Best way to find discounts during busy time?

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
We are planning on going to Universal during the first week of August (yay!!!) and would love to stay onsite this time. I've been searching for discounted rates in all of the usual places but everything is priced the same right now, in other words too high!

I could really use some suggestions. Could it be worthwhile to get the Entertainment Book and try for a discount for August? Could there be more discounts when the dates get closer? I don't have a way to join the fan club or else I'd try that. Any thoughts?

To check rates, go to the Loews Hotel Website

Click on the the hotel that you're interested in (on the left side of page).

Click on "reservations" on the top of the page. A new window will open up.

Enter your dates and use the following codes in the promotion box:

• ENT = Entertainment
  • APH = Annual Passholder
  • FAN = Fan Club
  • AAA = Triple A
I'm getting RPR for $164 with the Fan Club card for 7/31-8/7. HRH comes up at $187 and PBH is $202.

Or you can go to the entertainment.com website and input your dates there to see if any of the Universal Hotels come up at a discounted rate. You don't have to be a member to make the ressie but you will need a membership card when you check in. For 7/31-8/7, I'm getting the Hard Rock for $249/night to come up.

You can also try Hotelkingdom.com . I'm finding HRH for $249, PBH for $269 and RPR for $219 for the same dates (7/31-8/7).

In all honesty, your best rates would be with the Fan Club card or an annual pass. To get a Fan Club card, try contacting tinkerbarb. She's been great about sending them to DISboard members who ask.

Thanks for the info. You've solved the mystery on how everyone keeps checking for the different rates. The fan club eh? I'll see what I can do! :)

I just found $175 for RPR during my dates using AAA. I also found $188 with APH, $202 using Fan Club and $215 using AAA at PBH. I may just go with RPR and then all I have to do is join AAA. I do appreciate this!

Funny how the HRH is immovable.

im new here, what is the fanclub rate. and how do you go about getting it. thanks, always learning something new here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter