Best "worst" moments?

The only one I can think of happened on our trip a few weeks ago, on Kilimanjaro Safari. Several giraffes blocked our truck, seemingly oblivious to the truck, just munching away on "browse". After about 10 minutes, during which time, the CM alternated between talking on her walkie-talkie and apolgizing to everyone for the hold up/delay (I have a feeling a few people did start getting a little grumbly about having to wait), the animal care truck came out and kind of shooed the giraffes to the side. But I loved it, snapping pictures constantly-new experience and you can't get much closer to the giraffes than that. I asked the woman next to me if it was her first KS ride, and it was, but I hope she doesn't think that type of thing will happen every trip. I thought it was so exciting but the CM was so sorry for us!

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

My best "worst" moment happened when I was sixteen. My parents had given me a cell phone for my birthday, which I thought was the coolest present ever. So of course, when we went to Disney, I had to bring it with me to the parks. I had my phone in my pocket, as we rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Halfway through the Haunted Mansion, I realized my phone was missing. I knew it would be useless to retrace my steps looking for it, as I had been through half the park, and if it had fallen out on a ride, unless someone found it, it would be missing forever. We tried calling it, but no luck. I felt pretty stupid that day, having lost my phone. We decided on the way out of the park at the end of the day, to stop in Guest Relations, just in case. I didn't think they would have it. I figured it would be at the bottom of Chickapin Hill. I described my phone to the cast member at Guest Relations, and they had it! I was so happy to have it back. I look back on that day very fondly now. I don't remember it as the day I lost my phone, but as the day I found my phone. And I should note, that ever since that day, I only use pockets with zippers.

Very similar to the lost phone, my DS lost his shoe getting on POTC! The poor kid was so embarrassed that he cried through the entire ride. Unlike the previous poster, there was no way to get it back, it sank to the bottom. We were told to report it to Guest Relations. A wonderful CM took us over to the Main St Emporium and told them to let DS pick any pair of shoes he wanted. He ended up with Buzz Lightyear shoes that lit up when he walked-he was so happy with his new shoes. Disney made it right and it really wasn't their fault.

He's 15 now,and he hasn't been able to ride POTC without us teasing him about the pirates stealing his shoe.

BTW-I would love to get stuck on KS by the giraffes-I'd love to have some pics!

The only one I can think of happened on our trip a few weeks ago, on Kilimanjaro Safari. Several giraffes blocked our truck, seemingly oblivious to the truck, just munching away on "browse". After about 10 minutes, during which time, the CM alternated between talking on her walkie-talkie and apolgizing to everyone for the hold up/delay (I have a feeling a few people did start getting a little grumbly about having to wait), the animal care truck came out and kind of shooed the giraffes to the side. But I loved it, snapping pictures constantly-new experience and you can't get much closer to the giraffes than that. I asked the woman next to me if it was her first KS ride, and it was, but I hope she doesn't think that type of thing will happen every trip. I thought it was so exciting but the CM was so sorry for us!

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

This happened to us, too (except with birds, not giraffes)
We thought it was awesome
They were just walking along, like 10 feet in front of our truck, walking as slow as birdly possible. My husband kept joking that they were doing it on purpose.

3949080728_0e0aae2194.jpg

The best worst moment was two years ago my family and I went to Mickey's House in Toon Town to take pictures with Mickey. We took our photos and posed as a family with Mickey it was awesome!

As we were leaving my son who was 7 at the time, had his shoe untied. My daughter and I moved close to the exit door to give him, my wife and the cast member some room and my son went to lean against the faux wall AND WENT RIGHT THROUGH!!!!!:rotfl:

All of the cast members gasped, Mickey grabbed his face in disbelief and my daughter and I could not stop laughing. I cried for 20 min after that with laughter.:lmao:

323sarg that one really made me laugh! I don't suppose you were lucky enough to catch it on video? It sounds like a classic!

Last December it absolutely poured an entire day we were at MK. It was not the warmest day either. We threw on ponchos and kept going. It was such a constant downpour all day that by mid-afternoon we were soaked and cold from the knees down. The whole place was one big puddle. It was so bad that most people had given up and the majority of the rides were walk on (even we were so wet and cold that we eventually gave up around 4:30- which definitely is not typical for me!) As we were cold, wet, and tromping and splashing down a wet path (I can't remember where), my 3 year old DD looked up at me and said "Mama this is the best day I've ever had in my life. I never get to play outside in the rain at home".

I remember going to the Spirit of Aloha Show last September. It rained so hard, complete with thunder and lightning, that they had to postpone the show and eventually it got cancelled. Despite the weather my DD6 decided that it would be a great time to put on a show of her own and ran out dancing into the rain. It wasn't long before other children joined her and they all had a wonderful time. I have never before seen a child so wet and yet so happy! Also, we had the opportunity to meet and have a grand conversation with the couple sitting next to us. Overall, despite the show being cancelled, it was a fun evening. It is one of my clearest memories. We are going to try the Spirit of Aloha Show again this year.....hopefully we will get to see it, but if not, that is okay too.:)

We got stuck in WDW during Hurricane Francis in 2004 on a 3-person birthday trip. Our flight was canceled until Labor Day afternoon. The "Three Mousekateers" was just being released but as a "hurricane" special, at the CBR they showed 36 hours of disney movie classics INCLUDING the unreleased "Three Mousekateers" DS was sooo excited to get to see this before all his friends.

Before the lockdown, we ate at the Garden Grill in Epcot. Pluto practically sat with us our entire meal, and Mickey, Chip & Dale probably spent about 1/2 our meal with us. It was like having the restaurant to ourselves. We rode Soarin & TT several times waiting less than 20 minutes in the middle of the afternoon. When we got back to our room & tried to get a flight out, the airport had been scheduled to close the next day at noon. So that next day we went to MK with minimal crowds & ended up at Chef Mickey's for our "last meal" before the lockdown. Again, had all the characters to ourselves & the restaurant let us take a couple pieces of fruit back to our room with us.

We survived the 36 hr lockdown watching the movies as said before. But then after the lockdown, Labor Day Monday they opened 2 parks. DS wanted to go back to MK. We walked right onto Space Mtn & in classic Disney fashion, walking throught the queue area we kept hearing a creepy voice whispering "Francis". We rode so many times my mom said, "I'll be sitting here on this bench when you're done, I can't walk that long queue another time." We rode 4 times!

I have a picture of DS in front of both Mickey & Minnie's house with NOBODY around, sun shining on the pools of water in the middle of afternoon. From park opening to about 1pm we rode probably 40 rides, including all 3 mtns at least 3 times. I still reminice about our "hurricane francis" trip that was looking scary but turned out AMAZING :)

It was the MOST AMAZING trip I've ever had!

We were there in September, waiting on line for Dumbo. The sky was getting darker and darker, but the ride was still open. While we were flying high in the sky, the downpour started! It sounds crazy, but we were laughing the entire time, flying through a torrential downpour. They closed the ride for a while after they let us off, but it was the most fun I ever had in the rain!

My best/worst memory was when my daughter (6 yrs) and had gotten two new stuffed animals. She was playing with another little girl at Casey's when that family left with them!:eek: My daughter was devastated. I was telling my kids to remember this feeling because this is the pain that stealing causes. As we were walking out of MK (busy day in July) a CM noticed my daughter crying and saying "Why are you crying at Disney World?" My daughter sobbed out the whole story and they gave us vouchers for two new stuffed animals! My daugher was sooo happy and I told my kids to remember this feeling because it's the joy that you give someone when you do something kind. It was a great life lesson and when I see those two stuffed animals on her bed I just want to hug that CM! (I didn't know about the cards you fill out at MK so, unfortunately, his good deed went undocumented.)

In December 2006, we were spending the entire day at Epcot bouncing between clear skys and the sudden burst of rain that Orlando is so famous for. We got in line for Test Track and by the time we were to board the cm's told us there was a bit of rain outside and they were just waiting for clearance. Well we should have paid attention when the ride emptied and we found ourselves settling into wet seats. Not even half way through our car came to a screeching halt and we sat...for a while. The car would move ahead at a snails pace, with the sound of screeching brakes and abruptly stop jerking us forward. This continued for about twenty minutes or so but it felt so much longer. Then the doors opened for our final decent and we just sat there our mouths opened. The rain outside was torrential and sideways. I just remember saying to my DH, "Oh know they're not." My last words before we went flying through those doors, the rain stinging as it hit our skin. I've never laughed so hard in my life, straight through the downpour and back to disembark. We were drenched and laughed all the way out the door. It's something I'll never forget.:lmao:
Fast Track was sooooo fast, I had the time to take out my camera and grab this shot.:goodvibes
100_2912.jpg

The best worst moment was two years ago my family and I went to Mickey's House in Toon Town to take pictures with Mickey. We took our photos and posed as a family with Mickey it was awesome!

As we were leaving my son who was 7 at the time, had his shoe untied. My daughter and I moved close to the exit door to give him, my wife and the cast member some room and my son went to lean against the faux wall AND WENT RIGHT THROUGH!!!!!:rotfl:

All of the cast members gasped, Mickey grabbed his face in disbelief and my daughter and I could not stop laughing. I cried for 20 min after that with laughter.:lmao:

This made me crack up!:rotfl2:

Okay, so my story is not so much Disney Magic or a CM doing anything, but another family.

We were staying at SSR last July. On the bus two days before the incident, we met another family who had a 2 yr old daughter named the same as ours (our daughter's name is familar but not common). We park hop and come back to our resort often, so over a two day period we got to know the family whenever they happened to be on the bus the same time as us. Kinda joking to each other "Are you guys following us?"

Anyway, the morning of the "incident" started off with the hubster arriving at DHS for rope drop to ride TOT and RNRC. I let DD sleep in and we came along later to make the 9:20 show of Playhosue Disney.

We walk around DHS for a bit, but it's not really our park so we decide to ride the boat over to Epcot for lunch...so many choices at Epcot.... On our way out of the park I decide to stop at the camera shop at DHS to see if photos from one Photopass card could be put on another (DD had received a picture of MM and a 20% off photopass in our room). Well, as we were on our way to the camera shop on our way out of the park, the hubster and DD got into it over something. I went in the camera shop, expecting the hubster to stay outside since DD was screaming, but noooo he brings her inside, wailing, while I wait in line behind a customer who was taking FOREVER to decide on a new digital camera. Sigh. I finally decide to leave as I am getting looks for havign DD in the store, meanwhile I am signaling to the hubster to take DD outside. He finally does, and when I get fed up and walk out of the satore due to slow customer (only one CM working in the store) the hubster goes off on me and then yells at DD.

So we wait for the boat to Epcot and I have DD under control. All is fine on the ride to Epcot.

Then we get to Epcot and the hubster wants fish n chips. I tell him that he can eat that, I will sit while he eats, and then we will go somewhere for me to eat. He gets mad again. Finally we compromise and agree on the CS place in Mexico. We arrive only to find that they are serving a new "test menu" and our favorites are not on the menu. We decide to eat anyway. I will eat anything, hubster is sooo picky. We eat and upon finishing, hubster gets a margarita and DD wants some, only since she's 2, can't quite understand why she can't.

MELTDOWN OCCURS.

So I take her out of the outdoor seating area to the nearest restroom, however the only one I can think of is the one near Norway. I arrive to find that the women's room is closed for cleaning. I see a lady standing outside the family restroom and ask if she is waiting to use it or waiting on somebody, when she rudely says to me that SHE IS NEXT!

So I go over to the curbing and LOSE IT. I broke down in tears. Between DD's meltdown still occuring, the hubster being Pi**y, and the rude lady, the tears started to flow. I sat there and I think it scared DD, because she stopped crying, wiped my tears, told me she was sorry, and kept patting my back saying "it's okay Mommy, it's okay...."

So DD and I use the restroom and I decide we need to leave the park. I'm not gambling on the day getting better.

As we walk out of Epcot, I stop at the camera place there, get what I need done and THEN DD decides she wants to push her stroller thru the park. We let her for a bit, but because she was coming close to hitting people and slowing us down, I transition her to riding in her stroller. As we walk out to the gates it hits DD that WE ARE LEAVING and she loses it again. She gets out of the stroller and proceeds to throw herself down on the concrete outside of the giftshop towards the bus stop area. I decide that there is nothing I can do (well I did try some stuff, but DD was having NONE of it), so I move DD over to the area where some benches were (after prodding her to walk) when she throws herself down again (she was not hurt) and rolls around on the ground crying. I sit on the bench letting her wail, while the hubster shoots me daggers because I am doing nothing (HELLO ARE YOU NOT A PARENT TOO???). So we are there for a few minutes, not too long, when our stalker family (only kdding about the stalker part) passes by leaving the park and recognizes us. They try to help, and do their best with DD (even their older kids step in because they are used to their younger sister doing the same thing), but it's no use. I thank them for trying, and they continue on to the busses.

After a few minutes more, I finally bear hug DD, dont't care about getting kicked or hurt, and walk over to the bus stops. Wouldn't ya know the bus stop for SSR was all the way across the lot. So we finally make it. The mother from our familair family comes up to me (at this point DD is whining and wailing, she had stopped thrashing) and takes her from me without a word. She then sits on the ground with DD, gently shhhing her and rocking her. She tells me that I need a break.

I guess the shock of a stranger holding her calmed DD down. The family told us not to be embarrassed, because these things happen. The mom even carries DD on the bus for me -- note I was not freaking out over some strangers because they had become quite familair to us since we met them two days before. We were all at the same bus stop area, so someone running off with her was not a concern. I saw it as a helpful gesture.

The bus took FORVER to come, but on the ride back to SSR DD fell asleep. We got back to SSR and my husband apologized for his attitude, and told me he'd watch DD while I could go shop at DTD. Later he took DD to the pool while I was at DTD.

I was so grateful to this family who did their little piece to try and help us the best they could. We saw them the next day ont he bus to MK and the mom said to my DD "You look much better today" and DD nodded and gave her a hug. Even the couple's older kids talked with DD and played with her on the bus as we rode to MK.

It was an awful day/moment, but this family made it so much better. Rather than having a family make rude comments, they were understanding about what had occured.

Note: Some of you may be thinking that DD needed a nap or that we tried to do too much. We did very little. DD slept in that morning until 8:30 (we usually get up early at Disney) and all we had done was watching Playhouse Disney. We have gone to WDW five times in the past two years and DD NEVER has had a meltdown such as this. It was just a freak thing. On our last trip in Feb, she even remembered havign the meltodwn and told me "Mommy, I not cry this time at DisneyWorld." Awwww. Anyway, we have another trip next week. WOOT!

My oldest DS was 11 at the time of our trip. He has Asperger's and his major area of interest is trains. As a Christmas present, DH took him on the Steam Train tour at MK. Our 8 year old son was too young for the tour at the time and not into trains so he and I spent the morning in Fantasyland together. After the tour, we all met up and DS was proudly sporting his Steam Train Tour badge. The only way to get the badge is to take the tour so he was very proud to have such a unique souvenier and wanted to wear it all day.

We were standing by the railing looking into the castle moat when the unthinkable happened. DS leaned on the railing right about where his badge was pinned to his shirt. It somehow came unpinned and fell into the moat!!! Losing a train badge is a full-blown disaster to a boy with Asperger's! I could see a melt-down coming on so I reassured him that I would get him another one. I was confident that the CMs at City Hall would be able to help out. My son thought we were going to City Hall to sign up for another tour so he could get a badge. I told him to wait outside with DH and his brother while I waited in line. I explained the situation to the CM. He disappeared for a minute and came back with a brand new train tour badge! I came out with the badge behind my back and then showed it to him. He was so excited! He yelled, "Thank you Disneyworld! I love you!" at the top of his lungs. He got a few strange looks but mostly smiles from the crowd around us. We happily watched Wishes before leaving the park, although DS insisted his new badge stay safely in my bag!!! He'll be turning 15 in a few weeks and still has that badge displayed in his room!:)

We were in WDW during the famous '09 Week of Rain. We arrived on Sunday, the rain started Monday, and by Wednesday we had travelled offsite and got some rather pricy raincoats at Sports Authority, we were so over ponchos by then. We had a great time slogging through the rain, but the funniest part was my DD7 sneaking up behind us as we were walking and just kicking the water into the back of our legs as she walked. It became the family joke that week, one of us would casually get behind another and start kicking the water, to see how long it took to notice. Those raincoats saved our vacation, we were warm and dry (except our legs, LOL) all week! We have sinced used them quite a bit at Disney, they roll up and fit into the kids backpacks just great, and they are referred to as our Disney raincoats!

amzking: Isn't it funny how most of these stories involve getting rained out, or dealing with hurricanes (!!!), and it makes for some great memories anyway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter