• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Better for resort stay? BLT or copper creek?

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
Me and wife going in Feb for 3 nights we have BLT booked now. Only a resort stay since plane tickets were so cheap. Is Bay lake good for that? Looks like a lot of activities there. Never stayed just visited. We have stayed at copper creek which was great too.
What is a better resort stay you think?

CCV. Better theming by far and good restaurant selections.

Both are great, we've stayed at each multiple times.

While WL is one of our favorite resorts, it is nice, at BLT, to be able to hop on the monorail for a quick trip to Tambu Lounge or Enchanted Rose.

You can't go wrong, but, if you've never stayed at BLT, it's always fun to try a new resort.

I have stayed at both, and enjoyed both, but they are very different experiences.

If you want a trip that still feels very Disney even though you aren’t going to the parks, BLT would be my choice. You will have a clear view of the MK fireworks from your resort, occasionally hear the train or steamboat, and feel closer to the action. It is also convenient for traveling to other resorts, since you can simply take a short walk to MK and catch a bus going anywhere you want to go.

If you would like a trip where you can sometimes forget you are at Disney, or even in Florida, then CC is the better choice, in my opinion. I have stayed at WL/BRV/CC many times for resort only trips. I like that I don’t have all the hustle and bustle right on my doorstep. The theming is so good that it’s easy to feel like you are far away from one of the world’s busiest theme parks. I can relax there and not feel like I am missing out on the parks at all.

Either one is an excellent choice. It just depends on what you want out of the trip.

BLT has easy access to two other resorts on the monorail. I’d go with BLT for that reason.

I have enjoyed both, and enjoyed them for different reasons. I would do CC for a resort-only stay. You can always take the boat from WL and then monorail (or boats) to the other resorts for fun, but if you're just hanging out, WL is gorgeous, and peaceful with great food and drinks.

Great question! We are going for 4 night resort only in February. We are staying at CCV. It is a beautiful place and relaxing. We always stay here, we just love it! There are so many places to sit and enjoy the views. We will boat to MK for access to the rest of the resorts, but I am hoping for warm sunny days so we can relax by the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter