Best Walking Shoes

One that is fitted for me at a shoe store where a trained person will spend 45 minutes with me ensuring I get the best fit possible.

Everyone has differently shaped feet..even often on the same person! What one person finds comfortable another person might not. Always a good idea to visit one or more shoe stores to be professionally fitted.

What brad and type of shoe do you find best for long days of walking at the park?
Please don't make footwear decisions based on other people's feet. Everybody is different and what works for me will probably not work for you.

Instead, go to a store that carries a lot of different athletic-type shoes and try on shoes from different manufacturers. Go with the one that feels the best as you walk around the store.

Then comes the most important part - break them in before you go to Disney! Wear them for several days, 8+hours a day, so that you won't develop blisters or raw spots on vacation.

I agree with Ranger...make sure it has good support and most of all make sure you break them in for a long time. That way if they cause you any problems you will at least have time to get something else.

Your socks also need to be a wise choice..
On both I try and find fast drying footwear.

Do not bring new shoes!!!

I love my archfit by skechers

One broken ankle years ago, three foot surgeries, last one 2013 with a plate, six screws and two pins placed in foot. Why do I share?? As others have stated all feet are far different. You have to find what is good for you. I do best with high quality running shoes but I have friends that walk just as much and as far and wear flip flops or dressy sandals. We are late 50s to mid 60s in age.

Agree with the comments about making sure you have the right shoes for your feet and breaking them in prior to Disney.

That being said, I bought a pair of Teva sandals about 4 years ago and I wear them exclusively at Disney. They work really well for me, and my feet never hurt. I looked at chacos as well but they were too narrow for me overall. I recommend looking into a good pair of sandals (as well as sneakers if that's more your style) - my feet always feel really hot if I wear socks/sneakers at Disney, so the sandals are nice in that regard. The real reason though is that when it rains my feet dry off quickly and I don't have soggy socks and sneaks for the rest of the day.

Agree 100 % with the comments above about being fitted for the shoes. No one brand works for everybody. What I don't recommend are those rubber clogs. In Disney world I saw a man sitting on a park bench, shoes next to him and his feet a bloody mess from broken blisters. Said his wife had gone to get a wheelchair.

For years we’ve worn Chacos as our park shoes. They have good support, dry quickly, and as your feet swell the straps can be loosened. We still have to protect a few spots with moleskin to prevent blisters but all in all they work for us.

I’m a big fan of trail running shoes like Solomon (for lightweight but strong ankle support) with additional arch support plastics for long days. I hate the gel cushion heel supports as I don’t think they do squat for you.

As others have said, find someone who will fit your shoe to your foot. New Balance stores are usually good for taking the time to measure your feet and find a good fit.

As others have said, the most important point is to have shoes that are well-broken in!

I like Nikes for rope-drop mornings. Out of all the brands out there, Nikes fit my feet best, and I can move fast to the next ride! For evening fireworks/dinner, I will bring a pair of Sanuk yoga sling sandals. They are a little cuter, but are still very comfortable when we're doing more mosey-ing in the evenings.

Agree with the comments about making sure you have the right shoes for your feet and breaking them in prior to Disney.

That being said, I bought a pair of Teva sandals about 4 years ago and I wear them exclusively at Disney. They work really well for me, and my feet never hurt. I looked at chacos as well but they were too narrow for me overall. I recommend looking into a good pair of sandals (as well as sneakers if that's more your style) - my feet always feel really hot if I wear socks/sneakers at Disney, so the sandals are nice in that regard. The real reason though is that when it rains my feet dry off quickly and I don't have soggy socks and sneaks for the rest of the day.

Teva’s are the best…..for my feet!
Never even had to break them in, they just fit like Cinderella’s slippers! Haha!
They are my only choice when I walk distances in the summer. I’ll be wearing them on my next Disney vacation in 2022. I wouldn’t consider any other. Previously wore Birks, but they were doing something funny to my feet/toes after awhile and causing some pain, so I had to stop wearing them.

Whatever type of comfortable/well-fitting shoe that you enjoy walking in for long distances. There isn't any one brand/style/type of shoe that is best for everyone. If you don't like walking around in them at home, chances are walking MILES at Disney won't be enjoyable either.

Go to a running store and get properly fitted for the right shoes for your feet. That is the best advice I can recommend!

This, absolutely this, and the other posters on the thread. Do not buy shoes based on colors, you are not an 8-year old. Buy something that will support your feet and how you put them on the ground.

I run, and use my old running shoes after I've put 300-500 miles on them as my knock around/walking shoes, as they're fine for that kind of pressure but not running pressure. So, for me, running shoes are like buying 2 pairs for the price of one: when I get an especially garish color pair, it's even more fun because my family is then embarrassed by my highlighter-clad feet, and isn't bringing mild shame to your family the point of life?

Keeping in mind what everyone else here has said about finding the right shoes for your feet, I personally like Asics running shoes. I've also had a lot of luck with New Balance. My wife, on the other hand, loves her Brooks shoes. She found one pair she liked so much that she went out and bought three more identical pairs so she wouldn't have to "test drive" new shoes for quite a while.

I switch between New Balance 928 walking shoes and Nike running shoes. If I wear one pair, no matter what pair, my feet will have big issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter