• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I have no idea where the last 2 days have gone. The baby shower was good, but also 2+ hours of eating, present opening time, and then more eating. Really not good for my diet. I was up a lot on Sunday morning. I will check my weight again tomorrow morning and see where I am. I went to a party last night and well, you were expected to eat- A LOT- and it was pizza and ice cream. I'm hoping I had enough water today to wash out all the extra salt. I also made it to the gym for the first time in weeks. I walked/ran 1.09 miles in 20 minutes. Talk about depressing. I CAN and WILL improve.

QOTD from yesterday: My job keeps me on my feet almost all day so it is definitely good for my weight loss goals. I walked almost 7500 steps at work alone today.

QOTD for today: Hmm, I'm not really sure. I loved Full House growing up and sometimes find myself watching episodes and trying to guess what the next line is. (I've seen some of the episodes a lot. :rotfl:)

QOTD for tomorrow: No clue. I'm not really a music person.

I've been reading the thread and hope I don't miss anyone I want to say something to :goodvibes

JenA: I hope your son is feeling better. That sounded very scary.

Taryn: Welcome back! You look great!

Connie: Good luck with your race!

Knowing me, I'll remember something else and will post again later.

Have a great night everyone!

QOTD--the Cure, followed closely by Bob Marley, the Smithereens, and Madonna. Can you tell I'm an 80's girl?;)

Good evening all!

We had a great time at DLR. Enjoyed meeting 50sjayne for a little wine and cheese tasting at Wine Country Trattoria and meeting up with our families to see the Pixar Parade. World of Color is a fantastic show but I definitely recommend using preferred dining.

Lost my 40 pound clippie which was an accomplishment since the food was not so great except for Napa Rose. :laughing: I am sure it will be back this week or the next at the latest.

You folks were busy -- I had 14 pages to catch up on! :hug: to all those who need an extra one.

Deb, I'm glad that you had a good report for DS this week!

JenA, I'm so glad that your son is okay! :eek:

Taryn, you look marvelous! :thumbsup2 You should be so proud of your accomplishments.

I'm going to just jump back in with this week's QOTD:

QOTD Monday June 28: What is your favorite old tv series from when you were growing up that you wish was still on or they would revive? (I'm into fun questions for during the week!)

Alias Smith and Jones. I loved that show! It wasn't as good once Peter Duel was gone, though. I cried for hours when he died. :sad1:

Hmmmm..QOTD for Tuesday: What is your favorite singer or band of all time?

We love Journey in this house! Our wedding song was When You Love A Woman. We've seen them twice in concert. Miss Steve Perry but have enjoyed his replacements. Just watched their Live in Manila concert last week and it was amazing! I'm also a big Duran Duran fan as well as Styx! Josh Groban is a new favorite!

Another Journey fan here but I have to confess that it has to be with Steve Perry or it just isn't Journey to me. My sister and I still argue whether Steve Perry pointed to her or me when we were at a concert -- truth is that he probably couldn't see either one of us! :rotfl:

I will leave you with a picture of the view from our room at VGC
DISNELAND2010JUNE434.jpg

Have a great evening!

Oh I don't know. It depends on my mood. Today, I'm gonna have to go with Huey Lewis and the News. Heart of Rock and Roll. Power of Love. Hip to be Square. :cool1: Lots of fun stuff.

Thanks, Lindsay!! :goodvibes

Yep, I'm looking forward to getting this 10K under my belt so I can start working toward doing a half. I intend to run my first half in November down in Galveston. :banana: I don't currently have *plans* to run the Princess, but I do have *hopes* to run at WDW someday. SOON! :rolleyes1

I searched and couldn't find it either. :confused:

I have no plans currently to run at WDW either. Or walk as it were. Perhaps I can change that for 2012. We shall see after March. We shall also see if I can't rope in a walking partner popcorn::

Don't forget the Duck Tape!:rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2: That's exactly what i was thinking when I read the post in my email.

We love Journey in this house! Our wedding song was When You Love A Woman. We've seen them twice in concert. Miss Steve Perry but have enjoyed his replacements. Just watched their Live in Manila concert last week and it was amazing! I'm also a big Duran Duran fan as well as Styx! Josh Groban is a new favorite!

OMG Thank You:worship:

I go on Youtube to satisfy old song cravings, and last week or week before I was on an Eagles, Journey, Archies kick and whoever sang Build Me Up Buttercup:confused3 I was desperately trying to come with When you Love a Woman, and all I could remember was the tune and not the title.:rotfl:
So now that's played and I'm happy:rotfl:

I'm past my bedtime so I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Tuesday QOTD: I used to love Alabama, Journey, Survivor, the hair bands of the 80s. Right now I love the Zac Brown Band.

Well, it's 11:30. I got everything out of the suitcases, the suitcases put away, and the first 3 loads of laundry done. My stomach is soooo unhappy with me for my gorging of the last week. Since I officially asked for an excused weigh in, I'm not taking away my clippies until Friday! :lmao: I feel miserable, and coffee seems to help move things along so to speak, sorry, so I drank a pot this evening. I am wired, and my stomach still hurts.

I started my dining review and trip reports, so after I do a bit more laundry and cleaning I might work on them some more. If anyone wants to read more of my ramblings and be totally disgusted by how much I ate, here are the links:
dining review
TR

Thanks for all the compliments. I didn't post the pictures to fish for them, it was a promise kept and a motivator. I run to Imma Be a lot, and there is a line that says " Imma be takin them pics, lookin all fly and ****." Whenever I needed a motivator to run, I would listen to that and think about how I wanted to look in my WDW pics this year, and promised that I would post them when I got back, regardless of if I liked them!

Unfortunately, my body is letting me know it no longer likes lots of food, and I think it shows in my face and tummy, especially. The pictures are a motivator that I don't want to go back to that place, and I need to get a move on getting this off and them some. I fear complacency and giving up. Please don't let me, I was soo bad the week before my trip, and on my trip. I've got to get my mojo back, but I am scared that I won't. I feel like a setback has happened that I am not mentally able to get over. I need to print Jen's quotes and tape them on the fridge!

I remember some of the stuff I wanted to post earlier:

JenA
- your son is very lucky. I had a cousin do something similar, but he used his arms to break his fall, and broke both arms and collarbones and spent a summer with a half body cast with both arms straight out! So glad DS is okay. When things like that happen (DD2 the clutz) I replay them over and over in my mind, which makes it worse! Hope the icing and pain meds help, and sooooo glad he had a happy ending!

Rose - Someone once told me that the teen years are God's way of helping us be more accepting of our children leaving. Even though DD is only 10, she is starting some of the drama and attitude, and I kind of understand already. I am very scared for our bond to go away, yet sometimes I want HER to go away for a few minutes, ;)so :hug: for you and your conflicting emotions!

Lisa-glad you had a good time, and your view is just breath taking!

Monday's QOTD: I loved the Facts of Life, the original 90210 especially the high school years, Different Strokes, Silver Spoons, that show with Alex P. Keaton, Saved by the Bell, those kinds of shows.

Tuesday's QOTD
: That is sooo hard. I like a few songs by lots of people! As a tween - Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, the hair bands. As a teen - Boyz II Men, Sir Mix a Lot, Will Smith, "Old school" rap. College - Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Counting Crows, Hootie, Dave Matthews, Nellie, Shaggy, Snoop Dog, REM, Chili Peppers. And now - Mellow - Michael Buble', Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, Louie Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, John Mayer. Dance and run - Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha, Eminem.. Very eclectic! I even have a playlist called sentimental when I want to cry, that has the songs I sang to my daughters when they were born, their special songs with DH, and songs that make me think of Daddy!

Yep, Taryn, it's now 2am. You've had too much coffee. Stop playing with font colors, and go to bed!

QOTD for Tuesday: What is your favorite singer or band of all time?
I love Def Leppard, we got to see them in concert last summer. They were amazing! I still can't get over the drummer. ONE ARM! That is perseverance for you. I think if he can play the drums with one arm, I can certainly loose 10 lbs!
Favorite Singer: there are too many.

Getting an early start today, folding laundry and picking up the house. I feel like a cluttered house leads to a cluttered mind..so I am on a cleaning frenzy! Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

Good Morning Everyone!

Lisa- glad your back and that you had a great time. Dont worry you will get the clippie back in no time.

Taryn- We will keep you on track. Dont worry you will be fine. I had to laugh at your favorite music list. Mine is pretty similar over the years too.

Teen- Old school Rap, Boyz II Men, New Kids on the block
College- Anything Country
bar hopping days- anything the cover bands would play! Come on Illeen, Sweet Caroline, Jackie and Diane, etc.
Now- Tim Mcgraw:lovestruc, anything top 40.

Its funny how your taste changes over time.:lmao:

Have a great tuesday!

I love Def Leppard, we got to see them in concert last summer. They were amazing! I still can't get over the drummer. ONE ARM! That is perseverance for you. I think if he can play the drums with one arm, I can certainly loose 10 lbs!
Favorite Singer: there are too many.

Getting an early start today, folding laundry and picking up the house. I feel like a cluttered house leads to a cluttered mind..so I am on a cleaning frenzy! Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

Hey there, Buddy! Glad to see you here!

Gotta get moving as I have to drop the kids off at Bible School before heading to work. Then it's shopping and a trip to the transfer station. Then fix supper and head back to work for a 6:15 client.

Don't know if I'll get any workouts in besides my massages today. I want to do WATP. I guess it will depends on when I get back from shopping. Maybe I'll do a 4 or 5 mile walk as soon as I get back.

Time to get a move on!

. I feel like a cluttered house leads to a cluttered mind..so I am on a cleaning frenzy! Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

That's exactly right! I can't function if my house is a mess!

New Kids on the block anything top 40.
Have a great tuesday!

How could I forget NKOTB? Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa Hangin' Tough. And I forgot about my little blip in late high school of country. Being from the South, it's unavoidable, I guess. Now, I can't really take it AT ALL, unless they mainstream it. And I do love my top 40. It's nice b/c DD and I like the same music now! (She likes some of my old school rap, her friends give her a hard time, and then it shows up as part of a new song, and when she knows the beat, suddenly it's cool!)

Good morning everyone. I haven't been on the thread for a while.

Graduation on Wed was okay but very hot.. Thursday was very sad. Besides the 6 people retiring we are losing 10 more people to either other schools or being let go. That is 10% of our staff. It has been bothering me ever since.

Friday we did 2 lawns. Sat I helped at a charity event. My quilt shop pledged 1000 pillowcases to be sewn and donated to charities such as ConKerr Cancer which gives pillowcases to kids with cancer. As of Sat's sewin we have 897.

It has been too hot the last couple of days to do much. we are the weird house becasue we have no air conditioning. We have a lot of fans. It is not too bad most days but when it gets over 87 then we kind of die. I am going to be spending time in the cool basement so I can get my sewing area into some sort of order.

QOTD Favorite tv shows would be MASH, Mary TYler Moore, Bob Newhart and CHeers

Favorite singer I am not into rock. Never really have been. I love Mel Torme, Michael Finestein (got tickets to see him in concert from my sons for Mother Day), Dianna Krall. AS you can tell I love old fashioned music.

Have a great day everyone.

QOTD: It's kind of mood dependent but Jimmy Buffett, Tom Petty, and ABBA come to mind. :)

Good morning losers! :)

My goal for today is "just for today"...just for today I will make healthy choices, walk my dogs, and journal everything. Yesterday was a good day and I don't want to compare to it and sabotage myself (oh you were on track yesterday you can slip up a little today) so I'm focusing on today only - no forward and no back. :thumbsup2

Lisa LOVE that view!!!:love:

My goal for today is "just for today"...just for today I will make healthy choices, walk my dogs, and journal everything. Yesterday was a good day and I don't want to compare to it and sabotage myself (oh you were on track yesterday you can slip up a little today) so I'm focusing on today only - no forward and no back. :thumbsup2

I think this is a really good attitude.:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing. I needed to hear that today.:goodvibes

Lisa--love the view. Did you enjoy VGC?

I want to add to my favorite music list--I forgot Counting Crows. I've seen them in concert and it was great! I don't listen to them as much as I used to, because some of the songs make me a little sad. Too much soul searching in some of them.

Oh boy, I missed a lot by not coming on yesterday. Spent the day painting DD's bedroom. We are covering up her wonderful pixie purple and she has declared she does not want a Tinkerbell room any longer....WHAT??!!! I guess that is what happens when they are getting ready for high school. :sad2: At least it will be a light green color and she is going to keep it decorated with a "vacation feel" accented by her favorite Tink accessories.

I will come on in a bit to do a bunch of responding to people but I have decided I need to run this morning so I am going to try to get going right away and get it done before I get distracted by the laundry, housework and more painting.

Back in a while!
Jen

Good morning all!

I have no plans currently to run at WDW either. Or walk as it were. Perhaps I can change that for 2012. We shall see after March. We shall also see if I can't rope in a walking partner popcorn::

There is a group of marathon walkers over on the Events side of the WISH boards that you might want to check out. Also, I know that the teams will take people who are walkers, too. Just a thought for when you are ready for that. :flower3:

Tuesday QOTD: I used to love Alabama, Journey, Survivor, the hair bands of the 80s. Right now I love the Zac Brown Band.

Oh, Survivor, I almost forgot about them. Now I will have to listen to Zac Brown Band on iTunes to see if I recognize anything. I tried listening to Justin Bieber a couple of weeks ago to see what all the fuss was about -- all I heard was "oh, baby, baby" -- didn't do too much for me. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the compliments. I didn't post the pictures to fish for them, it was a promise kept and a motivator. I run to Imma Be a lot, and there is a line that says " Imma be takin them pics, lookin all fly and ****." Whenever I needed a motivator to run, I would listen to that and think about how I wanted to look in my WDW pics this year, and promised that I would post them when I got back, regardless of if I liked them!

Unfortunately, my body is letting me know it no longer likes lots of food, and I think it shows in my face and tummy, especially. The pictures are a motivator that I don't want to go back to that place, and I need to get a move on getting this off and them some. I fear complacency and giving up. Please don't let me, I was soo bad the week before my trip, and on my trip. I've got to get my mojo back, but I am scared that I won't. I feel like a setback has happened that I am not mentally able to get over. I need to print Jen's quotes and tape them on the fridge!

:hug: Taryn. It sounds like you are doing a great job getting back on plan. Don't worry about what has already happened -- there isn't a thing you can do about that. But you can control what you eat and your exercise now. Remember what Cam says, "the next bite is the chance to do it right."

Look at those pictures and see the difference! I am sure that you felt much cooler and more energetic at WDW. And that you didn't have to worry about fitting into anything. Not to mention how cute you looked. Think of those good feelings and you will keep on track. Don't think about the "should haves," they arent' going to help you get to where you want to be. :flower3: You can do it! :thumbsup2

I love Def Leppard, we got to see them in concert last summer. They were amazing! I still can't get over the drummer. ONE ARM! That is perseverance for you. I think if he can play the drums with one arm, I can certainly loose 10 lbs! Favorite Singer: there are too many.

Thanks for reminding me about Def Leppard, redwalker. That is a good point about the arm thing.

I hope that you have a Terrific Tuesday too! :flower3:

Good Morning Everyone!

Lisa- glad your back and that you had a great time. Dont worry you will get the clippie back in no time.

Taryn- We will keep you on track. Dont worry you will be fine. I had to laugh at your favorite music list. Mine is pretty similar over the years too.

Teen- Old school Rap, Boyz II Men, New Kids on the block
College- Anything Country
bar hopping days- anything the cover bands would play! Come on Illeen, Sweet Caroline, Jackie and Diane, etc.
Now- Tim Mcgraw:lovestruc, anything top 40.

Its funny how your taste changes over time.:lmao:

Have a great tuesday!

I'm not too worried about it. I've lost clippies before. I find taking it away is a real motivator to get it back for me. I think it was my 15 pound clippie that I gained and lost several times before finally setting my mind to it that it was staying and moving on for good. It's all a mental game with myself. :rotfl:

Friday we did 2 lawns. Sat I helped at a charity event. My quilt shop pledged 1000 pillowcases to be sewn and donated to charities such as ConKerr Cancer which gives pillowcases to kids with cancer. As of Sat's sewin we have 897.

It has been too hot the last couple of days to do much. we are the weird house becasue we have no air conditioning. We have a lot of fans. It is not too bad most days but when it gets over 87 then we kind of die. I am going to be spending time in the cool basement so I can get my sewing area into some sort of order.

QOTD Favorite tv shows would be MASH, Mary TYler Moore, Bob Newhart and CHeers

Favorite singer I am not into rock. Never really have been. I love Mel Torme, Michael Finestein (got tickets to see him in concert from my sons for Mother Day), Dianna Krall. AS you can tell I love old fashioned music.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh, dona, I forgot about your pillowcase projects. How many pillowcases do you think you made in a year? It is a lot!

You are so nice to be the lawn service for all your family members. :flower3:

QOTD: It's kind of mood dependent but Jimmy Buffett, Tom Petty, and ABBA come to mind. :)

Good morning losers! :)

This is a great attitude, jennz! :thumbsup2 A few good days will turn into a good week, then a good month and you'll be where you want in no time! :hippie:

It was a beautiful view and always something interesting to watch.

Lisa--love the view. Did you enjoy VGC?

We did love VGC. We've always loved Grand Californian but the Villas are by far the best -- even over concierge or a suite at the GC. They are so pretty and well laid out. You walk out and cut through the pool to the DCA entrance where you can go to DCA or use it as a short cut to DL. It was very nice and I need to start planning another DLR trip as I am suffereing from withdrawal! :rotfl2:

Oh boy, I missed a lot by not coming on yesterday. Spent the day painting DD's bedroom. We are covering up her wonderful pixie purple and she has declared she does not want a Tinkerbell room any longer....WHAT??!!! I guess that is what happens when they are getting ready for high school. :sad2: At least it will be a light green color and she is going to keep it decorated with a "vacation feel" accented by her favorite Tink accessories.

I will come on in a bit to do a bunch of responding to people but I have decided I need to run this morning so I am going to try to get going right away and get it done before I get distracted by the laundry, housework and more painting.

Back in a while!
Jen

Good job getting your running in early before it warms up!

Maybe the green room can morph into a woodsy or meadowy kind of thing. We remodeled DS' room last summer and it turned into a teen room. DH saved a tiny bit of Rainbow Fish from his other room and put in in our walk in closet as we were so sad to lose it. Now, we are under pain of death not to reveal that to anyone! :rotfl:

I forgot to mention that one day at DLR I wore my pedometer and I walked 13,998 steps. DLR is a lot closer together that WDW so that was a lot of walking. I did check to be sure that Indiana Jones and the other rides weren't adding steps when they shouldn't but my Omron did a great job. It is just a good reminder that no matter how far you walk, you cant just eat whatever you want, period.

Have a great day all!

I'm a little late to the party, but signing on for the summer challenge! In May 2009 I weighed 137. In May of 2010 I weighed 200. It's time to make a change in my life!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I realized that I forgot to formally announce that I'd like to be on Team Loser :goodvibes

Please send PD for my dad! He has to have major dental work done in the next few weeks and will find out on Tuesday when they can start. Has to have several teeth pulled first so I will have to take him and my mom to that. Only have one client scheduled this week so far!

QOTD Monday June 28: What is your favorite old tv series from when you were growing up that you wish was still on or they would revive? (I'm into fun questions for during the week!)

Prayers for your Dad (and Mom) as he goes through this.

I just have a couple of thoughts on the QOTD.... The theme song for Mary Tyler Moore show reminds me of sleeping over on the couch at my grandparents house.... I tear up when I hear it. That said, I really don't always love the show, but I will catch it a few times a years here and there.

The show that comes to mind first is something from my mid-20's called "Home Front". It was a drama set during WWII about the boys leaving (and coming back) from the war and what their families went through and about their war brides, etc. It was EXCELLENT, but I think it only lasted one or two seasons. I've never seen it in re-runs or anything.

Thanks to everyone who asked....DS is doing fine today. We are feeling very lucky and he got a serious reminder about goofing around at the pool. He was STANDING on the bottom of the slide (a HUGE NO NO and he knows it) and slipped. He hit the bottom part of it with his neck/throat and then fell into the pool! It was totally freaky! :eek: We expected some bruising...which he has. We expected his neck to be a bit sore but he says he is fine. He does have a bit of a "raspy" voice today and says his throat is a bit sore. We did talk with the doctors because DS has had major throat surgery and we just wanted to be sure that we did not need to bring him in. Doctors said as long as he was breathing, eating and drinking fine it was okay for now. I have a feeling that DD and DS will not be messing around at the pool for a while.

I am so sorry about your friend. :hug:

I was totally interested. I am so tired of doing all the chores...:laundy:..and I need to teach my kids to help out a bit more. They are great kids. The biggest problem is that they are so busy during the school year that I often don't feel that they really have much time to help out (especially with studying some nights). However, they have plenty of time in the summer and they need to practice a bit more responsibility.

I have a whole list of them from the last challenge...these all came from people from the BL9. Here we go....

Dead Last Finish
is greater than
Did Not Finish
which greatly trumps
Did Not Start

If hunger is not the question, food is not the answer.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

No one ever got fit from staying cozy and comfy.

Give it your best and forget the rest.

DON'T GIVE UP! DON"T GET FRUSTRATED!

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Hunger is not an emergency.

Just keep swimmin...just keep swimming

Do I really love this food?

I am strong.

If you feel hungry, your body is telling you something. Eat the right fuel and you will burn and aid in speeding your metabolism.

It's All in The Attitude

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.

I will never regret not running!

I AM WORTH IT

If you break a dish emptying the dishwasher, you don't throw the rest on the floor, so don't let one mistake snowball.

Be good to your body, it's the only place you have to live.

Losing weight is Hard. Maintaining weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard.

There's plenty of time to solve this thing, but you got to stop using your mouth and start using your brain!

You are worth it, and you are strong.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

I am doing the best I can given what I have today.

The past does not define you, the present does.

Life is a journey, and sometimes there are detours.

Exercise your optimism

Half of crazy is still crazy

Forward is a pace

Slow is the new fast

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.
Thanks for the quotes!! I can't wait to make myself some motivational signs to hang around the house.

Second... glad to hear that your DS is going to be just fine. But I'm sure he has added a few grey hairs to his parents for that stunt! :eek:

I agree about the kids being busy during the school year. I ask VERY LITTLE of my kids during school/sports season because it has been made known from DAY ONE that their main concern/area of concentration is to be their GRADES!! We tell them.... Daddy's main job is his JOB, which provides EVERYTHING for us! Mommy's main job is to keep the house running smoothly and organized and making sure everyone gets where they need to go. Kids main job is to get GOOD GRADES and LEARN LOTS and be GOOD PEOPLE! Everything else is gravy.

Unfortunately, they have taken me at my word and their rooms are a FRIGHT! But who can complain when they make the honor roll and get scholastic and sportsmanship awards?!

Thanks for the hug (and from ALL of you who took the time to send your sympathies). Funeral is tomorrow. I found a nice basic dress at Target yesterday to wear (and it looks good), so I will feel comfortable standing up in front of all these people. Mom has FINALLY finished her eulogy so I can practice it today. Not really looking forward to it, but like I said, I'm doing it for my Mom.

Did ok with the food this weekend. I think someone (maybe Pamela) posted they sometimes wonder how they can do this for the rest of their life. I've been feeling that way a lot lately. Mostly, I'm just seriously contemplating calling it good and being a maintainer. We met some friends Friday night who we hadn't seen in a couple of weeks, and I got a ton of really nice complements. I'm going to think about it for a couple of days before I make a decision.
Yup, it was me. And the thought creeps up every few weeks, when I am feeling deprived and/or hungry. I wonder how ONE trip to the movies (and the accompanying treats of course) can cause a 5 pound weight gain??!! But I guess, just like ALL the other changes I've made in my life, I need to make a BIG change to what I treat myself to at the movies. Popcorn is hard to change/give up, unless I brought my own. But honestly, fat free micro popcorn isn't that great a treat :sad2: So I'm sticking with the movie popcorn... just watch my portions a bit more.

But I will be searching for a "sweet" replacement to the Twizzlers and M&Ms. This entire journey is all about making SUSTAINABLE CHANGES. I guess this is just one last area of my life where I haven't made the right changes yet.

I'm baaaacckk!!!!
ANd the lowlights:
*Let's just say that so far, I ate at least 4,000 calories over what I needed each day. I won't go with today's weight, b/c I know the 12 hr. drive home has me bloated, but it's baaaaaddd!

Well, when we went watch shopping, I had 2 I liked. One was $100, and the other was a Citizen Eco-Drive watch. I was ready to go for the $100 one for money's sake, and DH gave me the extra money to get the citizen, since it would last longer. I had to leave the store while he paid for it, I was crying so hard, but I love it.
We are SO glad you are back. Sorry you are feeling bloated, but hopefully it will pass soon.

Glad you were able to get yourself a nice keepsake. Your Dad is surely smiling down on that choice.

I liked your list so much I copied & pasted it into a MS Word file. ;)

So this morning, I told my kids that on Wednesday (first summer vacation day) that we are sitting down and making up a summer calendar & chore list. Your list will come in handy and I'm sure I'll be copying some items.

Glad it helped. My kids went :eek: when they saw it... but TOUGH LUCK!

Pamela -- I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

My ds has camp during the day and summer reading for next year, so I don't do a separate chore list. He has his regular responsibilities plus his reading, and we will also ask him to skim the pool or pull weeds as needed. He's also taking two classes this summer to prepare him for the intense curriculum at his new school -- Intro to Latin and a Study Skills class. I think that's plenty for a 12 yr. old! He has a week-long orientation for his new school at the end of August -- 5 mornings from 9-12. I want everything done before he starts that, so he's got a reading/report schedule for each day. He made it himself, he's a very organized kid. A few years ago, he created parade and activity schedule for the 4 WDW parks, just for fun. He made floats and marchers with his toys, it was amazing. He is definitely considering a future with Disney! :yay:

Maria :upsidedow

OH MY GOSH. I wish our boys could meet! DS has said for YEARS that his career when he grows up will be to run a Disney Park!! (Unless, of course, he opens his OWN theme park.... also a life-long desire of his.) Every summer he spends time designing his own park on paper... rides, restaurants, themes, etc. He has built rides from Legos and K'Nex.

I agree, it sounds like your DS has PLENTY on his plate to keep him busy this summer. DD also has two summer projects for school which include reading and blogging and such, and that added to 7 swim practices per week plus swim meets, will definitely keep her BUSY. Hence the chore list is pretty LIGHT (IMHO).... but I don't want them to forget that this stuff still needs to be done. I think that they can each spare a few minutes a day to help out.

Actually DS is at Lego Robotics camp all this week, so the chores have been essentially pushed off for another week... oh well.

Well, I am registered for my first ever 10K race this coming Saturday. I am SO looking forward to this weekend! :p

Have a GREAT race and have fun with your Mom. I don't think it is silly to be excited by things like new running shoes and Whole Foods.... it just speaks to me about how important this healthy lifestyle has become to you!!

Pamela – Sorry to hear about your friend.

I like the Cosby Show, Growing Pains, and Full House, but I’ll add a new one – Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It holds a special place in my heart :rolleyes:.

Bree
Thanks for the sympathy.

Have you ever seen the LAST episode of Sabrina?? I'm not a big fan, but DD was into it a few years ago (it is on CONSTANTLY in reruns) and we watched it a lot. The last episode is AMAZING and a tear-jerker. Don't want to say more about it, in case you've never seen it.

Me at Disney last summer:

Me at Hilton Head, New Year's Eve this year, about 20 lbs heavier than summer, and 2 weeks before I started my weight loss journey:

Me at Disney this year!

Hopefully by NYE at Hilton Head this year, I'll have met goal and that midsection will look better!!! :lmao:

I just finished uploading pics to photobucket. I'd rather do that than unpack!

You look FABULOUS and AMAZING and SO MUCH YOUNGER!!! Be PROUD of those pictures... especially the one of you standing in front of the TOL. You look like a TEEN! Thanks for sharing.... I know it is tough to put out those BEFORE pictures. The trip sounds wonderful. I hope to find the time to read your TR later today.

TARYN YOU LOOK AMAZING GIRL. YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! I HOPE THOSE OF YOU WHO SHARED YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER PICKS REALIZE HOW MUCH HELP YOU HAVE BEEN IN KEEPING NEWCOMERS LIKE ME MOTIVATED. IT HAS BEEN SO HELPFUL....THANK YOU SO MUCH:lovestruc

I agree.... everyone's before and after pictures are VERY inspirational!! And I KNOW how tough it is to kind of "put yourself out there" and put up those "before" pictures.

No great answer for this. DH is definitely stuck in the 80's... Joe Jackson, the Romantics. Nothing I'm fond of. I like some of the 80's stuff I heard in college, but most of it I am well over. Count me as another Journey fan though. I definitely don't have a one favorite of all time though.

Well, it's 11:30. I got everything out of the suitcases, the suitcases put away, and the first 3 loads of laundry done. My stomach is soooo unhappy with me for my gorging of the last week. Since I officially asked for an excused weigh in, I'm not taking away my clippies until Friday! :lmao: I feel miserable, and coffee seems to help move things along so to speak, sorry, so I drank a pot this evening. I am wired, and my stomach still hurts.

Yep, Taryn, it's now 2am. You've had too much coffee. Stop playing with font colors, and go to bed!
:rotfl::rotfl:

Coffee usually works like that for me too, but not this week and I definitely NEED it! Any other ideas??

LOVE that goal! And if you are feeling REALLY discouraged, you could change it to... "just for this hour". Adding that to my book of inspiration!

Back in a while!
Jen

DD (almost 15) still has the pink Cinderella room we decorated when she was 2 1/2 ! She does talk about changing it, but she doesn't like "change". Not sure what will ever inspire her to change it..... but it definitely saves me time and money on redecorating!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I thought that since I was only 5 pages behind that I would be on and off the DIS in just a few minutes.... well, I've been sitting here for 69 minutes now! So I'll try to finish up quickly.

I had a great DOUBLE run day yesterday. I did my 4 mi in the morning (actually, it was about 3 mi of run and .5 mi of warm up and .5 mi of cool down walk), and then I had time in the evening when DD was at Rainbow Girls to do the mountain run/walk that I have been doing on Mondays.... 2.5 mile walk up a steep mountain road and then run down same. It was hot and humid and I was absolutely soaking/dripping wet when I was done (about 7:30 pm), but I was so pleased with myself for doing it.

Today was supposed to be a WATP day, but for some reason I couldn't get the DVD player to work right, so I changed it to an arms/abs circuit training day. I've had a few comments lately on how toned my arms are looking so I am feeling encouraged to continue working on them.

DS is off to Robotics camp and my partner in the car pool is driving today, so I don't have to leave the house until 5pm when I take DD to swim practice, so I need to go make the most of my day! I have 5 loads of finished laundry waiting to be folded and I might try to RAKE out DS's room while he is gone today. It depends on how quickly the house heats up. I refuse to slave in his room while I am dripping wet. We don't have central air and I haven't installed the kids room window a/c units yet (we used our a/c for the first time this season last night), so I might need to just sit in my room at my scrapping table for the day to keep cool! :rolleyes1

I'm off! TTYL..........P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter