Beverly at EPCOT

My sister and my husband both like it. It's bitter, as others have said. It's a matter of preference. I think the reactions happen because, when you first drink it, for a second or two, you think, hmmm, it's not that bad. That's when that bitter after-taste kicks in and makes you shudder! :crazy:

There is actually an official name for what you saw on the YouTube videos,... "Beverly Face"!

Well, I am Italian and I have never tasted nor seen it in shops.
I'd guest it's not a raging success here in Italy either (but several bitter drinks like Chinotto are well liked)

Interesting that you haven't seen it. I love VegiBeta, and looked for it when I was in Japan. Never found it. I had a Japanese friend look into it, and he found that it was test-marketed there, but never actually sold (he talked to the Coke distributor).

Are all these flavors just terrible lies?? Is it true that nothing at Disney is real???

My 4 year old tried it this past weekend and actually enjoyed it. BLECK!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Love it! Love it!

It really makes me think of a soda called "Verners" that you can get in Michigan. If it didn't cost so much to have it shipped to me, I would be ordering a case every month.:cloud9:

Are all these flavors just terrible lies?? Is it true that nothing at Disney is real???

Well, at least The 'Lift' brand (the apple flavored soda) is fairly common here in Mexico. Now, regarding those state-of-the-art animatronic animals that wander around... :rotfl:

We take individual "Beverly" pictures every year for our photo album. This is the first year that my 13 year old nephew didn't make a face. He actually didn't mind it. The other of us just have not taken a liking to it. OUr favorite is the watermelon one from China.

My 11 year old daughter lost a bet and as the loser she had to try to get another guest to try Beverly. We all stood around watching it unfold as it happened. She pretended that she loved it and went on and one about it. After several tries a woman around my moms age tried it. It was pretty funny to see her reaction.

My Dh dad is from Italy (been hear for over 40 years) and he had never heard of it. Some of my client's who are also from Italy never heard of it either.

..... Is it true that nothing at Disney is real???

I'm afraid you might be right. :sad1:
Every time I ride the Jungle Cruise, I think, "When the heck are they going to get around to
putting real hippos and crocodiles on this ride?" :lmao:

We have yet to find someone who likes it. We have taken Disney "newbies" to drink some as a part of their first visit. I think it's the grossest drink ever.

I think Beverly tasting has become almost an unofficial initiation for newbies! :drinking1:crazy2: :rotfl2:

Count me in the group that likes it in an odd way. The first time I tried it I thought it was awful. Year after year I would take a drink just to show others it wasn't so bad so that we could get the picture of them trying it for the first time. I guess over the years I have developed a taste for it.

It grows on you. It is just very bitter. But I like sparkling water instead of soda (too syrupy). I went back for seconds of Bev, just to see if it was as bad as I thought when the aftertaste first hit me. It wasn't. But the Mezzo Mix is much tastier.

DW loves it. In fact, she couldn't believe that it was used as a joke to newbies.

While I don't find it undrinkable, I prefer other beverages at Club Cool.

Mx

Did you know that the nasty bitter flavor is due to quinine? And due to the presence of quinine, Beverly will fluoresce under ultraviolet light!!

Did you know that the nasty bitter flavor is due to quinine? And due to the presence of quinine, Beverly will fluoresce under ultraviolet light!!

yes, quinine. and for some reason our DD when she was not feeling well, we were touring slow, and she tried the beverly - she felt it made her feel better - she loves filling a water bottle with the stuff!

We've never stopped to try the sodas, but I just saw someone mention Mezzo Mix!

Yes that one does exist!

When I was in HS I went to europe for a 3 week trip and drank Mezzo Mix whenever I could get my hands on it. This was probably 1989ish. I loved it so much I brought home an empty can of it along with a Coke Lite can (diet coke).

I've been back 2x since then, '99 and '01. They still had it, but I had to look much harder for it.

We are now going to have to stop for some mezzo and memories :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter