Best way to visit resorts without a dining or room reservation?

I think you will need a reservation at Whispering Canyon and security gate will verify. Your title states you won’t have Resort or dining reservations . Currently All Disney is “ Capacity Mandate” That means limited amenities everywhere and Disney is having long lines just to handle their guest dining And transport needs . Everything you want to accomplish will require a lot and does not sound very enjoyable for your day even if weather is perfect.
Good luck
Yes, you are correct and we do have a reservation at Whispering Canyon. I failed to clarify that in the title. We actually are staying at Vero Beach and just driving over to show my brother in law the property such as we can. He is 70 years old and has never seen the place, so whatever we can do will be acceptable. I seriously doubt he will ever go again.

You only get 3 hours of parking if you're dining at a resort, though, so this isn't really doable.

Unless things have changed due to Covid, when I was there back in Feb they weren't monitoring cars or enforcing a "3 hr" rule. I had specifically asked when driving in for my reservation if I had a time limit, and most attendants, said, neh, you're good.

Yes, you are correct and we do have a reservation at Whispering Canyon. I failed to clarify that in the title. We actually are staying at Vero Beach and just driving over to show my brother in law the property such as we can. He is 70 years old and has never seen the place, so whatever we can do will be acceptable. I seriously doubt he will ever go again.

It sounds like you are planning a really nice day for him!

Unless things have changed due to Covid, when I was there back in Feb they weren't monitoring cars or enforcing a "3 hr" rule. I had specifically asked when driving in for my reservation if I had a time limit, and most attendants, said, neh, you're good.
That sounds encouraging. We will be sure to ask when we get there. If this is still holding true, we are gold! Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like you are planning a really nice day for him!
Trying to. He had agreed to come with us last December. We had theme park view 2 bedroom at BLT. He backed out as we got nearer to the date. We think he has reservations about riding things and has the idea that is all there is to Disney (think: carnival). We have assured him there will be no rides this time other than possibly a boat ride, monorail and the gondola. Not sure if he is good with the gondola yet, but he is with the others. Once he sees the place, we hope he has a better understanding of all the things WDW offers in addition to "just rides" and might want to come back with us later on 2021/22.

"which will take you to the Epcot area in which you can walk to the Beach Club/HS/Gondolas."
You only get 3 hours of parking if you're dining at a resort, though, so this isn't really doable.
Plus, even when the Epcot monorail is running, wouldn't you need park passes and reservations, just to get to Beach Club?

I LOVE WL and am glad you’re including it. Geyser Point (if open) would be a better place for lunch, IMO.

OK, we think we are set. We were able to get a reservation at Beaches and Cream for 4:15. I was able to move the reservation for Whispering Canyon to 11:45. so, we will drive to WL for lunch, then take the boat to Magic Kingdom where we will take the monorail to GF. Then back to Magic Kingdom and boat to WL. Then drive to Beach Club for the Beaches and Cream reservation. This will probably just be for a sundae or something like that, not a meal. Then we should have time to take the Skyliner trip to Hollywood Studios and hopefully, the boat back. Time permitting, we can explore the Boardwalk area along with the Beach Club resort and maybe walk up to the EPCOT rear entrance. I thank everyone for their insight and realize this is not the ultimate introduction to Disney for my brother in law, but it should either whet his appetite or turn him completely off to a proper future trip, maybe Christmas of 2021. Again, my thanks...,

OK, we think we are set. We were able to get a reservation at Beaches and Cream for 4:15. I was able to move the reservation for Whispering Canyon to 11:45. so, we will drive to WL for lunch, then take the boat to Magic Kingdom where we will take the monorail to GF. Then back to Magic Kingdom and boat to WL. Then drive to Beach Club for the Beaches and Cream reservation. This will probably just be for a sundae or something like that, not a meal. Then we should have time to take the Skyliner trip to Hollywood Studios and hopefully, the boat back. Time permitting, we can explore the Boardwalk area along with the Beach Club resort and maybe walk up to the EPCOT rear entrance. I thank everyone for their insight and realize this is not the ultimate introduction to Disney for my brother in law, but it should either whet his appetite or turn him completely off to a proper future trip, maybe Christmas of 2021. Again, my thanks...,
The Friendship boats are not currently running, so you won't be able to take the boat back to Beach Club, but the rest of the plan sounds great!

The Friendship boats are not currently running, so you won't be able to take the boat back to Beach Club, but the rest of the plan sounds great!
Didn't know that about the Friendship boats. Thanks for the heads up. Time permitting, we may just walk. If not, then the Skyliner for sure. Might have to knock him out to get him on it
(like the ATeam use to do to Mr. T), but hopefully, all will go well. We are hoping we can get back to Vero Beach before dark so DW can walk the beach that she looks forward to so much.

Thanks for the reply. No res at Beach Club for now. We are DVC owners. Will we still have to pay to park at DHS if we choose to do that?
Being a DVC owner doesn't give you free parking at the theme parks. Staying at a DVC resort gives you free parking at the theme parks (plus staying at any Disney resort).
Since you have a reservation at Vero Beach DVC resort, you can park for free at the theme parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter