• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
QOTD for Tuesday, June 15: Share your idea of the perfect way to end a day at WDW or DL.

What we like to do at the end of the day at one of the parks is to find an out-of-the way place while the massive crowd is trying to leave, and either sit and people watch or do something we wouldn't normally do, like go into a shop or buliding. Then treat ourselves to a cab instead of waiting in line for the buses.

Ugh. Just ugh.

Dusting turned into not only dusting, but polishing all the wood with Murphy's Oil Soap, clutter reduction, and sweeping around my back room, dog crate, laundry area. Glad it's done, though.

Then, DH got home late, so late dinner. DD wanted to play "name this Disney world thing" so everyone was telling first letter, and ride, place, etc,: It was fun! Pixie dust is flying! Can't wait for the MK view at BLT!

He was being soooo sweet,:rolleyes: and found a favorite treat of mine that we haven't been able to find in a few years, buffalo wing pretzel bites. Thanks hon. I think I ate 2 cups of it! :scared1: I just kept eating. I have been craving salt today for some odd reason. PMS? Body knows it's going to sweat a lot next week so it's trying to hold onto water?

So anyway, I just literally drank 50 ounces of water in about 1 minute, added some benefiber, and I am calling it a night! Going to take some Midol tomorrow, since I am not leaving the house. I am so mad at myself. Don't know, again, if my overeating is a subconscious "I'm killing my plan next week, what difference does this week make?" or just pms, or just busy, but it feels like a miserable downward spiral. Very depressed.

Packing tomorrow, and more cleaning. I'll probably jump on a lot, just for motivation!

:rotfl2: Wait a minute, wasn't it Connie that couldn't back away from the peanut butter last weekend? Connie- don't get that kind of ant trap!

O. M. G. I can't believe you said that! :rotfl2:

QOTD for Tuesday, June 15: Share your idea of the perfect way to end a day at WDW or DL.

Well, on our first visit back in 96, DH and I wrapped up most days at Pleasure Island and loved the Comedy Warehouse. :rotfl: But, that was before they jacked it all up and closed it down.:sad2:

Any of the three nighttime spectaculars will do just fine. :thumbsup2 I love them all. But, I remember one evening on our last trip that we called an early night and headed back to POFQ. We were just taking it easy and heard some distant booming, so we walked out to the balcony and watched fireworks over the trees. That was a nice surprising way to end the day. pixiedust:

One of my favorite way to end the day is to be on a boat and watch the fireworks. I am not talking about the expensive boats. We have seen the fireworks from the ferry. We also saw them from the boat from FW to MK. If you are really lucky you could also see the water pagent that way.

Oooopppps! I meant to say that I am holding off until Wednesday to weigh myself. I need at least 2 days to figure out what I can do to have a loss for the week! I've been typing the wrong day constantly the past few days. Probably due to the craziness of this week! I want this week over already!!!!!

My suggestion is WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does the trick for me.

I was out today (limping around, due to stupid foot!) and a friend I hadn't seen in 7 weeks thought I looked like I had lost 10 pounds!1 ......i hadn't but at least what I've lost was noticeable :love:
IT"S ABOUT TIME!:rotfl2:

That's awesome!

I was so exhausted last night I didn't answer my own QOTD. I'll do that now. I would love to watch the fireworks at MK and then have 3 hours of EMH.

I guess this was just my sign to focus again. I did a 4 mile run tonight in 48:30. I feel so much better.

:thumbsup2 Way to take charge!

QOTD-tuesday- We finished our last trip with MNSSHP and stayed until close. We rode IASW as our last ride and the night there was just magical and one of the best moments of our trip. I think we will finish every trip with a day long visit until closing of MK from now on.

That does sound magical!

Actually, it is Thursday. Wasn't it nice of Disney/Pixar to open a movie for me so that we would have a fun way to celebrate!?

:rotfl: Happy Birthday a little early!

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for the concern about my family emergency. We are all well and good and things will go back to normal soon. I did splurge on a slice of ham and pineapple pizza for dinner tonight (but just one... it was very big) and worth every one of the TEN points it cost me! But it was a conscious decision, not a stress-related reflex.

:thumbsup2

Exciting day planned for tomorrow.... 5 mile run, trip to the dump, picking up prescriptions, and the usual cooking, cleaning, laundry, and kid taxi-ing. Bet you're jealous! :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Enjoy your day!

See you all tomorrow. I'll catch up on the QOTD tomorrow...........P

What we like to do at the end of the day at one of the parks is to find an out-of-the way place while the massive crowd is trying to leave, and either sit and people watch or do something we wouldn't normally do, like go into a shop or buliding. Then treat ourselves to a cab instead of waiting in line for the buses.

What a great way to end the day! Splurges definitely do not need to be food related.

Ugh. Just ugh.

Dusting turned into not only dusting, but polishing all the wood with Murphy's Oil Soap, clutter reduction, and sweeping around my back room, dog crate, laundry area. Glad it's done, though.

Then, DH got home late, so late dinner. DD wanted to play "name this Disney world thing" so everyone was telling first letter, and ride, place, etc,: It was fun! Pixie dust is flying! Can't wait for the MK view at BLT!

He was being soooo sweet,:rolleyes: and found a favorite treat of mine that we haven't been able to find in a few years, buffalo wing pretzel bites. Thanks hon. I think I ate 2 cups of it! :scared1: I just kept eating. I have been craving salt today for some odd reason. PMS? Body knows it's going to sweat a lot next week so it's trying to hold onto water?

So anyway, I just literally drank 50 ounces of water in about 1 minute, added some benefiber, and I am calling it a night! Going to take some Midol tomorrow, since I am not leaving the house. I am so mad at myself. Don't know, again, if my overeating is a subconscious "I'm killing my plan next week, what difference does this week make?" or just pms, or just busy, but it feels like a miserable downward spiral. Very depressed.

Packing tomorrow, and more cleaning. I'll probably jump on a lot, just for motivation!

Have a great day! Water, water, water! I have no idea what buffalo wing pretzel bites are but I'm guessing they are addicting. Got to love our housemates, whoever they are. I literally just finished a conversation with my father about how horrible whole wheat bread is. :rotfl:

Any of the three nighttime spectaculars will do just fine. :thumbsup2 I love them all. But, I remember one evening on our last trip that we called an early night and headed back to POFQ. We were just taking it easy and heard some distant booming, so we walked out to the balcony and watched fireworks over the trees. That was a nice surprising way to end the day. pixiedust:

Wow! Another reason to consider staying there. My father really wants to do something other than value, but we are commando people, so any bed will do for my sister, my mom, and I. Heck, I think we've fallen asleep on the hotel floor once or twice.

One of my favorite way to end the day is to be on a boat and watch the fireworks. I am not talking about the expensive boats. We have seen the fireworks from the ferry. We also saw them from the boat from FW to MK. If you are really lucky you could also see the water pagent that way.

That's awesome! I've heard you can time things well and get to do that. Sounds wonderful! Of course, also perfect for those multi-tasking, commando people like myself!

Good Morning,

I had hoped to sleep in this morning, but I woke up just after 4. I tried to fall back to sleep, but to no avail. I'm all caught up responding (can you tell where my priorities are...?) so I'll go downstairs and exercise now. Grabbing my water.

Back later,

CC

We were on the boat from Ohana to MK when the fireworks were going off, and we've done a Wishes cruise. They were both magical! ITA!

Good Morning,

I had hoped to sleep in this morning, but I woke up just after 4. I tried to fall back to sleep, but to no avail. I'm all caught up responding (can you tell where my priorities are...?) so I'll go downstairs and exercise now. Grabbing my water.

I'm turning in to my mother. I used to think she was crazy to get up so early, now I totally understand why.

Connie - please don't take the peanut butter thing personally. Sometimes I get caught up in teasing, I get it from my Daddy, and I take it a little too far. A big personality flaw, and I'm sorry.

Tuesday's QOTD: Snuggling with my girls, with the castle in sight, fireworks overhead, leaned against DH, with tears in my eyes. *sigh*

I am really, really, really down. As in, I don't even feel like posting or reading this thread b/c I have been so out of touch with my will power. It feels like I've taken such huge steps backwards, I can't go forwards again. I feel like a water balloon, my face has broken out, and I feel like I've gained back all 55 pounds. I have been SO disciplined over the last 5 months, but the last 3 days, I just feel out of control. I am worried the old me is coming back.
Taryn

QOTD: I love ending the day by walking around the World Showcase enjoying the atmosphere and lights!

Back from my walk but with my mom this time. No swans. Kids are up and dressed and eating breakfast. Need to make DD1s lunch now.

I will try to get back on tonight after work. Went to bed and was asleep around 9:30 last night. Felt good!

Gotta run now!

I am really, really, really down. As in, I don't even feel like posting or reading this thread b/c I have been so out of touch with my will power. It feels like I've taken such huge steps backwards, I can't go forwards again. I feel like a water balloon, my face has broken out, and I feel like I've gained back all 55 pounds. I have been SO disciplined over the last 5 months, but the last 3 days, I just feel out of control. I am worried the old me is coming back.
Taryn

Taryn hang in there its not over you can get back on it. I was feeling the same way the past week and yesterday I finally snapped out of it. You have done so good dont give up. You can do it.:lovestruc

QOTD: I love ending the day by walking around the World Showcase enjoying the atmosphere and lights!

This is how we are going to end our trip this year since its just me my mom and my aunt doing a girls trip for the princess. I love WS at epcot and with our last trip having 2 little ones I did not get to fully enjoy just relaxing and browsing in all the countries. I think its one of the things I am looking forward to most this time around.

Oooopppps! I meant to say that I am holding off until Wednesday to weigh myself. I need at least 2 days to figure out what I can do to have a loss for the week! I've been typing the wrong day constantly the past few days. Probably due to the craziness of this week! I want this week over already!!!!!

Hmmm maybe you should get a special badge for your siggy for not weighing early!:goodvibes

Taryn

:hug: You CAN go forward, you have proven it pound by 55 pounds! Be gentler to yourself. Yes you at the buffalo pretzel bites (which are delicious but also like licking a salt stick! :goodvibes), so what? Today eat a healthy breakfast. Then move on to your lunch. Don't even look at the whole day, do it hour by hour. To quote a favorite on the BL thread, you wouldn't throw out your set because you broke one dish would you? You haven't gone back to your "old" you. :hug:

My favorite way to end our day is to take our time getting out and being in an almost empty park. Sitting and having a treat is a bonus.

Being the last ones at Hollywood Studios, not realizing that the park has actually closed, and we seem to have it all to ourselves. It is quite and just just us. We get a chance to take in the lights and the sights. We hold hands as we walk down the street. Then as we pass through the gate...we hope the buses are still running...they are! We get on the bus and laugh how we were the last ones in the WHOLE park. That was a fun day....this past April.

We were on the boat from Ohana to MK when the fireworks were going off, and we've done a Wishes cruise. They were both magical! ITA!

I'm turning in to my mother. I used to think she was crazy to get up so early, now I totally understand why.

Connie - please don't take the peanut butter thing personally. Sometimes I get caught up in teasing, I get it from my Daddy, and I take it a little too far. A big personality flaw, and I'm sorry.

Tuesday's QOTD: Snuggling with my girls, with the castle in sight, fireworks overhead, leaned against DH, with tears in my eyes. *sigh*

Taryn

Hey Taryn,
don't allow the old you to come back, don't give in. Take a deep breath. We are all only human. We all make mistakes. Life happens, so we screw up, but what matters is that we know we messed up, and we move on. Today is a new day, a day for you to take charge of yourself, your actions, your health. I have screwed up too..we all have. What matters is that you dust yourself off, see what went wrong, and fix it. Go back to the beginning, the way you felt at the beginning of your journey. Try to recapture the essence of that. You just didn't loose 55lbs all at once, and you won't certainly gain it all back all at once either. It takes time to put all that back, and the good thing is that you are realizing that something is getting in your way of your goals. Don't let it...stand up to it and say NO! Take a minute and think about the healthy you, and calmly tell yourself what it is you need to change and do to get back on track. Then do something positive for yourself...drink some water, go for a walk. Doing something positive, even a small thing, for yourself will make you feel more in control of you destiny to a healthier you. You can do it!

Also magical sounding! Everyone has such great memories of their trip(s)!

I DO get A LOT done when I'm up that early. Even got in 30 minutes on the Wii Fit+ and have drank 5 glasses of water!

Awww. Absolutely beautitful.

Taryn

Taryn-Lots of people have commented, please forgive me for repeating them. First of all, the old you is NOT coming back. You have lost 55 pounds! You are one of the most inspiring members of our BL challenge. So what, you had some buffalo pretzel bites. You said it yourself, you have to enjoy your new lifestyle, and if that includes a few splurges, than so be it. You have to do what's right for you. Drink some water, I know you did last night. Make sure you drink as much water as you feel comfortable drinking. Maybe add some sugar-free drink mix to add some variety. Get your kids involved. Make a huge pitcher and have DD3 stir. See who can stir the fastest. Then, all 3 of you has an 8 oz. glass (if you let your daugters drink the sugar-free kind). Sip a 2nd glass while watching a movie or making a puzzle (or working on lesson plans for your class). YOU ARE NOT OUT OF CONTROL! You can and will do this!

Who has your daughters today? Do you have time to walk for an hour or run for 30 minutes? Could you go for a bike ride with DDs? I'm just throwing out suggestions. Jillian made it very clear in the most recent episode that exercise can be fun and family time. I have no idea if you have one of these, but I'm going to throw out another idea to help you multi-task. Take an audio recorder on your walk. Record ideas for your lesson plans. Play them back while you are typing away. Record anything else that comes to mind too! Tape record yourself saying affirmations:
I am in control.
I lost 55 pounds. I can and will lose 10 more.
I am an amazing mother. My daughters are wonderful because of my husband and me.
I am an amazing kindergarden teacher. I love my job and my students love me.
etc.

And, please continue to post. We are here for you even if we are not next to you IRL.

Have a great day!

I'm off to work now. I'll check back later!

Taryn
:hug:Like others have said, 3 day's will not undo your 5 months of hard work. Heck, 2 weeks won't either. You have been so successful, and you can get that back. Maybe start fresh, get the water in today, journal your food tomorrow, do the cow, and don't beat yourself up if when you backslide. You are an amazing and strong woman. It's an emotional week for you too with missing your daddy, so give yourself some time to remember your special times with him and some time to grieve. It is not easy, and the pain and sadness lasts so long. Try to come here and post. We are all here for you. Even if you put on a few pounds over the next couple weeks you will lose it again, and you will continue to be successful. :hug: Hang in there, Taryn.

It won't let me PM since I have no posts. I think I read that it's never too late to join so here I am. I'd like to join the challenge too. I'll be on the losers team at 188.8 lbs and in 13 weeks I'd like to lose 30 lbs.

Although I finished the half marathon last January at WDW, I'm really just now starting to ease back into running after an injury 4 years ago. Next Januaray's half marathon will go a lot smoother for me!! (Barring 28 degree temperatures and snow flurries that is!) I need as much motivation and accountability and encouragement as a person can get! I recently graduated with my BSN and have the nclex scheduled for July 19. I start my GN job tomorrow. My husband should be leaving for Afghanistan on/around July 2 and currently he has been in Wisconsin since April 17. Our 15 year old daughter just got her driving learner's permit today. ...

Needless to say, I'm STRESSED and OVERWHELMED! So, getting back into shape and adding physical activity to my life will be a huge physical, emotional, and mental health benefit but it will also be an enormous challenge. I look forward to getting into healthy habits and communicating with people who are in the same lane of this crazy race called life.
Welcome and congrats on your BSN. Where are you going to be working? I'm a nurse in endoscopy after17 years of ICU. It's kind of like the retirement home for nurses. :rotfl: Good luck with your new job, the NCLEX, and this challenge.

EMH at MK til 2am, wandering through tomorrowland and fantasyland with all the rides as walkons, stopping for a pic in front of the castle, and ending with a treat (ice cream cookie sandwich) from the main street bakery on the way to the bus.

Ive had a tough weekend with controlling my eating. I cant say I totally went off plan but it was close. I feel like I am back on track and am chalking it up to being the week of TOM. Today I made a bad choice for lunch. I had an all day class for my job and the only thing close was a pizza place. I had planned to get a salad but when I saw the price of 9$ for a salad with grilled chicken I decided to just get a slice of pizza. Then I got to the counter and saw the specialty pizza and out of my mouth came "i will have one slice of the taco pizza":confused: Where that came from I have no idea. It totally was impulsive. Honestly it didnt even taste good and was so heavy in my stomach. I regretted it all day. I guess this was just my sign to focus again. I did a 4 mile run tonight in 48:30. I feel so much better.
Sorry about the pizza, but at least you only had one slice. Nice work on the run.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for the concern about my family emergency. We are all well and good and things will go back to normal soon. I did splurge on a slice of ham and pineapple pizza for dinner tonight (but just one... it was very big) and worth every one of the TEN points it cost me! But it was a conscious decision, not a stress-related reflex.
Glad everything is turning out ok, and nice job on handling the stress. Not easy to do, but you went at it the Pjlla way, and are such an inspiration.

Little vent coming here--please feel free to skip.:thumbsup2 Ok, wo/ too much tmi (does that make sense?) I have gone from the reds visiting (this still makes me smile) way too frequently to the reds being on a really long road trip!:lmao: Which means I feel like I've had pms for over a week now including the carb cravings which I have been fighting. This is either perimenopause or because I am finally dropping belly fat. I'm self diagnosing because I don't want to go to the doctor! I feel like I hit 42 and I'm falling apart.:confused3 I really, really hate the doctor, so I'm going to give it a couple more months and see if things "regulate". Ok, vent over.
I totally agree with the others that is is probably peri-menopause, and it is not fun. I know that irregular cycle is a big part of it. Funny, we were talking about this a few weeks ago with my sisters, and sil, and we are 39-50, and my sister who is 50 was bragging, saying I'm done it's been 8 months since I last had my period, and don't you know she called me 2 days later to tell me she just got her period again. I know the perimenopause can go on for a long time. Hang in there.

Whoo hoo!!! Love getting excited for everyone's trips!!!

Lisa -- A konk cooler is a frozen rum drink that they make on the DCL ships and at Serenity Bay, that adult beach at Castaway Cay.

Here is the recipe I found on allearsnet !!!

Ingredients
3 oz. Light Rum (Suggestion - Malibu or Parrot Bay)
3 oz. Dark Rum (Suggestion - Cruzan Black Strap)
4 oz. Orange Juice
8 oz. Cream of Coconut (Suggestion - Coco Casa)
6 oz. Passion Fruit Juice Concentrate (Suggestion - Welches)
3 oz. Ice

Mix in blender until slushy.

Makes enough to fill a Disney Cruise Line drink glass... and then some!
This looks delicious. I think I just found my new fourth of july drink. I like to try something new each year.
I have declared wars on the ants - actually I think I'm answering their war declaration on me! In the play room, kitchen and our upstairs bath!! I've been spraying the house inside and out today. That's cut into my cleaning a bit plus also my Wal-Mart trip. I'm taking dd's friend home, planning that once I'm in the car I'll go but it'll be 4:45 by then - not sure I want to go at that time.

Pamela great job avoiding that stress eating!!!:woohoo:What a victory!

My day has been so-so. I think I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. :( Plus I my allergies are actually a cold (I think that's your gift to me Shannon :lmao:) So much going on plus financial stress (dd's cheer, going to see my dad in Orlando, going to Scotland in July). So what did I do? Ate 9 chips ahoy. :headache: I guess at least I counted right? And stopped! When I write it out it's not so bad - dd's cheer, working concerts to pay for that; Dad in Orlando? It's just not happening this summer. Scotland - flights & rental car paid, staying w/relatives, saving spending money. I feel more in control already. Those darn ants though!

More storms moving through. DD was scared last night and came into our bed, dh moved to the spare room, the dogs were in bed with me and DD, she couldn't sleep which meant I couldn't sleep...color me gray today b/c that's my mood. Sorry everyone! I need some serious doses of pixie dust.
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:I hate ants. Someone told me to sprinkle chilipowder around the whole perimeter of your house to keep them out, but I haven't tried that. 9 cookies isn't too bad. You are right, at least you counted them, and stopped at 9. I know I've eaten whole boxes in the past.:rolleyes1 Nice job talking yourself through the stress. It will all work out. :hug:

Okay - starting a pool on when Tracey will actually get on the scale - I'm choosing today at 6:30 pm - anyone else in? :rotfl: Sorry Tracey couldn't resist! ;) :hug:
Too funny. Tracey- I'm impressed you haven't stepped on the scale. Hope your stress goes away soon, and you are able to have some fun, relaxing days with your parents.

Not much new here. Staying within my points, and trying to have an extra healthy 2 days before my race tomorrow night. I made a big salad last night, and cut up a pear and put that in and it was so good. I'm not very adventurous and tend to make the same things over and over, but I think I need to try more things. Did wii fit this morning, and we have baseball tonight. Looks like a beautiful day out here.

Hoping everyone has a nice day.:)

Thanks everyone. :hug: Sorry for that pity party. I've spent the last hour crying, drinking coffee and water to flush out the salt, and researching how to get rid of water weight gain! Had a banana and a protein shake, it has some dandelion root in it which is supposed to help flush out water retention.

I am feeling slighty better, just really depressed, but as soon as my sleepy heads wake up and we start packing their WDW clothes with Almost There from Princess and the Frog and the 4 Parks 1 World CDs playing in the background, I'm sure my mood will improve! I bought them a bunch of new disney t's and DD2 some Disney sundresses when the online disney store was having a sale, so it will be fun to show them to them. I'm sure we'll have fashion shows, and DD2 will insist on keeping at least one of them on!

Going to clean all the glass in the house until they wake up! Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Even with the warm welcome it's hard to jump in. You all seem like you know each other so well and have been friends forever. I'm going to try though. Yesterday morning I got up at 6 and walked for 30 minutes, ate well all day, and then went crazy on choc chip cookies my hubby asked me to bake. He knows I'm trying to eat better and he is too but they were there. Well now they are gone, my to sons 12 and 14, helped too. I will no longer be buying them because I can't not eat them. Can you say "RED light food."

This am I woke up with a sore throat but I'm plannig on walking tonight after my haircut. My 12 year son, Noah, runs cross country and wants to start running this summer for the fall season. We made a deal that 3 times a week I would go with him and walk while he ran. Sounds much better than walking on the treadmill by myself. Hope everyone has a good day. Lisa

Even with the warm welcome it's hard to jump in. You all seem like you know each other so well and have been friends forever. I'm going to try though. Yesterday morning I got up at 6 and walked for 30 minutes, ate well all day, and then went crazy on choc chip cookies my hubby asked me to bake. He knows I'm trying to eat better and he is too but they were there. Well now they are gone, my to sons 12 and 14, helped too. I will no longer be buying them because I can't not eat them. Can you say "RED light food."

This am I woke up with a sore throat but I'm plannig on walking tonight after my haircut. My 12 year son, Noah, runs cross country and wants to start running this summer for the fall season. We made a deal that 3 times a week I would go with him and walk while he ran. Sounds much better than walking on the treadmill by myself. Hope everyone has a good day. Lisa

Lisa, I know what you mean. I jumped in about 2 months into the challenge that started in January, and it took a while. But as you can see, it didn't take me long to intiate myself. Throw it out there, and soon you'll have us all figured out. Yesterday, my DH thought he was being so sweet and bought not 1, but 7 bags of a salty, fatty treat that I haven't been able to find in a year or two. Then, when I put 1 serving (1/3) of a cup in a bowl, he said "you're going to eat more than that, aren't you."

Good for you on walking with your son! Hope your throat gets better soon!

I have declared wars on the ants - actually I think I'm answering their war declaration on me! In the play room, kitchen and our upstairs bath!! I've been spraying the house inside and out today. That's cut into my cleaning a bit plus also my Wal-Mart trip. I'm taking dd's friend home, planning that once I'm in the car I'll go but it'll be 4:45 by then - not sure I want to go at that time.

My day has been so-so. I think I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. Plus I my allergies are actually a cold (I think that's your gift to me Shannon So much going on plus financial stress (dd's cheer, going to see my dad in Orlando, going to Scotland in July). So what did I do? Ate 9 chips ahoy. I guess at least I counted right? And stopped! When I write it out it's not so bad - dd's cheer, working concerts to pay for that; Dad in Orlando? It's just not happening this summer. Scotland - flights & rental car paid, staying w/relatives, saving spending money. I feel more in control already. Those darn ants though!

More storms moving through. DD was scared last night and came into our bed, dh moved to the spare room, the dogs were in bed with me and DD, she couldn't sleep which meant I couldn't sleep...color me gray today b/c that's my mood. Sorry everyone! I need some serious doses of pixie dust.

pixiedust: for you, jenn! Hope that you feel better soon. :hug: One way or another all those worries will pass.

Oh, and I hear you on the ants. Last week they were telling me that I eat lunch at my desk too much. One crawled on me and then I started freaking myself out and thinking they were on me all day. :scared1: Peppermint oil on a cotton ball is a good natural deterrent.

It won't let me PM since I have no posts. I think I read that it's never too late to join so here I am. I'd like to join the challenge too. I'll be on the losers team at 188.8 lbs and in 13 weeks I'd like to lose 30 lbs.

Although I finished the half marathon last January at WDW, I'm really just now starting to ease back into running after an injury 4 years ago. Next Januaray's half marathon will go a lot smoother for me!! (Barring 28 degree temperatures and snow flurries that is!) I need as much motivation and accountability and encouragement as a person can get! I recently graduated with my BSN and have the nclex scheduled for July 19. I start my GN job tomorrow. My husband should be leaving for Afghanistan on/around July 2 and currently he has been in Wisconsin since April 17. Our 15 year old daughter just got her driving learner's permit today. ...

Needless to say, I'm STRESSED and OVERWHELMED! So, getting back into shape and adding physical activity to my life will be a huge physical, emotional, and mental health benefit but it will also be an enormous challenge. I look forward to getting into healthy habits and communicating with people who are in the same lane of this crazy race called life.

:welcome: QTrunninglady! Thanks for joining our challenge! :flower3: Keep chatting here and you will be able to PM in no time!

Had a great day with DS..(took the day off to spend just with him)..the only downside was letting him pick the place for lunch..he choose chinese ..so I will have to be extra careful with dinner. Right now, DS is in the kitchen making "moo-less chocolate pie" with tofu...he saw it on an episode of Alton Brown's Good Eats and wanted to try it..I will take a bite to make DS happy, but I don't know that I am tofu person...guess we will see. I am happy that he like to experiment with food.

Well, how was the tofu chocolate pie? Alton Brown has helped a lot of guys get themselves into the kitchen. I think corinnak has a great recipe for chocolate mousse made from tofu . . . that is one that should be on the recipe thread that Rose keeps for us. :goodvibes

I still won't step on the scale until Wednesday morning! Not even tempted!

::yes::

I wait until Friday....last week it was only a pound, I worry if I do it any sooner I may be disapppointed I hope Wednesday is a good day for you.

I was out today (limping around, due to stupid foot!) and a friend I hadn't seen in 7 weeks thought I looked like I had lost 10 pounds!1 ......i hadn't but at least what I've lost was noticeable IT"S ABOUT TIME!:rotfl2:

It's always nice when people notice your hard work! :goodvibes

I love to ride the boats back from MK to Wilderness Lodge at night. It is so pretty and relaxing. Or I like to hang out on my balcony at Grand Californian and watch the beautiful new lights on Mickey's Spinning Wheel o'Death aka the ferris wheel. I hate the ride but I love the lights! :rotfl:

Ive had a tough weekend with controlling my eating. I cant say I totally went off plan but it was close. I feel like I am back on track and am chalking it up to being the week of TOM. Today I made a bad choice for lunch. I had an all day class for my job and the only thing close was a pizza place. I had planned to get a salad but when I saw the price of 9$ for a salad with grilled chicken I decided to just get a slice of pizza. Then I got to the counter and saw the specialty pizza and out of my mouth came "i will have one slice of the taco pizza":confused: Where that came from I have no idea. It totally was impulsive. Honestly it didnt even taste good and was so heavy in my stomach. I regretted it all day. I guess this was just my sign to focus again. I did a 4 mile run tonight in 48:30. I feel so much better.

:hug: Glad that your run made you feel better, Lindsay.

Actually, it is Thursday. Wasn't it nice of Disney/Pixar to open a movie for me so that we would have a fun way to celebrate!?

Thanks! :thumbsup2 I remembered it was the same day as the opening but for some reason I thought that was Friday.

I always like to look at your signature picture -- makes me want to go for a swim!

Aren't we all? ;)

Taryn, :hug: glad that you can get all those negative feelings out of your system. Soon you will be at WDW and telling us all about it from your fabulous room at BLT! :thumbsup2

Off to the orthodontist this morning! :eek: Have a great day all!

Ok, so I weigh in on tuesday afternoons and on tuesday mornings I do a peek at my scale to check it out. Looks like I might be gaining over 7 lbs this week! OMG! I knew it was a bad week with everyone taking me out for meals and then a free for all of bad food choices when we went camping in Wenatchee not to mention not much excersize, but ouch! I may try to work out on my lunch break today to see if I can get rid of a bit. I am very nervous about losing my 100 lb clippie...that would suck!

SarahMay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter