• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best view for deck parties?

Massic98

Earning My Ears
Hello all! We are sailing on the Wish in April (woohoo) and debating if it’s best to be on deck 11 for things like Set sail party and pirates night or to do deck 12? I imagine crowds are everywhere, just wondering if one offers a “better” view. Any insight is appreciated!! Thanks!

We usually go up to deck 12. It's less crowded and you can not only see the show better IMO but you can people watch as lots of people dress up on pirate night. I find it a little too crammed with people on deck 11. It will also be projected on the funnel vision so you don't need to be so close.

It depends on how involved you want to be in the party! Watching is nice up on deck 12, aft of the party deck. You'll be able to see the Funnel Vision and look down on the crowd. Depending on which party, remember that the AquaMouse may be open and running, which limits some of that space. If you get there early enough to stake out a spot along the railing, either side up on deck 12 is good.

Yep - look down for view. Pool deck to be IN the party. And you can change your location during the event. I tend to move around to get different views. I think that first time Sail Away is fun to be involved. Pirate Night is fun to see the people on stage.

Bon Voyage! Hope you have a Blast.

Yep - look down for view. Pool deck to be IN the party. And you can change your location during the event. I tend to move around to get different views. I think that first time Sail Away is fun to be involved. Pirate Night is fun to see the people on stage.

Bon Voyage! Hope you have a Blast.
So in general on any ship, is the deck above the pool deck a good location to watch Sail Away and other parties, if we don’t want to be part of the crowd?

It actually depends on your cruise sailing crowd levels to determine which would be the better deck. I originally was on the wonder for the Hawaii sailing and more people were on the higher deck so I went down to the main deck area and was right in the front side to view the pirate show and frozen show

Also it depends on when you want to go and get spots. If you get there early you can see and pick where you want to stand.

So in general on any ship, is the deck above the pool deck a good location to watch Sail Away and other parties, if we don’t want to be part of the crowd?
I think you can expect a crowd anywhere you are able to catch even a glimpse of the stage under the Funnelvision. The difference is the deck right above has less floor space (you have that missing space where the pool deck is open to the sky) so possibly fewer people overall (but not necessarily less crowded). The difference is angle - if you can get an opening, you can see the stage from above.

I still aim for the upper deck if I want to see anything. For Pirate’s fireworks, I go on the forward starboard side of the Funnelvision funnel. I am not interested in the stage show, but find that area sparsely populated during the fireworks.

Again, I move around to get my version of optimal viewing. While avoiding loud speakers.

I always like the upper deck to to watch.

We were on the Fantasy and thought we would go on the pool deck for the Pirate show. Big mistake they made everyone sit down it was terrible for my old bones and we could not get a good veiw of the fireworks because of the Aqua duck.

On our recent Thanksgiving Cruise on the Wish we watched the Sail Away Party on 12 and then Pirate Night on 11. In hindsight, we wished we had been on 11 for both. Our six little ones really enjoyed being "active" in Pirate night on 11. The rest of us stood with/around them without feeling too crowded. Great times!

Our six little ones really enjoyed being "active" in Pirate night on 11. The rest of us stood with/around them without feeling too crowded.
That's a good point. I feel that little ones might be better to be in the party on deck 11 as long as they're okay in a crowd because it is hard for them to see from deck 12 due to the height of the railing.

We always go for the upper deck on the left side of the ship. You have to get up there early to get a spot on the rail. I'm not a big fan of being in the middle of crowds so that's what we opt for. This past cruise we walked our kids down to the kids area so they could do the dance party part and we went up to the upper deck to watch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter