"Best" Use of a Counter Service Dining Plan Credit

The best use of a DP quick service credit to us is definitely Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. The menu is great and the food is delicous with big portions.. You order and sit and they serve you at your table. It really does feel like TS quality for being QS. My parents love this place so much, they went for dinner 3 times during our trip last year to try something different each time.

The best use of a DP quick service credit to us is definitely Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. The menu is great and the food is delicous with big portions.. You order and sit and they serve you at your table. It really does feel like TS quality for being QS. My parents love this place so much, they went for dinner 3 times during our trip last year to try something different each time.
That's certainly the best we've used in the past. The food there is certainly comparable to many table service places.

The coronado springs counter service is a must for us every trip. there have all different stations with something for everyone.

Tangerine Cafe in EPCOT is good as well. You can easily get a $20 meal there and it is really good.

in MK my favorite is tortuga tavern, the mexican is so good and SO MUCH and the toppings are amazing!! its not always open but we go over to pesco bills and can get the taco salad there too. but we also LOVE pinocchio cillage haus. we snag a table by IASM and watch the boats and the flatbreads are SO GOOD!!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but both the taco salad and toppings bars are gone from these locations.

As many people have mentioned above, WPE is a must do on the DDP. Great food, even better atmosphere, and even better than that food. Also as many people have mentioned above, the chicken/rib combo from Flame Tree BBQ is another must do on the DDP.

Others not mentioned yet:
- Fairfax Fare at HS also has a chicken and rib combo, but I have never ordered it, so I can't comment on it.
- I have had the chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Ray's in MK. The chicken and ribs were good, but wasn't much of a fan of the potatoes or vegetables that come with it. It was, still however, a good deal on the DDP.
- Spice-rubbed KARUBI Ribs at Harambe Market in AK seems like a good deal based on price alone.
- Angus bacon cheeseburger at Backlot Express in HS isn't necessarily great price-wise, but one often overlooked aspect of BE is self serve drink machines (same with Restaurantosaurus at AK which has an almost identical burger and self serve drink machines).
- Speaking of burgers, I always recommend the French Dip Burger at Electric Umbrella at Epcot. It is hands down the best burger I've ever eaten at a QS location. EU also has self-serve fountain drinks.
- Any of the Shawarma platters at Tangierine Café in Epcot are good values.
- Be Our Guest breakfast seems wildly overpriced to me, thus making it an excellent value on the DDP.
- The Karubi Style Short Ribs at Pecos Bill's is a good deal based on price.
- Columbia Harbour House in MK has the Lobster Roll and Grilled Salmon that are good uses of a credit.

These are just ones that are in the parks. I didn't even touch on the resorts. With the new flexibility in the QSDP it is fairly easy to make a really filling meal (or 2) out of almost any purchase. For example, now being able to substitute out any side for a drink or dessert, realistically you could order the chicken/rib combo at Cosmic Ray's then sub out the drink and dessert for two sides of fries and order two large waters.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but both the taco salad and toppings bars are gone from these locations.

WHAT?!?! since when?!?! i thought it was just the cheese sauce they were taking away?!?!?! why would they do that?!?!?!

Josh at easywdw wrote a post about Tortuga's new menu and mentioned the changes at both places.

Comic Ray's in the MK. The chicken and the chicken/rib combo is enough food for two of us to share.
Flame Tree BBQ in AK. The same can be said as Cosmic Ray's.
Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT. We like the variety that this place has for entrees and desserts.
We haven't really found anything that we really like at DHS. We don't usually eat a full meal there. We will grab a snack and have a table service meal later at EPCOT.

We don't use the DP, but my favorite CS meal is Tangerine Cafe in Epcot. My mother and I usually split one of the platters for lunch since they are so large.

This is a list of the average cost of a CS, so you can see which are the "best deal" financially. In my opinion, BOG breakfast may be the most expensive, but it doesn't look too filling to me. Their lunch however, specifically the slow cooked pork is very filling (3rd on the list). Another favorite of ours that is high on the list is Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)....very filling, delicious and fun.
QS Values.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter