• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am *happy*:confused3 to report that I did lose 3 pounds this week, despite all the over indulgences. Now, if only I hadn't gained soo m....never mind. Not going there. New beginning. What I did up until this point is irrelevant, it's where I am going from here.

Also happy to report that I tied on those running shoes after a two week break finally today. I walked to the park instead of my usual drive, since DH was home with the girls. I took a route that is very uphill, to try to stretch out that hamstring that is bothering me before I ran. I only ran 2 miles, but I thought I'd better take it easier, and then walked uphill home. It was 3.3 all together, with a 13 min pace, so I am pleased.

I have 2 things to be proud of, so I am starting with that new attitude!

Immediate -get back to where I was. Don't want to start my next Master's class heavier. Longer term - my motivator is my birthday - Sept. 5. I hit 35, so I have to have a new driver's license. I want to like what it says for my weight, and my picture! :lmao:[/COLOR]

Taryn -
Great job on losing 3 pounds this week! I love your attitude and think it was great that you got out and did your 3 miles as well! :thumbsup2 I think you should be proud of how you came back, faced the problem and really worked on getting back on track. I think you are doing an incredible job!

As for your driver's license....:rotfl2:...too funny! I let mine expire by 6 months before I went in and got my new one because I hated how I was looking. It was loads of fun to go in and get the new one and not be embarrassed to write down the weight...and I actually like my photo!

We've got a couple of acres of lawn to mow today and I need to get a new dump sticker and coupons. I want to make a detailed list of what I've packed in each kid's bag as I keep wondering did I... This house could use some work too and speaking of work, I need to be there at 5 PM.

Have a Great Day and Make each choice your best choice ever :goodvibes

Sounds like you have a busy day planned! Enjoy your weekend!

Pamela - I remember you having a hamstring injury a while back. What did you do? I'm not sure if I have pulled mine, or if it's just really tight and needs a lot of stretching?
Thanks!
Taryn

It might have been Pamela who posted but I thought I would share about my experience. The other day I went out and ran 7.3 miles and when I got home, my hamstring was SUPER tight! I just iced it several times later in the day and took it easy. The next morning, I did some stretching and it was fine. Good luck with yours!

The nice thing about dh being gone is I can eat all the veggies, fruit and fish that I want. If I want fish 3 nights in a row I can do that. I am looking forward to making it almost spa meals every night.

I LOVE that about being home alone. There are times where I know I would eat different if I was alone but with the kids I always feel like I have to cook a whole big meal. Enjoy your time!

Hi all. Well I am just stopping by the computer quickly to say "see ya real soon" We head out tomorrow morning at 330am for our TN vacation. Lounging in the smokies....relaxing. A few days at dollywood, some mini golf, horseback riding, a day at the aquarium. Thats an overview of the plans. I honestly would be more excited if we were going to disney but my dh says we have to let our children realize there are other parts to the country:rotfl2

Lindsay - HAVE A GREAT TRIP! Enjoy the scenery and all your plans (and tell DH that next trip is Disney! :lmao:)

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Finally, Finally, Finally I've made goal. I had a big loss this morning of 3.6 lbs which puts me at 144.8 lbs. Now I have to hold onto it.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:woohoo: WAY TO GO! :woohoo:

Alright, I am done posting. Time to get in the shower. I have prepped more veggies and fruit then one family could possibly eat in a weekend. We have almost finished the laundry and packing. Once I shower, I should be able to load the van and we hope to be on the road by 2:30 PM today. I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.

Don't forget to send your COW numbers! I have to PM my weight for the day...down .5!

Later!
Jen

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July. It sounds like a lot of travelling. Hopefully the traffic and construction won't be too bad for all of you.

Deb

QOTD: Wednesday: What is your current favorite tv show?
I don’t really get to watch TV much, but when I do, I catch up on CSI and CSI NY – so I guess those are my favs.

Congrats to all the losers, especially CC!

QOTD: What is your favorite reward treat?
I don’t have one, but I really need to set small rewards for goals like a new pair of shoes for ten pounds or something like that. I think that would help my motivation.

Ann, so sorry to hear about your grandma.:grouphug:

Tracey – Thanks for being our coach last week!

Deb - Thanks for being our coach this week!

Friday's QOTD: How do you plan to stay on track over this holiday weekend?
Saturday day should be easy since we’re painting my mom’s bathroom. Painting fumes and being in a bathroom all day will probably mean I won’t have much of an appetite :crazy2:. Saturday evening will be hard though as we’re going to a friend’s house for a party. I’m not as concerned about the food since it’s an outdoor party (yeah, we’ve discussed that :rolleyes1), but they make the most yummy mixed drinks. I may have to drive myself instead of riding with my parents just so I can restrain myself to one or two. :drinking1 Sunday is cleaning day – I can’t really eat while I’m cleaning house. So, all in all I should have a pretty OK weekend as long as I don’t drink too much!

Mommyof2pirates – Have a great trip!

Jen A – I hope you have a wonderful, stress free weekend. :hug:

Connie and Rose – Good luck with your races this weekend! :cheer2:

Wow! I won a COW prize! :woohoo: ! Thanks so much Jen!

Lovedvc – Congrats on reaching goal! :thumbsup2

Taryn – way to get back on track! I still haven’t really gotten back on track from our vaca in May so trust me, you are doing great!

This week has been crazy – sorry if I missed anything this week guys. My schedule will be back to normal next week, so hopefully I’ll have more time to reply properly. Have a wonderful, fun, safe, and OP weekend everyone!

Bree

Part 2 of the COW this week is to share at least one thing that motivates you to keep going or to get going again.

Right now, I just keep one race on the calendar at all times. It keeps me running.

Just checked into the hotel near the race site. We've had a great day so far. Got my new running shoes. My feet are so happy! Ate exactly what I intended to. (Kept leftovers for dinner later.) I was really looking forward to hanging out in the pool, but the rain keeps coming and going so I'm not sure. There's no lightening or thunder so I don't suppose the rain would hurt if I were already wet! :)

But, speaking of rain - my race will probably be wet and maybe even muddy tomorrow. Oh well. Like I said before - running in the rain makes me seem a lot more hard-core than I really am. I can live with that.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Can't wait to tell you all about the race. Have a good evening yall!

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great, OP day! I cannot say I am. I feel like I've eaten enough for 3 people. I know having more salt in my diet is necessary, but I have to find healthy foods that are higher in sodium. Any ideas? TIA!

I still have to exercise today. I will do that after I finish making a fruit salad. Thanks to JenA for the inspiration to do make one tonight!

Thanks Tracey for coaching this past week!

Yea CC!!!! Congrats on being the BL!:cool1:

Thanks!

Okay, I'lll address this, since I bring her up most often. I have 3 of her DVD's and I'll review them quickly (yeah, right.:lmao:)

30 Day Shred - approx. 25-30 minutes of circuit. Cardio, abs, strength. Great for when you are short of time, but intense during that time.

No More Trouble Zones - I :lovestruc this DVD. All strength, you need handweights. I can tell such a difference in my arms when I do it. It's about 45 minutes, but broken into to circuits that you can decide which ones to do. I've only done it through once, each segment, except one for core, does upper and lower body. Lifting with the arms while doing squats, etc. TOUGH AS NAILS!!! I usually do chest, biceps, triceps, and the core, which gives me about 30 minutes. My whole body feels it. Chest flys and crunches at the same time? :scared1:

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism: Did this one for the first time yesterday. It's 50 minutes of kick your butt cardio. Kickboxing, Plyo, some aerobic movements, nothing dancy, walking planks, you name it. I am feeling it today. It, too, is broken into segments, so you could tailor to your time and energy.

I love these, as the gym is not an option for me with the girls. I feel I get GREAT workouts at home, on MY schedule. And they are intense!

Hope this helps. They were all fairly inexpensive, I think I paid less than $30 for the set from amazon.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I may have to place an amazon.com order.

Are you dehydrated??? Drink lots of water!!!! You have a lot to be proud of, head up high girl!!

My doctor actually isn't positive why I wasn't feeling well. She does, however, believe that water and salt are what my body needs. Thanks for the encouragement! That was just what I needed!

I spent the day yesterday at the hospital visiting my grandma. She is going to be 94 in September and just had a stroke. It was such a hard day. She didn't know where she was and when my dad called to check on her she told him she was at my house, sitting in my living room, talking. So sad. She used to be able to tell us what the weather was like the day we were born... she is just a shell of what she was 6 months ago. :sad1:

Sending hugs. I am going with a similar thing with my grandmother. I know it is hard and I admire you for being able to visit her. I cannot say that I handle visiting mine well at all.

cclovesdis -- Congratulations on being the Biggest Loser! That is a fantastic accomplishment!

Thanks Maria!

today is my weigh in day since im off tomorrow from work. I lost 2lbs this week. :banana: My goal when I started on 4/26 was to loose 20lbs by vacation. I am at 19.4lbs lost. almost made it and I bet if I would weigh myself tomorrow theres a good chance I could be down to 195. My goal now is to not gain any back on vacation. Wish me luck:wizard:

You CAN and WILL do it! :goodvibes

Thanks! I was actually down the .4 + .4 more today, so hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

:woohoo:

I'm the BL coach for the next week. DH and I have been brainstorming QOTDs since we have a trip approaching and we're hoping to use all of you to make our trip even better. So...Friday's QOTD: How do you plan to stay on track over this holiday weekend. Now is the time to think about it and for all of us to come up with a plan today that we can stick to this weekend.

Thanks for coaching Deb!

QOTD: I got inspiration from JenA and made a big salad with more veggies than usual in it and I will make a fruit salad after I finish here. My dad is working on it now actually. I will always be "daddy's little girl" when it comes to cutting up a watermelon. :rotfl: Having both available throughout the weekend will really help. I'll also exercise tonight, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'm hoping for at least 30 minutes each day.

:grouphug: I know you have to be feeling really cruddy right now, but I'm going to tell you the same things you'd tell someone else:
1. You can do this. Repeat after me, I can do this.:goodvibes
2. You might feel like you've broken a plate lately, but there are still a lot of dishes left in the cupboard.;)
3. Make a plan for the weekend. Let yourself have a bit of the "forbidden" foods you want, and plan for the rest that you will eat.
4. Sometimes we just need a small success to kick start us again. Just pick one thing for tomorrow that you KNOW you can be successful at. I bet you can come up with a bunch of things!
5. Last, drink your water. Picnic food has a lot of sodium in it, and you will feel better if you spend the weekend hydrated.
:grouphug: I am really sorry it's so hard right now.

Perfectly said!

Evening everyone! I have had a really rough 2 days and haven't even been on here at all. I feel so far behind and I know that I am going to be gone tomorrow afternoon until Monday night...so I will be even further behind.

I have been working hard on applying for new jobs these past 2 weeks. I ended up getting a lead on a job close to my house...quickly put my portfolio together...ran everything to the school and did everything I could to try to get a jump on other applicants. Then, I found out that the principal already has someone he wants to hire and that it just needed to be posted. I don't know why it set me off...but it did. I just got so totally discouraged and stressed and freaked out over not having a job and ATE!

I have spent the past 2 days in a personally bad place - totally cranky with the world, angry that I have to diet and exercise and eating food.

I have not eaten bad food - like today when I was all stressed, I ate a HUGE amount of baby carrots (until I actually felt icky). I have still exercised. So I know that I am not doing all bad. I just have stayed away because I was not ready to talk about how I am feeling about the no job situation.

I am looking forward to going to the cabin this weekend and hope the time away will help refresh me a bit and help me deal with all of this again.

Done with the pity party. Time to post all the COW information for everyone...love the COW...that makes me happy! :goodvibes

:hug: I too am looking for a teaching job. You are a great teacher. I'm sure you'll find something.

Have a great time at the cabin!

Well, I am heading up to Dallas first thing in the morning and I know exactly where I'm going to eat and what I'm going to order tomorrow - which is all within reason. Saturday, after my 10K race, I know where I'm going to eat lunch, but I don't know what I'm going to order - but it will be an indulgence. As far as Sunday and Monday, I'm really not sure what our plans are. Probably go see Toy Story at some point, so I will probably just have to hand the popcorn to DH and let him run interference for me. :rotfl:

Good luck with your race!

I'm down this morning. It always amazes me how much easier it comes off when I EAT AT HOME!!!! When will I learn this lesson?:confused3 It's not rocket science. My biggest issue is planning. I had a plan this week, wrote it down, and it worked great. And the funny thing is DH and I both like home cooking better. If we have a plan, we enjoy cooking together, if we don't we go out or get take out. I've started writing what our meals are in a journal I kept in 2008 when we were on a strict budget. Then on days when I am having trouble planning, I can pull it out and find a quick and easy recipe. It will help because I don't have as many tried and true vegetarian recipes yet. (I've been a vegetarian for one year at the end of this month. Except for bacon--I still had bacon occasionally until October.:))

I love the journal idea! Way to go on the loss!

Week 4 COW Results

Please know that you do not have to participate but the COW is here to help you build good habits and have fun as you focus on your health and fitness for the challenge.

I also feel I need to state that please let me know if I make any mistakes. I am only human and it is a bunch of data to keep organized. :goodvibes I try my hardest to be sure I accurately record all the postings and PM messages.

Statistics:
We had 24 people try the COW this week.
17 people reported their points for Part I
19 people reported about journaling in Part II

Here are the top numbers for the COW

25 points
tigger813
jenanderson

26 points
connie96
Wofriedoodles

28 points
keenercam

A big congratulations to everyone on the list and thanks to everyone who sent in their numbers!

New to the COW….PRIZES!
Now, I printed out all the names of those who participated and drew one name from Part 1 (reporting your points) and one name from Part 2 (chatting about your new exercise). If your name is selected as the winner for one of our prizes, please send me a PM with your address information so I can send your prize!

PART 1 WINNER = brinalyn530
PART 2 WINNER = cclovesdis

Again, congratulations to everyone who participated in the COW last week. I hope to have as many participants report in with both points and new nail polishes they tried out this week!

Stay tuned for the COW Week 6 information to be posted next!

Yay to all the COW participants! I know COWs are really helping me. Even focusing on 1-2 of the 4 is making a difference. I can't believe I'm a winner this week. I'll send you a PM soon.

I was so worried about this weigh in. I was happily surprised to be down 2.5. I will take it. After a week end of too much birthday cake I was happy to see a loss.

Sweet! (No pun intended!)

WOOHOO!!!! I'm so excited! I'm down 3.4 for the week!

That's awesome!

Well, I am *happy*:confused3 to report that I did lose 3 pounds this week, despite all the over indulgences. Now, if only I hadn't gained soo m....never mind. Not going there. New beginning. What I did up until this point is irrelevant, it's where I am going from here.

Also happy to report that I tied on those running shoes after a two week break finally today. I walked to the park instead of my usual drive, since DH was home with the girls. I took a route that is very uphill, to try to stretch out that hamstring that is bothering me before I ran. I only ran 2 miles, but I thought I'd better take it easier, and then walked uphill home. It was 3.3 all together, with a 13 min pace, so I am pleased.

Great attitude! Way to go on the loss and the run!

The nice thing about dh being gone is I can eat all the veggies, fruit and fish that I want. If I want fish 3 nights in a row I can do that. I am looking forward to making it almost spa meals every night.

Sounds delicious!

Hi all. Well I am just stopping by the computer quickly to say "see ya real soon" We head out tomorrow morning at 330am for our TN vacation. Lounging in the smokies....relaxing. A few days at dollywood, some mini golf, horseback riding, a day at the aquarium. Thats an overview of the plans. I honestly would be more excited if we were going to disney but my dh says we have to let our children realize there are other parts to the country:rotfl2:

My anxiety is getting better. I have everything together now just have to pack the car. I got 2 new tires, vacuumed and wash our car. Dh is on his way home from work and will mow the grass. I cant forget picking the kids up at daycare:lmao: Later my parents are stopping over to say bye to the kids. My dad is going to check the oil in the car and we will fill up the gas tank. I would love to get a run in tonight but I have to get everything else done first. Hopefully all is covered and the night will end uneventful with no more bumps in the rode.

I will miss you guys and hope to report good results when I return!
~Lindsay

Have a great trip Lindsay! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :goodvibes

Health is a HUGE motivator for me. I have to take insulin when my weight goes up but I have been fine without it now for several months and that is a WONDERFUL thing. I think it is great you have better health now!

Yes, ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!

Finally, Finally, Finally I've made goal. I had a big loss this morning of 3.6 lbs which puts me at 144.8 lbs. Now I have to hold onto it.

:woohoo:

Congrats to all the losers, especially CC!

Thanks Bree!

Back from a great night with DH at Fenway Park. I had 2 beers, a sausage on the way in and then a steak and onion sub in the 4th inning. I also had a Coke Zero. Walked about 2 miles getting to and from the train to the park. Sox won 3-2 thanks to 2 HRs by JD Drew!

Need to go to bed as I have a reflexology client at 10 in the morning and I need to help my mom make her blueberry jam in the morning.

Night all!

CC do you drink diet soda? Read the labels, but I'm sure some varieties have sodium. You have a good plan in place for the weekend. Good luck.

QOTD Saturday: What place do you dream of visiting someday. This can be anywhere in the World.

I would love to spend time in Hawaii. We went years ago everything in my memory is absolutely breathtaking.

QOTD Saturday: What place do you dream of visiting someday. This can be anywhere in the World.

Scotland! I've never been and it sounds so beautiful. And, I'd like to go to England and Italy again.

Hi everyone! :wave: I haven't posted at all this challenge, but I do pop in now and then to see what y'all are up to. I've been great about my excercise since I'm training for the Disneyland Half, but I've been absolutely horrid about my eating!!! And, I've gone back to my worst habit of hoarding and hiding treats. I need to get back on here since even typing that out right now feels like a load off my shoulders and makes me feel a little more accountable. I gained back a few pounds, but not much. I'm feeling more and more in shape, but I really need to take some of the excess weight off still. It would really help me increase my miles per minute when I run.

Is there a "smilie" for knocking my head against the wall? That's about how I'm feeling. "Thunk. Thunk. Thunk."

Scotland! I've never been and it sounds so beautiful. And, I'd like to go to England and Italy again.

Hi everyone! :wave: I haven't posted at all this challenge, but I do pop in now and then to see what y'all are up to. I've been great about my excercise since I'm training for the Disneyland Half, but I've been absolutely horrid about my eating!!! And, I've gone back to my worst habit of hoarding and hiding treats. I need to get back on here since even typing that out right now feels like a load off my shoulders and makes me feel a little more accountable. I gained back a few pounds, but not much. I'm feeling more and more in shape, but I really need to take some of the excess weight off still. It would really help me increase my miles per minute when I run.

Is there a "smilie" for knocking my head against the wall? That's about how I'm feeling. "Thunk. Thunk. Thunk."

Hello Stephanie. Sounds like you are making the right steps. You've got the excercise component and you know that it's time to eat right. You can do it, we all know that it isn't easy, but it sounds like you're ready so do it. Get rid of the treats that you've been hoarding and stop by here.

I would love to spend time in Hawaii. We went years ago everything in my memory is absolutely breathtaking.

Germany. I would love to tour the concentration camps and have some amazing sausages and beer!

Well I'm pretty much back from Disneyland. I say pretty much because I'm just now starting to feel home lol. I did have 2 days off but I haven't even started switching purses yet or unpacked the bathroom bag.... I took Commando to a new level this time. I don't think I'll ever again do the busy season. It was nice to do once--with the relatives, but never again.
Saw LisaH. That was so amazing to meet her. I wish I'd had more time...thought of her when I was using the binocs to watch the Mickey fun wheel....(from HOJO--she had excellent view from GVC)
Gained 4 pounds lol, but I was 5#'s under goal weight when we went. Was happy with my pictures this time even though there weren't many...funny hah-- best I've looked there for 10+ years and we hardly took any pics...guess I'll have to maintain for 2 years at least for the next trip.:goodvibes
chipanddale001.jpg
[/IMG]

Thank you Wish board challenge ladies. I owe you big for no pain the whole time, and for not being camera shy and having confidence this trip. This board has been everything to me. Ladies--it's worth it...:thumbsup2

**I'm almost finished with my trip report--you can click on the link in my sig if you're curious. I know most of you ladies go to the 'World' though. Highlights include many kitties (of course--it's me) meeting world famous Maynard and seeing the president of Disneyland. Also the new World of Color show twice although I was really more blown away by the 'new to me' Fantasmic dragon. She is truly 'frigging amazing...:lovestruc
OK the Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans and Shakey's pizza were stupidly good too....:worship:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Finally, Finally, Finally I've made goal. I had a big loss this morning of 3.6 lbs which puts me at 144.8 lbs. Now I have to hold onto it.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:cool1::banana::cheer2::dance3::woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE MAINTAINER TEAM!!!

Taryn – way to get back on track! I still haven’t really gotten back on track from our vaca in May so trust me, you are doing great!
Thanks, I am trying! I decided yesterday that I had gotten really complacent, so the gain on vaca gave me a boost to get going... well, it took me a few days, but I am feeling it now!

Just checked into the hotel near the race site. We've had a great day so far. Got my new running shoes. My feet are so happy! Ate exactly what I intended to. (Kept leftovers for dinner later.) I was really looking forward to hanging out in the pool, but the rain keeps coming and going so I'm not sure. There's no lightening or thunder so I don't suppose the rain would hurt if I were already wet! :)

But, speaking of rain - my race will probably be wet and maybe even muddy tomorrow. Oh well. Like I said before - running in the rain makes me seem a lot more hard-core than I really am. I can live with that.

I love it, it does the same for me! HAVE A WONDERUL RACE!!!!!! Be careful in the mud!

Hope everyone is having a great, OP day! I cannot say I am. I feel like I've eaten enough for 3 people. I know having more salt in my diet is necessary, but I have to find healthy foods that are higher in sodium. Any ideas? TIA!

CC- I am not a person that has to have salt on things, I rarely salt foods. My body hoards it like nobody's business. BUT I come from a family that likes salt. They especially like to salt fruit and veggies. Corn on the cob, spray butter that's not really butter, and salt. Watermelon - gets salt. Cucumbers, they salt them. Apples (Granny Smith) they salt them, too. Tomatoes, cantaloupe. Maybe since you made a fruit salad, you could just add some salt to some of the fruit? I know a lot of soups are high in sodium, if you could find a reduced fat/calorie one, that might not be too bad. Soy sauce has a TON of sodium, so you could add that to chicken dishes. Maybe water with lime and tequila salt? This is so counterintuitive for me, as I try to avoid it at all costs. We have switched here from iodized salt to sea salt, which I like the taste of a lot better.

I found this article for you, if you read down in the comments, there are suggestions and information.

http://blog.nutritiondata.com/ndblog/2010/03/too-little-salt-can-be-a-problem-too.html

Back from a great night with DH at Fenway Park. I had 2 beers, a sausage on the way in and then a steak and onion sub in the 4th inning. I also had a Coke Zero. Walked about 2 miles getting to and from the train to the park. Sox won 3-2 thanks to 2 HRs by JD Drew!

Tracey- sounds like a lot of fun. DH and I are terrible about getting out and doing things by ourselves. We always feel like with our crazy schedules, we don't spend enough time together as a family, so we always plan family outings. Your post makes me want to have a date night soon! Since dd2 will be four next year, we did talk about having them go to the Neverland club for a while at the Poly, and doing a date night then. But I even feel guilty about that! We did let them go to their age respective new year's eve parties at HHI, but VT was playing in the bowl game, so all we did was hang out in the Den and watch the game with a bunch of teenagers.:laughing:

My list is long, and will never be filled. DH HATES flying, so we are stuck to driving. I do want to rent our DVC points and cruise sometime, which would get me to the caribbean! In order of desire: Ireland, Spain, Hawaii, England, Italy, France, Japan, Canada,Switzerland, Germany, Costa Rica.... yeah, I want to travel. Epcot will have to do, I guess!! :laughing: And sadly enough, I want to get to New Orleans, NYC, Jersey Shore, Cali, Montana, Colorado, Seattle, the list goes on and on and on. My parents pretty much stuck to TN, NC, and SC for trips growing up. I went to Chicago for a week with 4-H in high school, and Houston, Galveston, with DH to visit his aunt and uncle, but that's about all outside of DC, and WDW of course. Travel would definitely be on a bucket list for me!

QOTD Saturday:

I swear there used to be, but I can't find it now! Sometimes, just admitting what we are doing is sooo hard, but load lifting at the same time. I had a hard time admitting my weight gain on vacation, but once I did, it seemed to help me turn the corner. What is it - admittance is the first stage in treatment or something like that!

Gained 4 pounds lol, but I was 5#'s under goal weight when we went. Was happy with my pictures this time even though there weren't many...funny hah-- best I've looked there for 10+ years and we hardly took any pics...guess I'll have to maintain for 2 years at least for the next trip.:goodvibes

You look AMAZING.. Seriously and totally!!!!! Glad you had a great trip!!!

Well, dinner last night... Lots of veggies, salad, and DH bought steaks that were big enough for 2! Of course I had to eat the stupid thing. For dessert, we have a tradition that when my SIL comes for dinner, we have chocolate fondue. I made sure to have strawberries and pineapple, and NOT the cake DH got, and tried to only put a little on, but when you are dipping in dark chocolate, heavy cream, and kahlua, a little goes a long way on the scale! But it was sooooo good, and something we only have 1 or 2 times a year.

Tricia, you will find this comment funny! (Everyone else, there is a long thread about "sweet tea" that Tricia and I were on. Like 4 pages talking about tea. :laughing:) But I made another pitcher of unsweetened mint tea to drink with dinner. I probably drank 3 glasses of it, and had to get up during the night to potty. I wonder if tea is a mega diuretic, because the last time I made a pitcher, and drank the whole thing, I had a big loss. :confused3

No real plans for the day. After cleaning all day yesterday for company, I've got to finish cleaning the kitchen AFTER company. Fireworks tonight, but prime seating is within walking distance of the house. I would like for us to do something active as a family, like find a hiking trail somewhere on our nearby mountain and a picnic, but I bet DH will just want to stay in and do nothing! :headache:

Have a great day everyone! Good luck to Rose and Connie on your races!
Taryn

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Hope that everyone is having a safe and happy 4th of July week-end!

Great loss, Taryn! Those vacation pounds are melting away! :cool1:

Lindsay, have a wonderful time on your vacation! :goodvibes

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:Finally, Finally, Finally I've made goal. I had a big loss this morning of 3.6 lbs which puts me at 144.8 lbs. Now I have to hold onto it.:cheer2::cheer2:

:woohoo: Great job on making your goal! :yay: Are you ready for me to move you to the maintainer team? :thumbsup2

Bree, hope that you have a great week-end!

Connie and Rose good luck on your races today! :thumbsup2

My doctor actually isn't positive why I wasn't feeling well. She does, however, believe that water and salt are what my body needs. Thanks for the encouragement! That was just what I needed!

Isn't that interesting? Well, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding sodium in things -- it seems to be everywhere!

There are lots of places that I would like to visit. Hawaii, London, Paris, every Disney park. So many places to go . . . so little time and money! ;)

:wave2: Hi Stephanie! Good job on the training. The eating thing takes some work -- these lifestyle changes are not made quickly.

Germany. I would love to tour the concentration camps and have some amazing sausages and beer!

Well I'm pretty much back from Disneyland. I say pretty much because I'm just now starting to feel home lol. I did have 2 days off but I haven't even started switching purses yet or unpacked the bathroom bag.... I took Commando to a new level this time. I don't think I'll ever again do the busy season. It was nice to do once--with the relatives, but never again.
Saw LisaH. That was so amazing to meet her. I wish I'd had more time...thought of her when I was using the binocs to watch the Mickey fun wheel....(from HOJO--she had excellent view from GVC)

Thank you Wish board challenge ladies. I owe you big for no pain the whole time, and for not being camera shy and having confidence this trip. This board has been everything to me. Ladies--it's worth it...:thumbsup2

**I'm almost finished with my trip report--you can click on the link in my sig if you're curious. I know most of you ladies go to the 'World' though. Highlights include many kitties (of course--it's me) meeting world famous Maynard and seeing the president of Disneyland. Also the new World of Color show twice although I was really more blown away by the 'new to me' Fantasmic dragon. She is truly 'frigging amazing...:lovestruc
OK the Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans and Shakey's pizza were stupidly good too....:worship:

It was a lot of fun meeting you last week, Susan! It was nice to meet your family, too. I had a little port and blue cheese last night and thought of our wine tasting. :goodvibes We saw you guys dashing out of WOC on Wednesday night beating the crowd -- you were ponchoed up so you must have been in the front row. I absolutely loved that show!

I love your picture -- you look wonderful and so happy! All your hard work has really paid off. I know that you will be able to maintain for the rest of your life because you have truly made that lifestyle change! :hippie:

Toy Story 3 was a wonderful movie. There were so many places where we just laughed out loud. We had lunch right before the movie and actually watched a whole movie without a single thing to eat and survived. :laughing:

Today is a little cleaning to get ready for our company next week and working in the yard -- hoping that the weather will start warming up for good now. Had to run the heater in July yesterday -- that is just wrong! :scared1:

Have a great week-end all!

chipanddale001.jpg
[/IMG]

Great picture. You look fabulous. I'm so proud and envious of the way you got below goal before your trip and only had a small gain keeping you at goal. Great Job :cool1:

:cool1::banana::cheer2::dance3::woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE MAINTAINER TEAM!!!

My list is long, and will never be filled. DH HATES flying, so we are stuck to driving. I do want to rent our DVC points and cruise sometime, which would get me to the caribbean! In order of desire: Ireland, Spain, Hawaii, England, Italy, France, Japan, Canada,Switzerland, Germany, Costa Rica.... yeah, I want to travel. Epcot will have to do, I guess!! :laughing: And sadly enough, I want to get to New Orleans, NYC, Jersey Shore, Cali, Montana, Colorado, Seattle, the list goes on and on and on. My parents pretty much stuck to TN, NC, and SC for trips growing up. I went to Chicago for a week with 4-H in high school, and Houston, Galveston, with DH to visit his aunt and uncle, but that's about all outside of DC, and WDW of course. Travel would definitely be on a bucket list for me!

I hope that you see much of your list someday. I find travel addicting and so does DH which is good :thumbsup2 At least those places in the states are doable by car.

There are lots of places that I would like to visit. Hawaii, London, Paris, every Disney park. So many places to go . . . so little time and money! ;)

Have a great week-end all!

I agree. Someday...someday maybe we'll all be able to travel to our dream destinations. It's fun to dream though.

Need to go to bed as I have a reflexology client at 10 in the morning and I need to help my mom make her blueberry jam in the morning.

Night all!

Sounds like a great day! Happy 4th!

Good Morning Everyone!

I actually slept-in this morning! I definitely needed the sleep. I really want to thank all of you for your help with my new "diet." I will exercise and weigh-in in a bit. Today looks to be a very on plan day.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

CC do you drink diet soda? Read the labels, but I'm sure some varieties have sodium. You have a good plan in place for the weekend. Good luck.

That is a great idea! I will definitely check the ones we have in the house and if not, I see a trip to the grocery store in my future. I love diet root beer. I wonder? :)

Like Taryn, I have so many places I want to go. My high school trip to France was cancelled after the tragic events on 9/11. I definitely want to go there. I would also love to Italy. Now that I think about it, I'd love to tour Europe for a summer.

Deb said it and I'm going to say it too, post! I am a binge eater and the best thing for me is to come here and post. I have also been able to curb binges by finding something else to do, especially exercise. Drinking a glass of water helps as well.

Hello Stephanie. Sounds like you are making the right steps. You've got the excercise component and you know that it's time to eat right. You can do it, we all know that it isn't easy, but it sounds like you're ready so do it. Get rid of the treats that you've been hoarding and stop by here.

So, so true Deb!

chipanddale001.jpg
[/IMG]

You look great! I can't wait to visit DL some day. It's too bad I live in CT. The plane ride alone would wear me out before I got there. I'd have to plan in rest days. Goodness, did I just suggest such a thing. Really, you look great! Congrats!

CC- I am not a person that has to have salt on things, I rarely salt foods. My body hoards it like nobody's business. BUT I come from a family that likes salt. They especially like to salt fruit and veggies. Corn on the cob, spray butter that's not really butter, and salt. Watermelon - gets salt. Cucumbers, they salt them. Apples (Granny Smith) they salt them, too. Tomatoes, cantaloupe. Maybe since you made a fruit salad, you could just add some salt to some of the fruit? I know a lot of soups are high in sodium, if you could find a reduced fat/calorie one, that might not be too bad. Soy sauce has a TON of sodium, so you could add that to chicken dishes. Maybe water with lime and tequila salt? This is so counterintuitive for me, as I try to avoid it at all costs. We have switched here from iodized salt to sea salt, which I like the taste of a lot better.

I found this article for you, if you read down in the comments, there are suggestions and information.

But I made another pitcher of unsweetened mint tea to drink with dinner. I probably drank 3 glasses of it, and had to get up during the night to potty. I wonder if tea is a mega diuretic, because the last time I made a pitcher, and drank the whole thing, I had a big loss. :confused3

Taryn

Thanks for the article! The comment about salt vs. sodium was particularly helpful.

I love your idea to add salt to fruit. That would prevent me from eating processed foods, which I've been doing. I could also add salt to my morning oatmeal. Right now, the only sodium I have in the morning is from what naturally occurs in 1/2 cup of milk.

I was going to comment about possibly adding some tea to my diet, but after reading the article, I'm thinking right now, I need to retain some of the nutrients I've been eating. I'll continue drinking about lots of water though.

Isn't that interesting? Well, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding sodium in things -- it seems to be everywhere!

It definitely seems to be everywhere. Unfortunately, not necessarily in healthy places. I've been struggling to find some low-point foods with salt in them. My WISH Dis friends came through again though with some great ideas!

CC--I think I missed something--why do you need more salt/ sodium? Hope everything is ok.:goodvibes

50sJayne--You look GREAT!!!!!

We are back from our race. I am going to type up a little race report later but just wanted to say: 1:06:08!:cool1: We were really pleased and we ran the entire way! We should get a starting corral at the W&D. My left foot is a little sore, but not as much as week, so hopefully things will continue to improve.

I have never posted before and after--and I know I'm still 8.6 pounds from goal, but today has been quite the emotional rollercoaster for me. So I thought I'd share how far I've come since January. I apologize for the big pictures. Photobucket was not cooperating today, so i had trouble resizing.:)

December of 2009
IMG_1199.jpg

This morning at 5:00am!
IMG_1524.jpg

About 20 minutes before the start.
IMG_1529.jpg

Me and Mike--10-15 minutes after the race. We don't look too sweaty.:thumbsup2
IMG_1534.jpg

Thank you all for all your kind words and for sharing all your stories. It really means the world to me.:goodvibes

party:party:Happy Fourth of July weekend!!!party:party:
Looked for a fireworks smilie, but couldn't find one. We have had a busy, fun week, and tonight is our big pre-fireworks cookout and party night. Our yard is all set, the coolers are full and I just took a shower. My brother and family should be here soon from western mass and then we'll head down to the park. They have some carnival rides and games set up there so we do that early and then come home for the cookout and go back for the fireworks. They estimate up to 40,000 people come out for the fireworks when the night is good, and we love walking 2 streets over afterwards and watching the hoards of people going by while we sit and relax on the porch with another pina colada. Wish you all could come by and join us. It's a fun and crazy weekend, but it all winds down tomorrow after a little horribles parade. I'm happy to have monday off this year too. I'm really looking forward to a little relaxing time, and to catch up on everyone here. I do miss you all when I don't have time to read every day. I am holding my own which make me happy. Up .2 this week which is basicly a maintain. :rotfl: I ran this morning too, which starts my day off right. Might not counteract all I eat and drink today, but it won't hurt.

Tracey- Thank you for coaching last week, and I wish I was around more. Glad you had fun at the Red Sox and they won!!! Michael so wants to go to a game this year, but it's so expensive. I'm going to try and work on in. Next weekend is the futures of fenway, so we may go to that. If you've never been it's a double header minor league game at fenway. We went last year and it was great.

My3princes- thanks for coaching this week. I'll be back to catch up on the qotds.

Taryn- I did read your post about your trip, and I'm so glad you had a fun trip, and that you were able to find a watch to remember your daddy by. I can imagine it was very emotional, but what a nice token for you, every time you look at it you'll think of him and the love you both shared.

Susan- YOu look awesome in that DL pic!! SOunds like an awesome trip and how fun to meet up with Lisa.

Lovesdvc- COngrats on becoming a maintainer!!!!!:cheer2:

Rose- Congrats on your race!! YOu look fabulous and so happy!! Awesome time, too!!!

Connie- Hope your race goes well today too!!

Lisa- Enjoy your fireworks tonight, but be careful. I'll have an extra pina colade for you. ;)

Pamela- So sorry about your friend. What a wonderful thing for you to read the eulogy for your mom. It amazes me when people get up and do that, and it means so much to the family to remember that person with personal stories and love. I hope everything went well for you and your family.:hug:

Everyone else, I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and fun holiday weekend!!!

Well, I'm off to fill some water balloons. The neighborhood is starting to rev up. Happy fourth!!

I forgot to check in yesterday, but am thrilled to report that I am down 8.0 for the week!! :cheer2:

This weekend is going to be a struggle to stay on the straight and narrow, but I've not blown it so far yesterday or today. I am hopeful that I can keep it up.

CC--I think I missed something--why do you need more salt/ sodium? Hope everything is ok.:goodvibes

We are back from our race. I am going to type up a little race report later but just wanted to say: 1:06:08!:cool1: We were really pleased and we ran the entire way! We should get a starting corral at the W&D. My left foot is a little sore, but not as much as week, so hopefully things will continue to improve.

Great time, and you look fantastic!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate Independence day!!!

Well, I'm off to fill some water balloons. The neighborhood is starting to rev up. Happy fourth!!

Sounds like a wonderful, All American Day!! Good job getting that run in early! Have fun - I HATE filling water balloons!

I forgot to check in yesterday, but am thrilled to report that I am down 8.0 for the week!! :cheer2:

THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!! You have to share, because that's what I need to lose this week!

Just finished 30 minutes of yoga, and 10 minutes of ab work. I'm hoping to do a little zumba from you tube, or something cardio, for just about 15-20 minutes later today, and arm work. I am thinking that my cross training days, I am hoping for 2 a days, as DH calls them from high school football, to really rev up my metabolism. Had a great salad for lunch, with 1oz of steak left from last night just for a little extra flavor. Kashi bar for breakfast, pineapple for snack. I'm feeling it, meaning the plan!

Have a great day everyone!

****Looks like I am the only one at home today! Had a major "snack" binge, chips and salsa, string cheese, and a bite of angel food cake. THAT IS IT! I told DH no dinner for me, if I want something later I'll grab some fruit and veggies if necessary. I am full, so no need to eat!

I did do zumba for about 30 minutes, I like the girls from Hickory NC. Maybe I burned off a little of the snack, and got the metabolism and post workout burn going.

We'll walk to the fireworks tonight, but only around .5 mile each way. Since we are carrying chairs, I know I won't get Dh to add more to the walk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter