• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

Your Tiffins meal sounds so good! I still need to eat there. someday I will! AHs sounds like it was a blast! I have yet to do the one at DAK but it seems like it was worth the money!

I'm seriously adding Wine Bar George to my ever growing list of places to try in March! I want those Mac and Cheese Bites 😋

For apps, I had the Tiffins Salad, avocado, tomato, roasted sweet corn, queso fresco, with buttermilk dressing

I wonder if they'd let me order this over at Nomad? I know you can order the Buffalo Cauliflower Bites from there…I could make a meal with just those two things!

I love all your EPCOT pics, it makes me want to plan a trip during the FOTA ::yes::

Your Tiffins meal sounds so good! I still need to eat there. someday I will! AHs sounds like it was a blast! I have yet to do the one at DAK but it seems like it was worth the money!
Tiffins was fabulous!
You really need to do DAH at AK!!! I'm at the point where I may give up the parks and crowds during the day to get more done at night in a 3 hour period...Plus, it's less expensive...

I'm seriously adding Wine Bar George to my ever growing list of places to try in March! I want those Mac and Cheese Bites 😋
Kelly, they are soooo good!!! Get your butt over there next trip. LOL! :love2:

I love all your EPCOT pics, it makes me want to plan a trip during the FOTA ::yes::
This was our first FARTS trip and we loved it. Wait until you see the pics we took with @ariane37 and Steve...:rotfl2:

ook what I found in the grocery store today 😊
Fabulous!!! So jelly we can't get it here!!!

Sounds like a wonderful evening at DAK's After Hours event. I love walking around that park once the sun sets, and how special the decorations were still set up for you guys. I'm sure it was lovely getting to walk around with virtually no other guests around.

We were surprised to find the parks still decorated for Christmas, too. Usually MK stays decorated the longest but this time it was all four parks.
We were also able to see the Tree of Life Awakening ceremony which was equally as beautiful.
Were they still doing the special Christmas themed overlay?

Leaping Lizard looks like a delicious drink. That makes two drinks at Nomads that look good to me. The other one is Annapurna Sling, also at Tiffins. :) Joe's entree looks good but it should be centered on the plate. All that empty space on his plate looks like they forgot to give him something. ;)

It looks like after hours at AK is a great way to ride all the good rides. Was it creepy being in an almost empty park? We had to walk through AK after the park was closed after our Yak & Yeti dinner. It was definitely creepy. ::yes::

Last edited:
Sounds like a wonderful evening at DAK's After Hours event. I love walking around that park once the sun sets, and how special the decorations were still set up for you guys. I'm sure it was lovely getting to walk around with virtually no other guests around.
It was probably one of my fav DAH!!!

Were they still doing the special Christmas themed overlay?
No, and this surprised me.

It looks like after hours at AK is a great way to ride all the good rides. Was it creepy being in an almost empty park? We had to walk through AK after the park was closed after our Yak & Yeti dinner. It was definitely creepy. ::yes::
It was very relaxing and I found it to be very comforting. :D

Sorry to hijack the thread - but I'm just too excited not to spread this news - my niece was just accepted for the Fall 2020 DCP! She's not doing the "Advantage" part, will just be there from mid-August through the holidays. We are over the moon excited for her! Lots of trips currently being planned....

Sorry to hijack the thread - but I'm just too excited not to spread this news - my niece was just accepted for the Fall 2020 DCP! She's not doing the "Advantage" part, will just be there from mid-August through the holidays. We are over the moon excited for her! Lots of trips currently being planned....
Yay! That's awesome!

Our Afternoon in Epcot...
Then, we got hungry again so we made a very special stop at the Mexico Pavillion at La Cava. Joe and I have only ordered drinks to go here but thought it would be fun to actually sit inside, enjoy some alcoholic beverages (yep, I'm talking margaritas) and some yummy queso dip and chips. Joe had The Black Magic Margarita developed by Neil Patrick Harris with a mixture of Mezcal, blackberry puree, Cassis liqueur, lime, and mint; served frozen. This was soooooo good. I got my old standby, La Cava Avocado Margarita with Tequila Terremoto Blanco, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus salt rim. Again, this didn't disappoint. We also shared the Queso con Jalapeno, warm white cheese dip with jalapenos, served with tortilla chips. For $10 this was a Disney food steal and so good it took everything in me not to lick the bowl clean. Hey, I have some manners...LOL!

First of all, totally agree on the Avocado Margarita...I get that one more often than any other there and they are excellent. However I was curous about the NPH drink, since I read he had one there a while ago...it sounds lovely and I may need to try it. We have only had the chance to sit inside La Cava once to enjoy apps and drinks and it was fabulous...it's always so busy...but we ALWAYS stop there for a drink no matter what. I just have to make sure if I order one with that black ant rim I change that up...it still creeps me out.

Slightly tempted to do the DAH at AK for our upcoming trip, but for the price I could just buy a 1 day 1 park ticket and enjoy a park all day instead...and buy the snacks I want, though I could eat quite a bit of Disney popcorn for sure!

Oh and an FYI...if you ever get back to the Disney Outlet there again try going about an hour or so BEFORE it even opens and lining up...there are some crazy good things to find but the "pros" down there scoop up those good things very quickly upon store opening!

Oh and an FYI...if you ever get back to the Disney Outlet there again try going about an hour or so BEFORE it even opens and lining up...there are some crazy good things to find but the "pros" down there scoop up those good things very quickly upon store opening!
Great advice! Thanks!
You really need to try the Black magic margarita!!!!

Hollywood Studios/Joe Wakes up Early for that RotR Boarding Group Pass/Oga's Cantina

Poor Joe...He woke up at the butt crack of dawn to get his RotR Boarding Group Pass and because he forgot to take me off MDE, ended up in group 90. He came back to the room a little sad but determined to get on this darn ride. I, on the other hand, enjoyed a nice, long, quiet sleep (I told you all...there's no reason to wake up early on vaca. The ride will be there for years and eventually I will get on it, maybe sooner than you think :D ). Joe took a shower and then it was time for me to get up. We had reservations to get to. Yep, I was finally going to be able to see the inside of Oga's Cantina for myself and finally order that darn drink, the Fuzzy Tauntaun...I had been dying to try this...

We made it to HS at about 1015 and parked in the preferred lot. Joe made that wrong turn again (we did the same thing in September) and we were able to park up close for free, pixie dust #1 today. Then, we got into the park and I decided I needed a banana before our early morning of drinking. When I went to pay, the CM told me it was free, pixie dust #2 today.

We checked in for our reservation and were quickly called to our spot at the bar. Yay! I really wanted to stand here versus sitting at a table with a bunch of people I didn't know....We both ordered the Fuzzy Tauntaun and then Joe had something green. I have no idea which drink he got next...We both really enjoyed our drinks and before we knew it, our 45 minutes were up. We paid our tab and our lovely bartender gave us a set of coasters for free, pixie dust #3. Oh, before I forget, here's a little hint...If you order the Fuzzy Tauntaun and want to feel your mouth get all numb and tingly, when you take a sip, make it a big one and swish it around your mouth a few seconds. Then, you will really feel the numbing effect.:rotfl2:

After our drinks, I wanted to get something else to eat. So, we made our way over to Ronto Roasters and we shared the Ronto Wrap, roasted pork and grilled pork sausage with peppercorn sauce and tangy slaw wrapped in a pita. This was so good and I could have eaten it all by myself. Joe also felt the need for me to try Blue Milk. He had it in September and because we had Gia with us, I didn't get the chance to try it. I really like that too.

We had some time to kill, so we took some pics around Batuu and then made our way to Toy Story Land and rode Alien Swirling Saucers. This is such a fun, little ride.

Up next, we have lunch at Brown Derby and RotR breaks down for hours and hours and hours. So, what does this mean for Joe???

F2B3C22D-781A-45B6-B3AC-08D6EB322802.jpegDA396DD8-F99B-4564-98C0-67DF0F4DFDCD.jpeg5BF4B031-6409-40DD-BE64-7E85B811CF50.jpeg8FE91246-9C1C-4DAE-A025-7D6652DAF87D.jpegF76717A0-DEA6-4FE4-AD98-47D26860BA51.jpegA25DF6F8-AD47-4C00-A3C7-3725DD5E93E4.jpeg7267C19A-0263-46D8-B5BD-F66242ADEC28.jpeg7895267E-87FD-4565-A4D4-D9561DFF55F6.jpegB2BD0417-A3D8-49F8-B79A-996F83192189.jpeg4253CA14-D8EC-4650-911D-FF72A946EFEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Just the thought of that blue and green milk makes me want to vomit lol. Glad you enjoyed Oga's! I really don't have any desire to go there but I guess at some point maybe we'll do it just to do it!

Just the thought of that blue and green milk makes me want to vomit lol. Glad you enjoyed Oga's! I really don't have any desire to go there but I guess at some point maybe we'll do it just to do it!
As you know, I am NOT a Star Wars fan. That being said...Oga's is really cool, especially if you like REALLY expensive drinks with weird names. LOL!!! The blue milk was actually good. We also tried the green milk and that was ok too. But, the clear winner was that Ronto Wrap. It was sooooooo good!!! Miss you!!! xoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter