Best Week to Visit in Feb. for Crowds?

nerdydisneygirl90

Mouseketeer
Hi, I was planning on visiting in late Jan. but something else came up, what would you all suggest for a good week in Feb. with usually lighter crowds? I've only ever gone in November, December and April so this is a different experience for me.

Our best trips have always been in February. Light to moderate lines (wish for a few cold days - that tended to clear out a lot of people). We rode a lot of the long lined rides repeatedly without getting out of the vehicle. Splash Mountain - a lot less fun on the 4th consecutive time. 8th time on Barnstormer - ready to kill those chickens with my bare hands.

You should avoid President's Day weekend - other than that - it's the best month in the parks.

Valentine's Day was fun when we were there a few years ago. All of the face characters were dressed up and with their significant other. Things like Belle (yellow dress) and Beast (full dress outfit) outside at France in Epcot, Mulan with LiShang, Cinderella with Prince Charming, etc. I am not sure if they still do that. Bert was even with Mary Poppins.

Honestly, anytime in February is going to feel much better compared to the times you've gone. Have fun!

OP, we are going in February for the first time, too. We usually go in November or early December, but circumstances caused to change to Feb. I researched the events in WDW during this time, and felt the first 2 weeks were the best. I guess President's Day is awful, and there is a marathon towards the 3rd week, there is also Mardi Gras, and I think there is something else, but can't remember right now?
That was enough to sway me to the first of Feb. Can't wait to see if we like this time more than Nov.

Depends also where you are staying. If at values then end of February is much better.

President's Week is usually school vacation for most of the Northeast. Many families head to Disney

Is there a reason the resorts are basically sold out for Feb 6-12? I realize it is getting to be last minute, but for a slow time, there are very few rooms available. Most are DVC or expensive views at Deluxe.

Is there a reason the resorts are basically sold out for Feb 6-12? I realize it is getting to be last minute, but for a slow time, there are very few rooms available. Most are DVC or expensive views at Deluxe.

Unless planning way in advance, the Disney Resorts are almost always booked solid. You can't gauge crowd levels by that. February will be colder than most of the year which will eliminate a lot of locals. I would also expect offsite hotels to have more vacancies than the rest of the year. But there is still enough to demand to fill the Disney Resorts so those are pretty much always going to be booked as you approach your dates.

These two events have a fairly significant effect on the value and, to a lesser extent, moderate resorts. My daughter participated back in the day and, while the effect on the parks is negligible, they can overrun the host resorts.

https://uca.varsity.com/Competitions/National-HS-Cheerleading-Championship

https://uda.varsity.com/Competitions/National-Dance-Team-Championship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter