Best way to go to EPCOT from BCV

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
1st time at BCV. Do you walk to EPCOT? I am wondering what that International Gateway boat is? Where does it come from?
Thanks for the advice.
I am going with a 5yo, 4yo & 2yo. But we have strollers for them all!!

By the time you walk to the boat dock at the YC, you could have walked to the International Gateway. So walk to the IG. There is a sidewalk that goes along the outside of the BC itself that will take you to the sidewalk that goes to the IG. It's a short walk. It's only a standard sidewalk width, so you won't be able to walk your stroller side by side.

Ok, so is the international gateway the only way to walk from BCV to EPCOT? Can I walk to the entrance (FW area)?
I want to go to FW 1st & then hit WS. If I take IG I'll have to back track.
If there is NO way to get to FW other then IG, I guess I could take IG & turn right to France & maybe work my way around WS & then walk across from Mexico to Canada & UK bypassing all of FW. I just didn't want to have to do all the countries in one evening. I wanted to do a bit of FW & then half of WS & then go back again to finish the other side of FW & WS. I guess I can do WS in one evening & then do FW during EMH.
So many options, so little time!
I just want to know if I can walk from BCV to the FW entrance of EPCOT (where the leave a legacy tiles are & the giant golf ball is!!)

For us, walking to epcot was the way to go. Even though the walk is a quick one, there is one short-cut that we liked. It was to walk-around the outside of BC on the woods-side. From the BCV villas front entrance, take the first left (I.e. do not enter BC near the marketplace). Take first right and follow the walkway turning around the building. This will drop you out right at the foot of the bridge to epcot.

Taking the road less traveled allowed us to see a few rabbits, some ducks, and a few salamander/lizards. The kids thought it was great.

There is no way to enter the FW entrance from BCV. Unless, if you take a bus to say MK and then catch the monorail back. That could take a while.

The only way to Epcot from the Epcot resorts is through the International Gateway. Or you can take a cab or drive to the main entrance. You can't walk this.

When you enter the park through the IG, head to the left, past Great Britain and Canada. You'll be very close to Future World at that point. If you enter in the AM, none of the World Showcase will even be open until after 11AM.

When you go in early in the AM (before WS opens) the CM's direct you to the left towards England and Canada and you have to turn into FW.

From BCV you could catch a bus to MK, then get on the monorail to TTC and then switch to the Epcot monorail to enter from the front of FW - but it is a round-a-bout way in my opinion.

Part of the beauty of BCV is walking into Epcot via IG. The walk way is very wide so there is plenty of room. If you walk directly along the waterway - then it is normal sidewalk width.

watch out for that snake near the pathway heading to the villas!
We saw it a few times while there Aug 21-27

When taking the boat, not only is it the same distance to the boat dock as to the IG, but once on the boat (if that's the way you choose to go), you have to ride over to BWV before you get to the IG. Unless the boats change the way they go, one day I sat on my balcony at BWV (for hours I watched) and noticed-every boat from Y&B stops at BWV before going to IG. Yes, we DVCers sometimes lead exciting lives!
What is exciting though is that not only can you see a snake on the path behind BCV, you can also see one sometimes by the bus stop. There's one that gets up from the canal, then gets "stuck" inside the paved walkway. Boy, that one got the ole heart rate up!

ErinInCT said:
I just want to know if I can walk from BCV to the FW entrance of EPCOT (where the leave a legacy tiles are & the giant golf ball is!!)

Well, technically - you could go out the front exit of the BC, walk out to the road, and follow the signs to the Epcot parking lot and go in that way. But I dont' think that's really what you mean, huh? :goodvibes

Just joking!

It's really not that big a deal to go in IG. You just turn left and walk thru UK and Canada and the rose garden and there you are in FW.

And like everyone else has said - walking to the boat dock is in the opposite direction - walk to Epcot. Take the boat to MGM.

The short walk to Epcot (IG) is one of the things I like best about BCV. There's nothing like watching Illuminations and then being back at the resort in mere minutes. :) I also think that the walk is really picturesque, not counting the snake of course. ;)

Erin, have a wonderful time at BCV! I'm betting you will love it.

Geez, I didn't know until reading this thread that there is no bus service to Epcot! We'll be staying at BVC this December and I had thought we could alternate walking to Epcot when we want to visit WS and taking the bus to Epcot when we want to visit FW. So much for that. Sounds like it would take longer to bus to MK then take the monorail to Epcot.

That's part of the reason I don't see that staying at a resort that requires me to walk to two parks is necessarily a plus. Now, that being said, I also do not think the walk through the IG to FW is prohibitive either. You will walk it several times in a day of visiting the park anyway. I certainly would NOT take the bus to MK and the monorail to Epcot just to avoid that walk. You wouold be walking just as far or farther by the time you get down from the monorail station!

The best way to go "in the front gate" at Epcot when you are staying at BCV is to go from another park. If you are not in a rush to get there in the early morning, go to MK for breakfast and then get on the monorail, ride over to TTC and switch to the monorail for Epcot. This way you get to walk in the front gate.

This is not meant to poke fun at anyone!!!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that THE best reason to stay at any of the Epcot resorts was the location....Walking right into Epcot & really close to the Studios....It's wonderful!

This thread really reminded me of something that I read in the Unofficial Guide. In the book, they publish many many quotes from the reader's letters & one that always struck me as really funny was from someone who stayed at either the Beach Club or Boardwalk & was very put out that Disney didn't offer bus service to the main entrance of Epcot. I wish I had the book handy, because I can't quote it precisely, but it went a little something like this......

You must warn your readers that Disney offer's no direct transportation to the main entrance at Epcot from the Boardwalk/Beach Club. It is terribly inconvenient to be forced to walk through World Showcase when we want to start our day in Future World and it's difficult to walk back when we're tired from being in the parks all day......

Anyway, like I said, I didn't repeat it verbatim, but every time I read that quote in the book, I can't help but chuckle.

Sorry if anyone is offended.....

I'm not offended. DH and I love walking. But when planning I was trying to think of days when it would be easier to take a ride to or from the front entrance of Epcot with DS (17 months) instead of walking via the international gateway. With him so young the only place in FW that we would visit is the Living Seas and it just looks like more of a trek on the map via walkinig. At least now I know! So there is no bus from BCV to MGM as well (since there are the boat and walking options)?

Yep, no bus from BCV to MGM. Although the boat is pleasant it is very slow. We usually drive to MGM. We do take the boat at least once per trip as DS2 loves it.

And the walk from BCV to Living Seas really isn't much farther if at all than the opposite side of WS.

Have a great trip!

IG is the way to go after the fireworks!! I am thinking of driving to BC from OKW and just do WS..... (seems do-able to me, is it?)

The walk from German back to the front gate of Epcot is positively grueling after a long day.

dianeschlicht said:
That's part of the reason I don't see that staying at a resort that requires me to walk to two parks is necessarily a plus. Now, that being said, I also do not think the walk through the IG to FW is prohibitive either. You will walk it several times in a day of visiting the park anyway. I certainly would NOT take the bus to MK and the monorail to Epcot just to avoid that walk. You wouold be walking just as far or farther by the time you get down from the monorail station!

I have to agree and have always thought when some would put down OKW and SSR for not being close to a park, the only closeness I really have experienced is the view.

Some of the furthest rooms at BW take longer for a guest to get to Spaceship Earth and some rooms at BCV to MGM, than a guest near a bus stop at either SSR or OKW.

In fact in a thunderstorm I will take that bus to OKW and SSR anyday over the walk back to BCV. ;)

All of the DVC resorts have their charm and I like them all, but transportation to me is about an even wash at any of them.

We've stayed at the BCV the last two years, when our kids were 3yrs & 18months and 4yrs & 2 1/2yrs, and did not find the walk through the IG to FW via the WS (United Kingdom and Canada) bad at all. We took our time and enjoyed the sights, it was very nice. We honestly did not even consider the lack of a bus to FW.

There was a short cut walkway around the BC so you did not have to go all the way back to the lobby of the BC. When walking towards the BC from the BCV there was a sidewalk on the left about halfway there. If you follow that sidewalk around the BC (through a couple of gates) it let you out right by the bridge over to the IG. We also found that we could avoid the uphill climb of that bridge by walking along the canal. It was a very easy walk, even with the grandparents and kids.

Enjoy your stay at the BCV, it is our home away from home and we love it there! :love:

SueOKW said:
IG is the way to go after the fireworks!! I am thinking of driving to BC from OKW and just do WS..... (seems do-able to me, is it?)

The walk from German back to the front gate of Epcot is positively grueling after a long day.
I don't think they will let you do that anymore. I think you will only be able to get a dining pass now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter