Best way to go to EPCOT from BCV

Hi Diane,

Not sure if it changed recently, but we were able to do that in August. We were staying at OKW and used BCV valet to get to WS. We did it twice and neither the valet or parking attendant questioned it.

Maybe we just got lucky and they weren't supposed to do that, but we didn't have any issues with it.

MinnieMe67 said:
... We also found that we could avoid the uphill climb of that bridge by walking along the canal. It was a very easy walk, even with the grandparents and kids. ...

I raced my husband and son by going under the bridge and we tied. So it doesn't take any longer and you don't have to go up the hill. Good idea.

CarnotaurDad said:
Hi Diane,

Not sure if it changed recently, but we were able to do that in August. We were staying at OKW and used BCV valet to get to WS. We did it twice and neither the valet or parking attendant questioned it.

Maybe we just got lucky and they weren't supposed to do that, but we didn't have any issues with it.
I wonder if that was because of valet? We have always just gone to the regular parking lot with our parking pass from OKW, and were told we could only park for 3 hours. Maybe if we try valet it would be different.

travelbug said:
The short walk to Epcot (IG) is one of the things I like best about BCV. There's nothing like watching Illuminations and then being back at the resort in mere minutes. :) I also think that the walk is really picturesque, not counting the snake of course. ;)

Exactly, its close to an hour to get to the EPCOT entrance, wait for a packed bus and get to your resort/room compared to under 10 minutes to your BCV room after Illuminations. You can also leave your BCV room 10 minutes before an EPCOT PS or FP time were you need to leave 30 minutes to an hour or more to make it from bus only resorts.

There are signs posted at the entrance to the YC/BC that they do not provide parking to access the parks.

I guess the rest is up to the guest.

dianeschlicht said:
I don't think they will let you do that anymore. I think you will only be able to get a dining pass now.

Yes, still do-able.

Hi Diane,

You might be right. One of the things we love about DVC is the free valet at BCV. It is well worth the tip for the valet to be able to drop the car off and walk in IG.

Exactly, its close to an hour to get to the EPCOT entrance, wait for a packed bus and get to your resort/room compared to under 10 minutes to your BCV room after Illuminations.
That depends a bit on the time of year. We are usually taking the bus from Epcot to OKW after Illuminations, but it has never taken us an hour to get back to the resort. Illuminations is over at about 9:20, and we are usually back in our OKW room by 10. Of course, that isn't true on NYE, but it is most times when we are there.

We used to do the park at BC and walk in through IG too until they started putting that time limit on the parking. Maybe we will have to try that using valet next time. I certainly don't relish that sardine crowd that moves in baby steps on New Years Eve. Of course, we do know a lot of short cuts that quite a few of the guests don't know about, but it is still pretty crowded on NYE when you are trying to make it to the front of the park.

DH and I usually stay at BWV and enjoy walking to Epcot and MGM. I don't think it's much farther from IG to FW than it is from the bus stops at the front entrance to FW.

dianeschlicht said:
That depends a bit on the time of year. We are usually taking the bus from Epcot to OKW after Illuminations, but it has never taken us an hour to get back to the resort. Illuminations is over at about 9:20, and we are usually back in our OKW room by 10. Of course, that isn't true on NYE, but it is most times when we are there.

Thats not too bad but its still 30 minutes longer at best and annoying, and to hit a PS at EPCOT you need to leave your room an hour before instead of 10 minutes, you may wait 15 to 45 minutes just to get on a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter