Best Way to Get from GCH to SNA Thursday a.m.?

We are staying one night at GCH after a 14 night cruise. Are there minivan taxis readily available? Sounds like this would be much cheaper than the Disneyland Express, but I know we will need a minivan with all of our luggage!

Yes, when you arrive at John Wayne it is very easy to get a mini-van taxi.

Is there a way to get this same flat rate when you are arriving at SNA and going to GCH?

Nope. Flat rate is only from Disneyland and that is partly due to regulations that tack on added costs for taxis & shuttles originating AT the airport.

The airport gets their pound of flesh.

We still bring DS's booster because we take a taxi but if you want to avoid having to bring your son's then you will have to take the Disneyland Resort Express bus. As far as I am aware, all other methods of transportation require a booster for children under 8.

If you reserve with 4Most Coach, Karmel or Zippy Shuttle and specify when you make the reservation that you need a car seat, they will provide one.

Taxis, SuperShuttle and PrimeTime Shuttle will not.

18-20% is typical. I usually tip $8-10. That can depend on how many are in your party etc. There have been times when I only tipped $5.

Proper tipping for a cab is considered 10%, but some people (like me) tip a bit more. On a $35 flat rate I'd tip $5. If we had 4 people and 10 pieces of luggage I might tip $10.

Proper tipping for a cab is considered 10%, but some people (like me) tip a bit more. On a $35 flat rate I'd tip $5. If we had 4 people and 10 pieces of luggage I might tip $10.

I would have to disagree with this figure. Standard tipping is now 15-20% for taxis.

I'm not sure about that. I tipped 20% for a taxi from Park Vue Inn to LGB and the cab driver argued with me that the tip was too much.

I'm not sure about that. I tipped 20% for a taxi from Park Vue Inn to LGB and the cab driver argued with me that the tip was too much.

For one person, I can see that. If you're a party of 5 and have several pieces of luggage, 10% would be skimpy. But if you look it up, you'll see the standard is 15-20%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter