• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Way to DLR from the Airport?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

Things have changed a bit since the time I was catching rides from the airport (wether it be LAX or SNA) to Disneyland. Back in the old days, I’d either take the Disneyland Resort Express (which I believe is now defunct) or a SuperShuttle (which apparently exists, but not like they used to??). SuperShuttles from LAX or SNA to Ball Rd. behind the parks (where my hotel is booked) are looking to be $98 USD or something outrageous like that for a SHARED ride… I definitely remember riding in the shared blue vans back in the day and a round-trip didn’t cost ANYWHERE near that much!! Taking an Uber or Lyft I’m sure would be pricey, no idea if it is just as pricey as that expensive shuttle…

But does anybody have an actual method for AFFORDABLE transportation (preferably round-trip) from the airport to the Disneyland area hotels? Like, at $98 or whatever, I’d rather rent a car at the airport and drive over to Universal to experience Super Nintendo World and then drive on down to Anaheim after closing time and return the car at a rental agency down there instead.

Thoughts and ideas?

Thanks!

I would highly recommend flying in to SNA or LGB if you can. You may pay more, but the ride to the resort will be cheaper and a lot faster. I use ride-shares (Uber of Lyft, whichever one comes in lower). Sometimes taxis are around the same price or you can find a flat-rate fare.

Edited to say that I don't have any recent experience from LAX. I'm sure others will suggest good options.

I would highly recommend flying in to SNA or LGB if you can. You may pay more, but the ride to the resort will be cheaper and a lot faster. I use ride-shares (Uber of Lyft, whichever one comes in lower). Sometimes taxis are around the same price or you can find a flat-rate fare.

Edited to say that I don't have any recent experience from LAX. I'm sure others will suggest good options.

My flight home will be out of LAX, that’s already been booked (booked separately as a one-way) However, my flight in is still TBD.

Do you have a direct flight option back to your home airport from SNA or LGB? If so, I'd definitely consider that unless it's way more $$$.

Hopefully, others will offer suggestions for LAX.

Hey all,

Things have changed a bit since the time I was catching rides from the airport (wether it be LAX or SNA) to Disneyland. Back in the old days, I’d either take the Disneyland Resort Express (which I believe is now defunct) or a SuperShuttle (which apparently exists, but not like they used to??). SuperShuttles from LAX or SNA to Ball Rd. behind the parks (where my hotel is booked) are looking to be $98 USD or something outrageous like that for a SHARED ride… I definitely remember riding in the shared blue vans back in the day and a round-trip didn’t cost ANYWHERE near that much!! Taking an Uber or Lyft I’m sure would be pricey, no idea if it is just as pricey as that expensive shuttle…

But does anybody have an actual method for AFFORDABLE transportation (preferably round-trip) from the airport to the Disneyland area hotels? Like, at $98 or whatever, I’d rather rent a car at the airport and drive over to Universal to experience Super Nintendo World and then drive on down to Anaheim after closing time and return the car at a rental agency down there instead.

Thoughts and ideas?

Thanks!
FWIW, I took Uber from SNA to my hotel (Homewood Suites) on S Harbor last month and the cost, before tip, was about $28. Taking Lyft for the reverse trip cost about the same. I don't imagine a hotel on Ball Road would cost much more than that. I offer that as a price point, not necessarily a recommendation.

On our trip a couple of weeks ago my DH and I flew into SNA. I compared Lyft and Uber prices and Lyft came in a little cheaper to take us over to the DLR area. With tip it came to $28.66.

For our trip back I rented a one way car from Enterprise on Harbor Blvd - walked over there in the morning to pick it up. We needed to change hotels for our last night because the room went up 3x the price. We used that opportunity to drive up to Joshua Tree National Park, get In-n-Out, and move to our new hotel for our last night. Returned the car to SNA the next morning. The one way rental using my work’s contract was $75.

When pricing transportation I always add my airfare and ground transportation together. That way I can determine if flying into LAX is cost effective. Most of the time it ends up really close and I end up choosing SNA because it is less hassle.

Keep in mind that ride shares now are accessed through a separate lot. Meaning at LAX you get a shuttle to the ride share lot. I believe at SNA you have to walk to the lot.

I miss the prices and the convenience of the before Covid days.

Just looking at Uber for some random pricing, LGB to Disneyland was $78 and the hotel we are looking at for later in our trip by Universal was like $100 to LAX (we are flying in to LGB and out of LAX due to direct flights/where we will be on our trip)
At those prices, trying to decide if a prebooked shuttle would be easier than hoping for good uber options.

for that price taxi and uber are your options.

we use Lansky, they are quite a bit more than your budget but get us where we need to go and are very professional.

My Uber trip from LAX to the Candy Cane Inn on Harbor (Feb.2 at 12:43 pm) cost $45.46 plus tip. I waited a couple minutes for the shuttle to the lot, then less than 5 minutes for the Uber. I only had carry on for the shuttle, but it might have been more difficult if I had a lot of luggage as the shuttle was packed!!

One more vote for rideshare. I can only speak to SNA, but when I took a Lyft from HoJo to SNA on a weeknight during rush hour (~5pm) a couple of weeks ago, it was only around $30 before tip, and the drive only took 25-30 minutes.

One more vote for rideshare. I can only speak to SNA, but when I took a Lyft from HoJo to SNA on a weeknight during rush hour (~5pm) a couple of weeks ago, it was only around $30 before tip, and the drive only took 25-30 minutes.
I am in the reverse situation. Any idea how bad traffic will be coming from SNA to Anaheim? I think a flat rate taxi would be better than Uber/Lyft just given the high chance of idling in rush hour traffic. Am I correct in my assessment?

I am in the reverse situation. Any idea how bad traffic will be coming from SNA to Anaheim? I think a flat rate taxi would be better than Uber/Lyft just given the high chance of idling in rush hour traffic. Am I correct in my assessment?

Lyft and Uber are a flat rate once you confirm your ride. So you can arrive at the airport, look at the prices for Lyft and Uber, then compare it to a flat rate taxi to make your decision. The price of your Lyft or Uber will not go up if you get stuck in traffic.

Your cheapest options from either airport is Lyft and Uber. I check both of them because the price can vary at the same time. (Lyft was $10 cheaper than Uber last November from SNA to DGC.)

Just did a trip yesterday (up and back on the same day) and in the morning we flew into Long Beach and landed just before 8 AM. My Uber app quoted $49 to Disneyland and a flat rate taxi was $47 so we actually took the taxi because they were basically the same price and the taxi were right there ready to go. I know on the way back to the airport Uber was much cheaper since it wasn't rush hour so with tip it was just under $30 back to the airport

Just did a trip yesterday (up and back on the same day) and in the morning we flew into Long Beach and landed just before 8 AM. My Uber app quoted $49 to Disneyland and a flat rate taxi was $47 so we actually took the taxi because they were basically the same price and the taxi were right there ready to go. I know on the way back to the airport Uber was much cheaper since it wasn't rush hour so with tip it was just under $30 back to the airport
Do you do regular Uber or XL? Family of 4 with luggage we usually need an XL, wasn't sure how much that would impact price.

Yeah it was just 2 of us with no luggage (just small backpacks since we didn't stay overnight) so it was just a regular Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter