Better Epcot Plan?

Hopingforpixiedust

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm stuck on what to do for my Epcot morning. It will be me, my DDs (7 and 9), and my 65 year old mother.

We have a PPO Garden Grill.
Nemo FP at 10.
Spaceship Earth FP at 11.

My question is should we do Soarin' after breakfast, walk over to Test Track, and then back to Nemo? Or should we do Test Track after our Spaceship Earth FP?

When I last checked there was also an option to move Spaceship Earth FP to 9:40-10:40. Maybe do Nemo without a FP and then the earlier SE?

Help!

Thanks!

Hi! I'm stuck on what to do for my Epcot morning. It will be me, my DDs (7 and 9), and my 65 year old mother.

1. We have a PPO Garden Grill.
2. Nemo FP at 10.
3. Spaceship Earth FP at 11.

4. My question is should we do Soarin' after breakfast,
5. walk over to Test Track,
6. and then back to Nemo?
7. Or should we do Test Track after our Spaceship Earth FP?

8. When I last checked there was also an option to move Spaceship Earth FP to 9:40-10:40.
9. Maybe do Nemo without a FP and then the earlier SE?

Help!

Thanks!
A. You didn't provide a DATE (which COULD make a major difference.)

1. YUM!
2. Unnecessary on most dates, but again, if you're there during a busy holiday time... things can change.
3. Ditto to #2.
4. Sure.
5. That's fine.
6. Do Nemo almost any time you'd like... except See A above.
7. I'd not do that, regardless.
8. That sounds good.
9. Nemo without a FP is (generally) fine.

No Frozen Ever After? (A good use of FP on most days.)
No Turtle Talk? (Turtle Talk does not need a FP.)

Last edited:
Sorry! Here’s some more information.

It’s a Saturday in December. We have a frozen FP at 1:30.

I guess I’m mostly wondering if heading to TT right after Soarin will be a better wait than going after seeing other things that are closer to Soarin. (To avoid backtracking) Or if it will make no difference either way. Does that make sense?

Sorry! Here’s some more information.

It’s a Saturday in December. We have a frozen FP at 1:30.

I guess I’m mostly wondering if heading to TT right after Soarin will be a better wait than going after seeing other things that are closer to Soarin. (To avoid backtracking) Or if it will make no difference either way. Does that make sense?
The DATE is far more important than the day of the week.
Avoiding backtracking in Epcot while riding with more favorable timing is mostly impossible.

If riding Soarin and TT are the priority, and mom is able, I'd get to Soarin ASAP after GG, then scurry to TT. Then MS. Switch SE and Nemo FPs. Then SE, Nemo, Turtle Talk. Otherwise, you'll have a long wait at TT. You also have the option of single rider at TT, checking for a 4th FP for Soarin or TT...

If riding Soarin and TT are the priority, and mom is able, I'd get to Soarin ASAP after GG, then scurry to TT. Then MS. Switch SE and Nemo FPs. Then SE, Nemo, Turtle Talk. Otherwise, you'll have a long wait at TT. You also have the option of single rider at TT, checking for a 4th FP for Soarin or TT...

Thank you!! I think this will be my plan.

I am going to Epcot on Sunday Dec 15th. Epcot is opening at 9AM and I have a 9AM-10AM fast pass for soarin. Does anyone think it's possible to try to get on test track before I use my soarin fast pass or is that too risky?

If you’re at the front of the pack at RD, then you probably could do it. But it would mean fast walking to TT, and then fast walking to Soarin’ and they are a good distance apart. Can you do single rider at TT? That may be fastest.

If you’re at the front of the pack at RD, then you probably could do it. But it would mean fast walking to TT, and then fast walking to Soarin’ and they are a good distance apart. Can you do single rider at TT? That may be fastest.

Ah, ok thanks. I think we'll just go straight to soarin then go to Test Track. We plan on being at Epcot all day and those seem to be the only two rides anyone in my group is interested in. My daughter however still wants to wander around Epcot all day like she did last time. Something about a passport and stamps...

i would do breakfast.
Then walk over to Soarin', the line shouldn't be too bad yet.
Walk over to LWTL
Then do your other FPs.
You should be good, and not have to rush anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter