• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa thank you! :hug: You made my day. :goodvibes

Maureen I agree - we love our shelter dog! We love our non-shelter dog too, we've always gotten puppies up for adoptin, but Tara is our first shelter dog and she is just so...I don't know how to explain it. She was a year when we got her and had been abused...she just dotes on us. :love:She's happy just staring at us. I've heard that from other people who have rescues.

Pam I'll do your walk for you tonight. :) It's actually sunny here right now! I headed out this morning with my dogs and it rained on us about 1/4 mile out. At least it was cooler! DH wants to go for a family walk tonight so.

QOTD: For my healthy choices at WDW it's the in-room meals..a healthy breakfast or sandwich for lunch usually, some fruit for snacks.

Drive by post:

Crazy day today!! It was awards day at school.

DS13 got 2 bowling trophies and a physical fitness award - 8th grade and DS9 got 1 bowling trophy and physical fitness award - 4th grade!!

Tomorrow - Last day of school and graduation!!!!! I'm going to be a blubbering mess all day!!!!!

I'm feeling much better, although I get weak and tired quickly but I'm on the right track!

I've been dying for watermelon and that's all I've eaten the last 2 days. But man was it good! That and green and red grapes, yum!

Drive by post:

Crazy day today!! It was awards day at school.

DS13 got 2 bowling trophies and a physical fitness award - 8th grade and DS9 got 1 bowling trophy and physical fitness award - 4th grade!!

Tomorrow - Last day of school and graduation!!!!! I'm going to be a blubbering mess all day!!!!!

I'm feeling much better, although I get weak and tired quickly but I'm on the right track!

I've been dying for watermelon and that's all I've eaten the last 2 days. But man was it good! That and green and red grapes, yum!

Drive by post...love it! :rotfl2:

Congrats on your kiddo's achievements! That's great! I'm glad you're feeling better and enjoying your watermelon...your body must have needed something in it.

Get some sleep and wear waterproof mascara tomorrow. ;)

Good evening everyone!

Well, I was really good all day, well, apparently too good. I had a bad headache. We ordered pizza and I had 3 pieces of BBQ pizza and a piece of Hawaiian. I'll be walking in the morning.

I got a lot done today: mowed the lawn, went shopping, etc. Watching Hotel For Dogs with my parents and the girls. Still got a headache. DH just headed off to guynight. I'll probably head to bed early. DD2 has preschool graduation tomorrow. She has had a great year and was very sad this afternoon. She's going to wear her Easter dress so she'll look very sweet.

DD1 wants to watch Fantasia so I'll have to help her find it! My head is pounding so I'm going to get off the computer now. Hopefully I'll drop by again later!

Drive by post...love it! :rotfl2:

Congrats on your kiddo's achievements! That's great! I'm glad you're feeling better and enjoying your watermelon...your body must have needed something in it.

Get some sleep and wear waterproof mascara tomorrow. ;)

LOL I don't wear makeup so I'm good there. Just need to make sure I bring a whole box of tissues for the blubbering mom section!

I got a great comment today from one of the other moms too. Her DS was in a lot of trouble this year, like big HUGE trouble and he told his mom that through it all I never gave him a hard time or judged him on his mistakes. I almost lost it right there! He was a kid I didn't think I could reach, but I always acknowledged him and tried to draw him in.
I told his mom that it takes 30 seconds to do something that alters the course of your life but I wouldn't judge him on those 30 seconds. I judge him on the merits of how he's acted the last 8 years I've known him and he's always been respectful and kind to me and DS13. He's a good kid, he just got a little off course.

Stanley is adorable! lol. I think if I had gotten a pet after teh WIngs won, I may have vcome up with somethign similar. Glad you are still basking in teh vicotory! Ending on such a high makes it hard to go until October without houckey, doesn't it?

The hockey let down has me feeling the same way the day I came home from my last Disney vacation. I keep looking at pictures online so the feeling I have stays until October! :)

More pictures of Stan please. :dogdance: You had your son when you were 7? :scared1: My momma warned me about girls like you!:lmao:

I'm waiting for some healthy choices from your new WDW book. ;)

LOL!! My mom called me and reminded me that I by the time she was my age, she was a grandma to a 2 year old. I told her she shouldn't have had me when she was so young! :rotfl:

The book says to ask for fruit instead of fries... read all the menu's before you leave for your vacation... etc. It really is a good book. I need to read more of it.

I was seriously under on points yesterday (in too much pain to eat more than very light dinner and fell asleep without a snack or dessert). I think it has caught up with me --I've been voracious all day. DH sent me a text picture of his cheeseburger onion rings and soda at Hardee's. That about set me off (he doesn't normally do that). Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to go pop microwave popcorn and won't impose on anyone to do it for me. So, what did I do? I ate 1/2 a bag of frito's corn chips. UGH!! They were delicious but I know better.

I definitely was craving something salty. Since I'd eaten so few points today, it puts me right at my 50% mark, so I guess it's not too terrible. But I just have to resist eating the other half of the bag. And I will hold out on eating anything else except my "free" jello until I go home for dinner.

I think I can still eat Indian for dinner and it won't be too bad.

I LOVE Indian food! LOVE it!

I also enjoy my take on an mcmuffin. I buy soy sausage(80 calories each) , heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then I split is into 2 thin pieces and finish hheating it in a frying pan. I then use egg beaters or egg whites and cook that in the same pan. I put this on top of a 100 calorrie sandwich thins or a 100 calorie english muffin. This makes a great breakfast. for about 220 calories.

That's what we are having for dinner tonight! :)

Good evening everyone!

Well, I was really good all day, well, apparently too good. I had a bad headache. We ordered pizza and I had 3 pieces of BBQ pizza and a piece of Hawaiian. I'll be walking in the morning.

I got a lot done today: mowed the lawn, went shopping, etc. Watching Hotel For Dogs with my parents and the girls. Still got a headache. DH just headed off to guynight. I'll probably head to bed early. DD2 has preschool graduation tomorrow. She has had a great year and was very sad this afternoon. She's going to wear her Easter dress so she'll look very sweet.

DD1 wants to watch Fantasia so I'll have to help her find it! My head is pounding so I'm going to get off the computer now. Hopefully I'll drop by again later!

It must be headache night...I've got a doozie brewing on the right side.... probably my post-period headache coming in a few days late. I'm still sitting here on the computer loading some new music to my phone for my run tomorrow, but if my head still feels like this I might not make it.

LOL I don't wear makeup so I'm good there. Just need to make sure I bring a whole box of tissues for the blubbering mom section!

I got a great comment today from one of the other moms too. Her DS was in a lot of trouble this year, like big HUGE trouble and he told his mom that through it all I never gave him a hard time or judged him on his mistakes. I almost lost it right there! He was a kid I didn't think I could reach, but I always acknowledged him and tried to draw him in.
I told his mom that it takes 30 seconds to do something that alters the course of your life but I wouldn't judge him on those 30 seconds. I judge him on the merits of how he's acted the last 8 years I've known him and he's always been respectful and kind to me and DS13. He's a good kid, he just got a little off course.

You are a good person for being able to see past the current troubles and remember the good stuff from the past.

DD and I are heading out for a short walk in a minute. TTY all tomorrow.....P

Definitely do online check-in! It really speeds up your check in time and you get to use the online check-in line. It only takes 5 minutes.:goodvibes
I am really thinking about doing it, we are using DH's debit card, so it will have to wait until DH gets home. I think I have to do it from the DVC member website?

My body reacts to sodium terribly. I actually take prescription water pills on a daily basis because of it. I had actually contemplated not going just to avoid the food, but I had all ready backed out of 2 other things this week because of the same reason "The Food". I don't feel I am strong enough yet to say "NO". I will get there but right now goal is looking too good.

I would love to have some of those, especially this week! And congrats on figuring out your meal!

Taryn - Yeah! It sounds like you are back on track. I am using everything these past couple of days to help me get back on track as well and I am happy to report that I feel pretty good today as well. I will be working so hard to have a day where I make ALL healthy choices. I was happy to read that you were back down to where you started - that clippie will not be going anywhere (until you get an even better one). I bet if you really focus, you can have the loss you want. Think about your trip and all the good times there, keep busy with packing and exercising and drink water! You can do it!

Thanks. I guess I will ask Shannon for an excused weigh in next week, unless I can get to the scale at the CR Friday am. I am hoping that the week following my trip, I'll be able to take off any gains I have!

Do you think those pretzel bites would freeze? :confused3 Sounds like you are doing a good job dealing with them. I believe that you can use the DVC photopass discount code after you return -- we didn't have any good pictures so I skipped it last round.
They won't freeze. I finally made a deal w/ myself that I could have 1 serving (1/3 c.) as my snack for the day. Not keep getting in the bag. When I want more, I just remember the numbers going into spark, and I keep my hands out! Also, there is no more DVC discount - it's all just the same as the regular, they configured it to accept DVC ressies now. I love the family pictures, but the family got tired of stopping and posing every time. I am seriously considering skipping the CD this year, and just getting a couple prints of family pictures that I like.

You have no idea how much I needed to read this right now! My weigh ins are on tuesday and last night was flat out awful! I went out to dinner almost every night last week and then went to wenatchee and went hog wild literally! I gained.....7.8 lbs in one week. I hope like anything some of it's water but I honestly don't know.

I am kind of scared that will happen to me at WDW next week, and I am already anticipating it, so I do sort of share your pain! Glad to know you are mentally getting on track!

I am getting so discouraged. I'm not giving up though, I'm going to keep going until I see results but gosh, right now I just want to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and cry. I did yesterday and it helped. Then think about what you are doing, and how you could change it up. Take measurements, and see if they change, even if the scale doesn't

If you can stick to 1200 on a regular basis, then God bless you! I couldn't do it. When I did, I was starving and miserable all the time. I found that just sticking between 1200 and 1500 gave me enough wiggle room to eat good meals and a snack without starving. Some days I do only have 1200, and some days I have the full 1500, but most days are really in the 1300's. I hope you can find the right balance of daily calories to fit you the way you need.

Thanks for pointing this out. Some days I still feel hungry on 1200. Thanks for the reminder that I really do have a "range" to play with. Although, the weight loss from the decreased calories is typically my biggest motivator.

My eating was way off yesterday, ate breakfast and a little lunch, but no dinner, and I didn't do any exercise at all. Today is a new day!
Dahly

Glad you are feeling better now!

Crunching sound bad to me. A good rule of thumb is that if somethign hurts, take 3 days off, try again. If it still hurts, take a nother 3 days off. If it still hurts, see a doc. In your case, you coudl see what it does today. if it hurts at all, though, I would stop adn not take any risk of really hurting myself before vacation. JMO.

The strange thing? It did fine, but this evening my other knee hurts? :confused3 I think I'm going to have some aches and pains, just from injuries as a teen gymnast/cheerleader/lunatic :laughing:, so I usually just ignore. But vacation is well, important! Thanks for the advice!

Hello Losers!

Last night we adopted a dog from a shelter. His name is Stanley (Lord Stanley Byfuglien)... he is a dachshund/beagle mix... 1 year old and as sweet as can be. He is getting neutered today and we are picking him up tomorrow.

Today my oldest son turn 22. I can't believe I have a 22 year old. It is crazy. How can I have a 22 year old when I am only 29? :lmao:

He is adorable. :lovestruc Happy birthday to DS, and you could go on Oprah with the story of being a 7 year old mom! Or a less reputable show, anyway!

most places serve veggies or fruit instead of fries so we try to substiute, i normally feel better when eatting veggies vs grease, but it sure is good lol

That's a good thing to keep in mind, always ask for a veggie side.

So I went to Red Robin last night and read through their nutritional guide and was shocked! The BBQ Wrap was over 1100 calories, while the Crossaint Sandwich (with bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado) was just under 800 calories. I always ordered the wrap thinking it was a better choice than burgers, etc. Boy was I wrong!

I've started trying to look up nutrition info for places before we go. I WISH WDW LISTED THEIR's, but that would be the end of the DDP!

I was seriously under on points yesterday (in too much pain to eat more than very light dinner and fell asleep without a snack or dessert).

Sorry you were in pain!!! Hang in there!

There’s no way I could consistently do 1200 either. I started off that way too and I was so miserable, always starving hungry, lethargic, and headaches every day. It only took me a week or so to figure out that my body needs more than 1200 calories to function properly. I did some research on the numbers side of things and discovered that I could get away with eating more calories and still be on track to lose weight. I suggest “Winning by Losing” (Jillian Michaels book) and the online calculators like SparkPeople to get a basic range, but there are even more scientific/mathematical ways to get to your “ideal” calorie range, if you’re so inclined.
I need to pull those back out! I have been really sleepy in the afternoons for the last couple of weeks, which is unlike me. Up at 5, asleep at 11, and no problems. I wonder if increasing my mileage for my run, but hanging close to 1200, has added to that?? I googled some of those earlier in my journey, but need to look at them again.

At school, whenever they want to reward us -test scores, end of the year, stressful weeks, etc. they bring in food. Ice cream, cake, pizzas, chocolate, Teacher Appreciation week: Monday - biscuits and gravy breakfast. Tues- cup of candy. Wed-cup of chocolates Thurs- pizza and homemade desserts, Friday-ice cream and cake. I passed up each and every one of them, and I didnt' feel very appreciated! :lmao:

I managed to find fruit vendors in many places around the parks... and the fruit was amazingly good. Even if you think you might want something a bit more "fun", it isn't a bad idea to have a piece of fruit first to fill you up.

We didn't do any buffets this last trip, but when I have done them in the past, I try very hard to first take a full look at everything that is offered, so I can sort of make a game plan. Then I try to fill up with something low cal, like a salad or broth based soup. From there I take a small portion of just the things that look FABULOUS (like prime rib), and then taste them. If they are truly fabulous and worth the calories, I will eat my entire portion (and maybe even go back for more!), but if they aren't great, I leave them on my plate. I do the same with desserts. That way I have enjoyed some truly wonderful and memorable foods, but haven't wasted calories on stuff that is just okay.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Just throwing this out there.... I had a sneak peek at the scale this morning and if I can hold onto this number (or improve on it) until Friday, I will be one VERY HAPPY lady!! It is certainly making me motivated.

Go P!!!!!! And that is EXACTLY the plan I have created for buffets, which we do have a lot of. Who knew I was thinking of a pjilla plan?:thumbsup2 At our TS meals, there is something I am looking forward to at each meal, sometimes an app, sometimes an entree, and even a few desserts, even though they usually aren't my weakness. I am planning to taste the other things I order, or have a salad if it's not the app I want, and then eat the thing I really want only until I am satisfied!

It doesn't seem to matter if I really like it or if it's just okay. I mean I don't eat things that I genuinely dislike, but seriously - if it's just *meh* then go get something that's actually worth it! Big fat DUH moment for me there. Thanks, P! :thumbsup2

Connie, my motto on this journey has been "Is it worth the calories?" My friends have heard it so much, they know that I will make them try stuff and tell me if it's worth the calories if they have their food first, and that's the strategy I take with each bite that goes in my mouth. If it's not worth the calories, then it doesn't go in. Unfortunately, some foods seem REALLY worth the calories at the moment!

Hello. Thanks for all who shared what you wear at races and for all the well wishes. I'm just spending a little time dis-ing while I wait for time to go to the park for my race. We're going to head down a little early and meet my sister at the but a Dole whip is pretty low calorie, and fat free, I believe, and almost as good as a mickey bar.

That's good to know. I never got one last year, and really want to try it this year! Good luck on your race!

I also enjoy my take on an mcmuffin. I buy soy sausage(80 calories each) , heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then I split is into 2 thin pieces and finish hheating it in a frying pan. I then use egg beaters or egg whites and cook that in the same pan. I put this on top of a 100 calorrie sandwich thins or a 100 calorie english muffin. This makes a great breakfast. for about 220 calories.

That sounds like a great breakfast!!!!! And hope your DH feels better soon, and enjoy all the running! Sounds like some great things planned!

1 of my work friends told me that breakfast should be the highest calorie meal of the day and then we should go lower after that. makes it easier to burn it off. Love the theory, but doubt I'll ever practice it.

Actually, I feel better if I make lunch my biggest meal, rather than dinner, with better results on the scale. It rarely happens though!

I decided I want to start collecting some Fiestaware and DH told me to go pick out six place settings and that would be my b.day present from him! For those of you who eat cold cereal for breakfast (or for anyone, of course), have you ever tried almond milk?

I had a GREAT trip to the Goodwill today (two hours while I was waiting for a new windshield for my car)..... that said, I think I am suffering from some body distortion issues. EVERY SINGLE pair of pants, except for one, that I tried on, was TOO BIG!

My MIL collects Fiestaware, some of the colors are totally cool!!! Next, does almond milk have any calcium? May be a STUPID question, but I have to make sure I get bunches to keep my leg bones fused and strong! AND! I had a great trip to Goodwill today, too, that was similar! Will share below!

Congrats to DS and their momma, and good luck tomorrow! I've been downing some watermelon last week, it was very yummy!!!

Well, I did a bit of shopping myself today. Got some new running shorts and a tank on sale, tried on a bunch of stuff, but didn't like something about ALL of it. My Goodwill trip was successful - I was looking for skorts and sleeveless tops. I found one skort, and a Mickey tank with the tags still on! Got DD a $50 leotard that they had hanging with the swimsuits :laughing:, a skort, and an AE shirt, and DD2 2 Gap dresses and gymboree dress. I might start going there more often, especially since I basically need a new wardrobe!

Dh brought home Chinese for dinner :scared1: I ate 3 steamed dumplings, a bit of wonton soup with 1 wonton, and 2 TB of fried rice. Still more sodium than I need right now, but I still stayed around 1200 calories, so I am pleased. I fought the urge, hard fight, to grab a Chick Fil A sandwich while I was out, then an iced coffee, so I was pleased that I could say no, and after dinner, really glad I did!

I literally started this post over an hour and half ago, so I'm going to submit and then catch up some more!
Taryn

Tracey and Pamela - feel better! Sending PPD for those headaches to leave quickly!

the course of your life but I wouldn't judge him on those 30 seconds. I judge him on the merits of how he's acted the last 8 years I've known him and he's always been respectful and kind to me and DS13. He's a good kid, he just got a little off course.

Good for you!!! I hope he's pulling it back together!

Miles to go before I sleep! IT's crunch time!!!!! :banana:

Thanks, Maria, I needed this tonight. I picked up my race packet!!!! Came with a hot pink t-shirt and I thought of you JenAnderson and your pink toenails and fingernails for your race. Do people wear the t-shirt for races they're doing, or is it usually a souvenir? I read online that if your superstitious, it shouldn't be worn til after the race. What do you think?

I'm a nervous, but excited. I know I can do it, and it's all women, so that will be fun, and I'll feel more comfortable. Supposed to be cooler tomorrow with a chance of showers, but that's better than hot and humid.

Hope you're all having a nice evening.

good luck kathy! I never realized wearing the shirt was bad luck. some races I wore the shirt and others I didnt. More so it depended on what the shirt looked like and how it fit. I think either way you are fine. I cant wait to hear how you did and Im sure you are going to be ready to sign up for your next one right away. They become addicting!

Pamela--
The run is over. It was brutal. It's thunderstorming now. We went at 7:00pm and it was still 92.:scared1: We went out too fast (we really need to work on that) and I had to walk for a bit at around mile 3. Was able to run again and finished the 4 miles with a time of 46:33. Went 6 total with the warm up and cool down walk included. I am incredibly stiff and sore, some leftover from strength yesterday. Mike said I was running a bit hunched up. The heat just really zaps the life out of you. Anyhow, it's over. I'm glad I went.:goodvibes

Kind of going along with the discussions that were going on today, I found myself thinking--if I walk I'll never run again, I won't be able to do the long run again, etc. It was quite the eye openeer. I was "catastrophizing" (I don't think this is a word, but use it to describe that type of thinking) the situation and making everything all or nothing and worst case scenario. Same thing I do sometimes with weight. Anyhow, I learned two things: 1. walking a little bit really is ok, and sometimes if you walk you are then able to finish with a strong run and 2. one hard day is just one hard day. Period. That's all it is. Nothing more. Oh, and by the end of the run, we realized that almost all the runners were stopping to walk some today. It was just miserable.

I had the same problem with walking/running. I felt like if I walked a little I wasnt being a true "runner". I know just try to take a few seconds to walk when I really feel sluggish and then I pick right up where I left off in my run. It definitely helps to allow yourself to run further, I find Im not totally drained by the end. Running in this heat is hard.....I find myself hunching over a little too. I actually realized I was doing it because my lower back was getting tight and sore.

1 good thing i can say is that i did a little bit searching and I think i'm gonna pick a Marathoning For Mortals and use that as my training program. Friend of mine sent me info on a 10k that takes place Oct. 30th. Looks like fun, still trying to decide whether to actually sign up for it:rotfl:

I am using MFM too the plans look really good. A 10K sounds great. I have not been able to find one in our area so for now its just 5K's and in the fall I have come across some 5 milers.

And we booked our vacation this week. We are heading to Gettysburg for a few days in the first week of Oct. staying at KOA Kabin. This will be a first for me.QUOTE]

Years ago a friend of mine and I took a cross country driving trip and we stayed in KOA Kabins along the way. We did not stop in gettysburg but they all were very nice. You should really have a great time.

update on me. frustrated with head cold, and splurged on a piece of cheesecake tonight, but it fits into my plan for the week. I was down another pound for last week's weigh in, and I am hoping for a 3rd loss in a row this week. Haven't had any desire for junk food which is great (except for my coke zero which tastes so good with a sore throat).

Im sorry you are still not feeling well. I hope you are better soon. Thanks for getting the numbers done why you still werent feeling up to par!!!:lovestruc

Good morning, friends! Congrats to all the losers.

I did it! I held off weighing myself until this morning and it was a good experience! I am back to what I was on Friday! I'm thrilled since I was WAY UP after the weekend! I really focused on my eating more than the exercise and it helped and I didn't feel as stressed! I'm going to continue what I'm doing for the rest of the week. I will probably walk some more later today if it doesn't rain. I will also be mowing the lawn so as long as I watch my calories and drink my water I will be good. DH and I had some hummus and pita bread last night and that didn't hurt me.

I also went ALL DAY yesterday without my M&Ms! Every time I went to grab a handful I got distracted! I, of course, know that doesn't mean I can have 2 handfuls today!

I'm hoping I can jump start my weight loss with some WATP later if I can't go out walking. Mom and I are going to pick some strawberries this morning for our smoothies. Clean them and freeze them. Gotta stock up on my Greek yogurt too!

Time to wake up DD1 for school. Only 3 days left of 4th grade!

Good job at getting back on track....good luck for the rest of the week!
You can do it:thumbsup2

:banana::yay::woohoo: After my run, I am now officially back to Friday's weight!!!!! I get to keep my clippie for one more week! That is wonderful for my ego! ;) Maybe I should just say mental health! I have 2 days to make GREAT choices, and end up with a loss for the week! I would :lovestruc to really knock these two out, to give myself a little wiggle room before leaving.

Great job on getting back down! :banana: for keeping the clippie. You are doing great....keep up the good work.

4 lbs to go until I am no longer in the overweight BMI!!!! :dance3: Back to my goal weight/what is possible ramblings: When I started in January, I said I wanted to be at 175 by WDW. I'll be at least 163!

Wow you are so close! Getting out of that category will make you feel so good. You really blew your goal out of the water. Way to go:woohoo:

I am getting so discouraged. :sad1: I am one of those that can usually lose 7lbs the first week of changing my eating habits. This just isn't happening this time around. (thank you hysterectomy for making my body not function like it used to do!) :sad1: I just feel like it's never going to happen no matter how hard I try!

I'm not giving up though, I'm going to keep going until I see results but gosh, right now I just want to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there. Keep doing what your doing and you will see the results. Dont get discouraged....YOU can do it.:goodvibes

QOTD:
So I went to Red Robin last night and read through their nutritional guide and was shocked! The BBQ Wrap was over 1100 calories, while the Crossaint Sandwich (with bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado) was just under 800 calories. I always ordered the wrap thinking it was a better choice than burgers, etc. Boy was I wrong!

Too bad I read that after I ordered! :scared1:
I just decided to eat only half of it and didn't feel too badly about myslef, plus I subbed out fries for a salad with light ranch and only had one mozzerella stick when my DBF ordered it as an appie! All in all I think I did pretty well, compared to how I normally eat when I dine out! :)

Red Robin has always been my favorite place to eat. Awhile ago when I was doing WW I went there and figured I would get the grilled chicken breast sandwich, hold the guacomole and mayo. I also ate the fries since they only give you like 8-10 I thought how much could that be in points. I went home and looked up the nutritional info and I cant remember of exactly how many calories/fat it was but it was almost a days worth of calories and fat. My dh asked to go there on saturday night and I was like no way not even going to tempt myself.

Good evening everyone!

I have a horrible headache too:headache: Oh preschool graduation I bet that will be so cute. I was sad that my sons prek did not have a graduation for them. He starts kindergarten in the fall. I really thought they would have done something....I was disappointed but I guess it saved me some tears....well alot of tears that I would have shed.

QOTD- I never paid attention to what was healthy at WDW I just eat what sounds good. Maybe this time I will look for more healthy options but I am enjoying reading what you all have found.

This week has been pretty good overall. I am feeling very exhausted today and I actually slept through my alarm this morning and was 1/2 hour late to a 630am meeting.:scared1: I was so embarressed. Hopefully that never happens again but I guess it tells me I should get to be alot earlier tonight. I have one more day of work and then Im off for a long weekend. :yay:

Thanks, everyone. Headache is gone. I definitely needed food.

This is the first time this teacher has done a graduation. This was a really great class and they are all so sweet. We went to the park with a few of them this afternoon. If I can figure out how to do it, I will post some photos!

Heading off to bed soon to do some reading and falling asleep. DH will be home around 10:30ish from guynight. Everyone is in bed but me. Catching up on one of my soaps Y&R that I can speed through boring parts!

Time to sign off until tomorrow. Going to walk with my mom in the morning so I need to get a good night's sleep.

Hello Losers!

Last night we adopted a dog from a shelter. His name is Stanley (Lord Stanley Byfuglien)... he is a dachshund/beagle mix... 1 year old and as sweet as can be. He is getting neutered today and we are picking him up tomorrow.

stanley1.jpg

Congrats to all the losers and a big congrats to Shanan who got the number 1 spot and Jennzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz who is number 2! You ladies are AWESOME! Congrats everyone!

I am getting ready to go for a run and then the kids and I are going to run out to get some stuff for Stanley.... and a I have a ton of laundry to do.

Today my oldest son turn 22. I can't believe I have a 22 year old. It is crazy. How can I have a 22 year old when I am only 29? :lmao:

Some of us are heading to WDW and DL soon and would love to make healthy choices. What is one (or more) healthy snack, meal, etc. you have found at a Disney park?

Hmmmmm.... I don't know. LOL

OMG--I have a red dachshund/ jack russell mix that we adopted from the shelter who looks very similar. Congratulations! We also have a 13 yo mini doxie. Dachshunds choose really special families to love.:goodvibes

And I'm with you on the not believing you have a child that age. I got carded last week, so I can't possible have an almost 19 y.o.:thumbsup2

I did it!!! I ran my first 5K!!!!!!
It was really so amazing. A friend of mine did it too, and we met a few other women we knew, so when we got to the park it was nice to chat with them. My sister came with her two kids and watched Michael for me. This was a womans run for a scholarship fund for this woman Louise Rossetti who's daughter was brutally killed in 1981 at the age of 26. Louise started running to deal with her loss, so on the way up to the starting line, I met her and said hello, and then I started to cry (for the first time). Of note, I am a cry-er. The death of my mom is a year ago the 26th, and I've really tried to focus on the running to help keep me from turning to food, so I got it together, and we laughed because my sister and friend are also cry-ers, and Karen my friend said, oh, you must be irish.

We went to the back of the starting line, and the race began, and we ran by Michael and gang, and I was going a little faster than I should, and getting very short of breath, so I slowed down, and walked for a bit, and thought, what was I thinking to even attempt this, but I plugged away, walking and jogging, and when I hit one mile there was a man there telling us our times, and I was at 13.30 seconds, which is faster than I usually go, so that really pumped me up to keep at it, and mile 2 I was at 28 something. My goal was to finish, but I really wanted to finish below 45 minutes since I usually average 15-16 minutes per mile, so when I had one mile left and it was only 28 min gone, I was so excited, and thought I was going to make it in less than 45.

The last 100 yards or so, is down the driveway of the park and to the finish line, and I could hear everyone cheering, and I started to get teary again before I even got down there, but I kept it together, and ran the rest through the crowd, and saw Michael and the others who had finished, but once I went past them, I saw 43 min on the time clock, and was psyched. I went through and got some water, and composed myself, and went caught up with them. My time was 43:19 with a pace of 13.57 min/miles. I came in 357th out of probably 367 runners, but I don't care. I finished what I set out to do, did better than I thought I could, and am so proud of myself. I went faster than I have ever gone. I set my first PR, and am so excited.

Now, that feeling in the first mile of "what was I thinking?" is now completely gone and replaced with, "when can I do another race?"

I guess I rambled, but want to thank all of you here for all the support, encouragement, and inspiration you have given me. :hug:

Well, I am back from a new potential client for photographing their daughters Bar Mitzvah in November. This will help pay for half of our new puppy that is coming in early September. I am so excited! I can't wait to get back to the love of walking again. I have to say that doing push-ups every night/weights and watching my calorie intake has been doing the trick, even though I haven't been power walking like I use to. Lots of garden and yard work as well. I hope everyone is having a good day, and wakes with to a fantastic tomorrow!

It was really so amazing. A friend of mine did it too, and we met a few other women we knew, so when we got to the park it was nice to chat with them. My sister came with her two kids and watched Michael for me. This was a womans run for a scholarship fund for this woman Louise Rossetti who's daughter was brutally killed in 1981 at the age of 26. Louise started running to deal with her loss, so on the way up to the starting line, I met her and said hello, and then I started to cry (for the first time). Of note, I am a cry-er. The death of my mom is a year ago the 26th, and I've really tried to focus on the running to help keep me from turning to food, so I got it together, and we laughed because my sister and friend are also cry-ers, and Karen my friend said, oh, you must be irish.

We went to the back of the starting line, and the race began, and we ran by Michael and gang, and I was going a little faster than I should, and getting very short of breath, so I slowed down, and walked for a bit, and thought, what was I thinking to even attempt this, but I plugged away, walking and jogging, and when I hit one mile there was a man there telling us our times, and I was at 13.30 seconds, which is faster than I usually go, so that really pumped me up to keep at it, and mile 2 I was at 28 something. My goal was to finish, but I really wanted to finish below 45 minutes since I usually average 15-16 minutes per mile, so when I had one mile left and it was only 28 min gone, I was so excited, and thought I was going to make it in less than 45.

The last 100 yards or so, is down the driveway of the park and to the finish line, and I could hear everyone cheering, and I started to get teary again before I even got down there, but I kept it together, and ran the rest through the crowd, and saw Michael and the others who had finished, but once I went past them, I saw 43 min on the time clock, and was psyched. I went through and got some water, and composed myself, and went caught up with them. My time was 43:19 with a pace of 13.57 min/miles. I came in 357th out of probably 367 runners, but I don't care. I finished what I set out to do, did better than I thought I could, and am so proud of myself. I went faster than I have ever gone. I set my first PR, and am so excited.

Now, that feeling in the first mile of "what was I thinking?" is now completely gone and replaced with, "when can I do another race?"

I guess I rambled, but want to thank all of you here for all the support, encouragement, and inspiration you have given me. :hug:

OMG! :yay::yay::yay: Congratulations, Kathy! This is just flat-out fantastic!! Way to go, lady!

:woohoo:I am so proud of you!!!! You are amazing and I knew you could do it all along! :woohoo:

As I read about it, I just felt so happy for you. Be sure you write all this down someplace so you can always remember how great it was.

I have started to do a few things that will help me remember these great moments in my life...here are things I do that you might want to think about....

1. I write down everything I can remember about the race.
2. I put all my photos together (be sure to get one with your race shirt and/or medal).
3. Take after pictures - close up of just the shirt, close up of just the medal, close up of your bib.
4. Keep your bib.
5. Print outs of official times and other things about the race that I have on paper.

I am then putting everything together in a memory book.

WAY TO GO!!!!
:woohoo:

update on me. frustrated with head cold, and splurged on a piece of cheesecake tonight, but it fits into my plan for the week. I was down another pound for last week's weigh in, and I am hoping for a 3rd loss in a row this week. Haven't had any desire for junk food which is great (except for my coke zero which tastes so good with a sore throat).

Exercise has been abandoned until I can breathe easier, but I'll jump back into the C25K at week 2 and see what happens. By next week, the cottonwood should be done shedding pollen, which will be excellent. Its been horrible for a week now, with white fluff everywhere, I'd rather see snow that pollen!

Promised my girls we'd go swimming one night next week.
and now I'm off to a solid nights sleep.:goodvibes

Hope you are 100% soon!

I feel like a new woman today. Weight was down, (still not to last Friday's, but close enough that I think I'll be able to pull at least a maintain out of this miserable week, which is exciting!) I seem to have a better hold on my emotions, and I actually feel ready to tackle this day.

I should have clarified w/ my knee that it felt achy at that moment, but it hadn't been bothering me up to that point since my run. I wonder if it was all the trips I made up and down the steps yesterday. It's not hurting at all this am, so I am at least going to the track to run. I might walk the hills, especially downhills, and at the first twinge I am going to stop running. Instead of my planned 4M, only going for 3.

I'll probably check back in afterwards, but here is the rundown of my day, for my mental health:

Already had a banana, will eat some lowfat yogurt and raspberries when I get back. Pay a few bills when I get back, then we have to be out the door by 8:30 for gymnastics. Make sure I have our lunches/snacks packed. (kashi bar and apple) Dropping DD2 off at MIL on way, drop DD1 off at the gym, and shop from 9:30-11, looking for shorts, tops, skorts, sundresses, just a few SOMETHINGS that I like to take. I really want some skorts, but our options for shopping are so limited. Might hit up Goodwill, too. 11-1 - back at the gym to work on stuff for class.

Pick up dd2, get in the pool if the heavy rain and storms aren't here yet. Home by 5 at the latest. Dinner, (um.... dunno yet. Grilled chicken or salmon, new potatoes, probably) clean out dog crate, laundry, finalize all the docs for planning I made and transfer to ipod, finish charging electronics, and I will not go to bed until my class work is complete and ready to hand in Friday.
WHEW! Gotta run - literally.

Glad you are feeling better! You have a great plan for the day! :goodvibes

Good morning, friends! Congrats to all the losers.

I did it! I held off weighing myself until this morning and it was a good experience! I am back to what I was on Friday! I'm thrilled since I was WAY UP after the weekend! I really focused on my eating more than the exercise and it helped and I didn't feel as stressed! I'm going to continue what I'm doing for the rest of the week. I will probably walk some more later today if it doesn't rain. I will also be mowing the lawn so as long as I watch my calories and drink my water I will be good. DH and I had some hummus and pita bread last night and that didn't hurt me.

I also went ALL DAY yesterday without my M&Ms! Every time I went to grab a handful I got distracted! I, of course, know that doesn't mean I can have 2 handfuls today!

I'm hoping I can jump start my weight loss with some WATP later if I can't go out walking. Mom and I are going to pick some strawberries this morning for our smoothies. Clean them and freeze them. Gotta stock up on my Greek yogurt too!

Time to wake up DD1 for school. Only 3 days left of 4th grade!

:thumbsup2
Congratulations to everyone who is working hard this summer -- lose, maintain or gain -- we can all move forward in this new week!

Maria :upsidedow

Definitely!

I hit the snooze a few too many times this morning (not like me at all) and finally decided to shorten my run so I could fit it in AFTER DS leaves on the bus. It felt SO GOOD to snuggle back under the covers after I made that decision! I'll be doing plenty of moving and walking and lifting and such during the day, so shortening my run by 15 minutes hopefully won't be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

I couldn’t get up this morning either. I didn’t get as much exercise in as I had hoped as well. But, just like you, I’m good with my decision!

So, I'm wondering what everyone eats for breakfast??? I try not to eat more than 1200 calories. I have been eating 1/2oatmeal with 1Tflax seed and skim milk...it still is around 300 calories (1/4 of what i get)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused3 It doesn't feel worth the trade off.
Anyone got some filling, low cal ideas:confused3:confused3

Sorry, I can't be of much help. I eat the same breakfast almost everyday and it is at least 300 calories.

:banana::yay::woohoo: After my run, I am now officially back to Friday's weight!!!!! I get to keep my clippie for one more week! That is wonderful for my ego! ;) Maybe I should just say mental health! I have 2 days to make GREAT choices, and end up with a loss for the week! I would :lovestruc to really knock these two out, to give myself a little wiggle room before leaving.

4 lbs to go until I am no longer in the overweight BMI!!!! :dance3: Back to my goal weight/what is possible ramblings: When I started in January, I said I wanted to be at 175 by WDW. I'll be at least 163!

:woohoo: You rock!

I have gotten SO BAD about writing down my food :sad2: That is my goal today.

Good luck with your journaling! I find it so helpful! :goodvibes

Good morning! Congrats to all the losers!

I'm off to work in a bit, then going to do group strength after work. We are having leftover veggie lasagna for dinner. I love leftovers. So easy. We froze half the lasagna for another time when I don't feel like cooking from scratch. I feel like I am slowly but surely getting back on track with the cooking at home.

Have a great day everyone!

Rose, are you willing to post your veggie lasagna recipe? TIA!

I forgot to add my QOTD: umm.... water? That's about all I can think of other than salads and fruits. I am pretty sure :mickeybar isn't on the list. Can't wait for ideas, though!

Have a great day!
Taryn

Me too!

QOTD: One of my favorite snacks at WDW is the apple slices with the caramel. You have the healthiness of the apple with a little sweet on the side. It's not the best choice but its also not the worst.

That snack sound great! Just like you said, something healthy with a bit of sweet!

Some of us are heading to WDW and DL soon and would love to make healthy choices. What is one (or more) healthy snack, meal, etc. you have found at a Disney park?

I don't know if I really ate "healthy" while I was at WDW this spring but here are some of the things I did do to watch my weight while I was there:
1. Eat the kids size meals. For breakfast, I would get the kids scrambled eggs.
2. Split the adult meals. DH and I would get the burger at the CS restaurant and then split it. We really loved Cosmic Ray's and Liberty Inn. When we went there, we would order an extra bun with our burger (it had 2 patties), throw away all the fries and then get enough lettuce at the toppings bar to have a salad with our burger. At Pizza Planet, we got one adult meal and one extra salad. That way we both could have 1/2 the pizza and a good salad for our meal.
3. We ALWAYS asked for a LARGE cup of water. It was rare that we did not have a cup of water in our hands as we were walking around. Some places would try to give us little cups for a glass of water but I always just asked politely for the large size.
4. Eat the Mickey bar if you want it. We did not want to feel like we missed out while we were there. We just decided if we were going to eat it, we were going to help work it off. This meant that we walked around the loop of whatever park it was one time briskly without riding anything. We kind of enjoyed our walk and taking in the sites.

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Honestly the food at DL isn't as good as it is at WDW and there are way fewer choices. I will do what I did at WDW which was be aware of what I am eating not be afraid to leave food on my plate. I have a mentality going on right now that I've waited 50 years for this DL trip so I will probably have a tendency to splurge more. ;) What really does me in on any trip is the water retention from flying and the extra calories for alcohol. I just make sure I am right back OP when I return and that takes care of any extra pounds I manage to pick up.

I actually think that flying is the worst part for me too. I tend to hungry when I sit for long periods of time like that and eat more than I should, especially since I’m just sitting. Good point!

Wednesday QOTD: Some of us are heading to WDW and DL soon and would love to make healthy choices. What is one (or more) healthy snack, meal, etc. you have found at a Disney park?

I have found sugar free or no sugar added strawberry bars at some of the ice cream carts and really enjoy that. Unfortunately, I really LOVE the popcorn, so when I get it I make sure my family is willing to share.

Good to know! I'll be on the lookout for those the next time I am there!

Well, I need to go to bed. I will respond more in the morning. I did not have a good day with regards to food. I did get in 30 minutes of exercise, 2 veggies, and 7-8 glasses of water. My plan for tomorrow is to wake up when the alarm goes off and get in some exercise for at least 40 minutes. Then, if all goes as planned I'll be in the shower and have almost 1 hour to Dis.

Here is tomorrow's QOTD:

In last week's episode of Losing It with Jillian, Jillian mentioned that exercise can be fun and family time. How do you get in exercise that meets either or both?

I like to take a walk with my mom and talk about the day and upcoming plans.

Just read back over everything I said I was going to do today that never happened! DD2 was ILL and required a lot of attention, my brother and SIL came by, class stuff took longer than I thought... You name it! Actually posting from my iPod touch in the bed! Gonna get up early and get it done!!! Time is running out! But I couldn't sleep wondering how Kathy's race went!!

You rocked it girl!!!:cheer2: So very proud of you!!!! And I love that you are thinking about another one!

Now I can sleep!
Taryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter