? best view for Fantillusion & Enchanted Candleabration

Raci

DIS Veteran
We will be leaving in 5 days and I feel so unprepared :scared1:

I really need some help deciding the best places for us to see Fantillusion parade and Enchanted Candleabration. We only have one chance to see either of these and I have no idea where to stand.

We are quite happy to stand and wait in a good spot so busy areas won't a problem.

I'm not too sure what happens in fantillusion but I know my daughter will love the Disney Princess part the most so where is the best place to see this?

also for Enchanted Candleabration we would like a good view of the princess's on the stage but to still be able to see the other christmasy parts too. The regular candelabration we will be able to see on other nights.

I really have no idea at all what to expect from these 2 things, I really would appreciate everyones help :)

Fantillusion you can see from anywhere on the parade route. I like to be in place in plenty of time to stake out my space at the front.. :)

Candlebration... just in view of the stage.... a little way back i think is better than right there.... as you lose the perspective.

Personally I didnt like the enchanted version.. i much preferred the regular candlebration...

Fantillussion on the other hand is wonderful! :)

Wherever you stand for Candleabration (unless you are at the very front) you will have your view obscured by a dad with his child on his shoulders. That's just the way it goes at busy times, I'm afraid. We had one dad hoist his child up, so we shuffled slightly to the side so we could see again, only to find that he was alternating his children! 2 minutes on his left shoulder for his daughter followed by 2 on his right for his son.:rotfl: We didn't stand a chance.

The seating at the Fantasy stage is a good place to see Fantillusion parade as you'll see the transformation when "evil" tries to take over the light :)

The front 2 rows are reserved for children with parents invited to sit in rows behind their child :)

We nearly always watch the parades from the Castle stage seating area and always get a great view, the trick is to arrive quite early and sit in the 3rd row, Jaci could even sit directly in front of you in the 2nd row, if the space next to her or in front of her is empty when the CM removes the "reserved" signs you can move forward too.

We stood at the area by the entrance to Frontierland to watch OUAD and saw the Prince/Princesses come down from their float to dance, but they didn't actually walk down as far as us, if you were to stand further up nearer Adventureland entrance, I noticed that they went over to speak to children.

For the Enchanted Candelabration we stood on the pavement at the very top of Main Street, just as you go around to the entrance to Frontierland, to be honest it wasn't very crowded but with 3 or 4 rows of people around the stage it was impossible to see close up we got a better view from a distance and I had my niece on my shoulders for some of the time, sorry hildasmuriel ;)

Funny thing was Jessie kept asking me where the streamers stuck in the trees were from and I didn't know, but they're obviously from big party poppers let off at the end and one landed right by us, she was in her element collecting the shiny streamers up :)

I've seen both Candelabration and the Enchanted Candelabration and enjoyed both, the only thing you'll miss is the Flag dancers, but if DD is into the Princesses I'm sure she'll be much happier seeing them, and I loved the characters new Christmassy costumes, so festive and pretty.

Hope you both have a fabulous time :banana:

The seating at the Fantasy stage is a good place to see Fantillusion parade as you'll see the transformation when "evil" tries to take over the light :)
We nearly always watch the parades from the Castle stage seating area and always get a great view, the trick is to arrive quite early and sit in the 3rd row, Jaci could even sit directly in front of you in the 2nd row, if the space next to her or in front of her is empty when the CM removes the "reserved" signs you can move forward too.
Thanks everyone! :)

Is fantasy stage and castle stage the same one? The stage that says 'once upon a time' on it? :confused: And is this the stage where the princesses will dance in enchanted candleabration?

Where abouts is the fantilusion stop when the princesses appear? or maybe I'm misunderstanding how fantilusion works :confused3

Thanks Jill for the tip about OUAD I didn't even realise it stopped so we will definatly watch it from there.

I feel so unprepared!!! :scared:

they dont stop in fantillusion.. the floats just carry on.. there is one with the princesses on it.. (or is it two?).. anyway.. they are there :)

If it's the same as WDW, we saw the parade midday in Frontierland and grabbed front row spots with less than 10 mins to the parade... Main Street was absolutely rammed.

I'll definitely be watching from Frontierland in DLRP - Main Street is waaay too crowded for me!

The castle stage is around the side of the castle, it's below the AP office near the entrance to Discoveryland, there is a large stone seating area.
This photo was taken from there.
ouadparade4.jpg

I might be mistaken but I don't think there was a stop during Fantillusion, I remember seeing the villains stop around Central Plaza in 2004, but not in November this year.

The enchanted Candelabration takes place on this one, at the top of Main Street.
castlestage.jpg

Thanks Jill, the pics really help :)

The stage with the 15's on is the one that said 'once upon a time' when I was there so that one wil be easy to find.

I found last years map and looked up the Royal Castle Stage, I don't remember seeing it :rolleyes1 but it looks like its half way between main street and where we stood to see Princess Parade (opp Bella Notte). How on earth I didn't see a complete stage and seating area is beyond me though :rotfl:

I'll definitely be watching from Frontierland in DLRP - Main Street is waaay too crowded for me!

No!!!! :eek: Don't wait there, DLRP's parade doesn't go near Frontierland ~ it runs from Fantasyland round Central Plaza and then down Main Street going round Town Square before it exits (or vice versa).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter