Best Way To Appreciate Dvc Value

Lasrnw

lasrnw
What is the best way to appreciate the value of your DVC membership? Go on a 90 minute tour of another facility like DH & I did today. The accomodations were nothing to compare with any of the Disney properties, the exchange fees were substancially higher, maintenance fees higher, very little flexibility, and the price was much much higher than what we paid thru Disney for a comparable vacation. We gathered our gifts and walked out thrilled that we had chosen the Disney Vacation Club. Can you imagine they don't even say, "Welcome Home"!

It seems that you think the DVC is not a good value, but then you say you were thrilled that you had DVC, did I read this wrong? I love the club and I think it is a GREAT value over the next several years. We can only afford to purchase a small chunk then add to it as we get more financially stable in the future. If you visit WDW often, then this is a great deal over time. Right now, and for the 1st 5 years you may not see much savings, but later, the savings will be huge IMHO. Anyway, wanted to clarify. Glad you did the tour? We were! We got free meals, free ice cream and got a great idea of what DVC is.

I believe the original poster went on a tour of ANOTHER timeshare site, not DVC.

thelionqueen said:
It seems that you think the DVC is not a good value, but then you say you were thrilled that you had DVC, did I read this wrong? I love the club and I think it is a GREAT value over the next several years. We can only afford to purchase a small chunk then add to it as we get more financially stable in the future. If you visit WDW often, then this is a great deal over time. Right now, and for the 1st 5 years you may not see much savings, but later, the savings will be huge IMHO. Anyway, wanted to clarify. Glad you did the tour? We were! We got free meals, free ice cream and got a great idea of what DVC is.

The reasons to buy DVC are largely not calculable on a spreadsheet.

thelionqueen said:

I think you totally misunderstood the OP

I appreciate it each time I price a Deluxe resort room for the same length of stay. I also appreciate the value each time I don't have to put coins in a washer or dryer when staying DVC!

I appreciate it every time I don't have to play the "dialing derby" game to get a discounted room.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter