• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Western/downtown Disney

EEYORERULES

Go Leafs Go
HAS ANYONE EVER STAYED AT THE BEST WESTERN IN DOWNTOWN DISNEY? I HAVE A RESERVATION THERE FOR MAY FOR $39/NIGHT BUT I KEEP HEARING MIXED REVIEWS. WE STAYED AT THE ALL STAR MOVIES LAST TIME WE WENT SO IF THIS HOTEL IS NOT VERY NICE THEN I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE.

I stayed there in Nov 2000 and it was very nice. The room was very large and comfortable. No theming whatsoever!!!!! I've also stayed at the Courtyard and Hilton. No theming there either!! We stayed onsite for the first time this past January at the ASMo in the Toy Story section. How much is the All-Stars during the time you are going??? Can you use any codes on mousavers.com??? In comparing the two experiences I would have to say, the DD hotels have larger rooms and more amenities, but the ASMo was "way more funner"!!!!! The food court, store, arcade, pool bar, themed rooms and grounds, bus service...all excellent!!!! I did have an excellent rate there-$49, but we LOVED it!!! Request to be near the main pool. It had more of a "resort" feel, where the DD hotels feel like hotels.

Housekeeping at ASMo also arranged our stuffed animals and made cute things with our towels ,etc. Very nice to come home to!

Where did you get that good rate at if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get another day added to the beginning of my stay at the Wilderness Lodge but if I can't I need a hotel for one night. I was thinking of either the Royal Plaza Hotel or the Best Western. I only have to be there one night so themeing isn't important to me. Thanks!

I stayed at the Best Western last month and don't really have anything bad to say about it.
The rooms were old but spacious and I really like the balcony. Try to request for a room on the higher floors facing downtown disney.

I was also able to buy tickets at the hotel lobby and the customer service rep was helpful. The downtown Disney bus was also adequate in getting us around

Hope that helps

eeyorerules,

Just curious, when are you going in May? I just checked the dreams unlimited website for May 3rd and got a rate of $109 a nite for Best Western.

TO: DISNEYROYS

I BOOKED THROUGH DREAMS UNLIMITED BACK IN JANUARY SO THAT IS MOST LIKELY THE REASON WHY I GOT THE LOW RATE OF $39/NIGHT. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LOW RATE TRY THE COURTYARD IN DOWNTOWN DISNEY. THEY USED TO HAVE A RATE OF $50/NIGHT ON THE WWW.EXPEDIA.COM SITE & YOU CAN BOOK THAT HOTEL ALSO THROUGH DREAMS UNLIMITED BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE RATE IS ON THERE. GOOD LUCK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter