Best Tshirt Iron On Transfer Brand?

becfehr

DIS Veteran
Ok, all you experts, ;) .... I am going to try to attempt to make my own tshirts for our upcoming trip. BUT... I wanted to know what Tshirt Transfer brand do you use, which is the best? I don't want it coming off after one wash. :(

THanks for your help! :)

The best one that is often mentioned on the Boards is www.amymickey.com I used several brands from Wal-mart, Hobby Lobby and Office Supply Stores that all cracked or the colors ran after the first wash.

I didn't have those problems with Amy Mickey's. The only thiing you should be aware with her transfers is that your iron can be too hot. I had red shirts that I was adding her transfers to and had my iron too hot so the red bled through. Just follow her instructions and you will be fine. I have washed my shirts several times and they still look good!

I would say most of us have used Amy's transfers. They are good quality and have lasted us (so far) 6-7 washes. We have only had then since late Aug. Here is a link to her web site,
http://www.amymickey.com/
If that doesnt look good to you. I have also used Avery brand transfers. You can buy them at any local Wal-Mart. They are of good quality too.

I agree! Amy's are the best! I just ordered some this morning!

When you print the shirt designs what size do you print them at 8x10 or 5x7 and how many transfers can you get on one sheet?

I made shirts last time and they cracked after the first wearing, which stinks after all the time and money we spent making them. Only 2 shirts lasted and that was because my dh really pressed and pressed it on.

I want to put the Mickey head where the outline is words on a red shirt. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2315287). I only want the design to show, not the empty space in the middle. With this design, cutting out the empty space is not an option. Any suggestions from the more experienced folks? Thanks a bunch. :flower3:

I think you are talking about the great design that Milliepie has been doing that is just black text. If there is not white in the design and you only want the black to show, you will want to use a light transfer. This will mean that the background is clear (or the short color). I do not use light transfers so I cannot suggest a brand but I am sure someone will have some knowledge of that and hopefully be around to answer that question.

When you print the shirt designs what size do you print them at 8x10 or 5x7 and how many transfers can you get on one sheet?

I made shirts last time and they cracked after the first wearing, which stinks after all the time and money we spent making them. Only 2 shirts lasted and that was because my dh really pressed and pressed it on.

The size of the design really depends on what size shirt you are putting it on and how big/little you want them to be. The sheets are 8 1/2 x 11 that work in your printer so you can fit as many as will fit on the sheet.

There is no need to have transfers that crack after the first wash. The ones I have on my webpage last through many many washes. I have some that have been washed 45 + times and they are just starting to crack.

I have tried lots of different ones, and many of them look great for our trip, then we come home and I wash them and they are awful. I have just recently ordered Amy's and they are wonderful! Hands down the best and easiest transfers I have used. Even my DD 14 commented on how easy it was to iron them on. We printed our disigns that we wanted through the weekend and ironed them all on in one evening. I will never use the others again. Go with AMY's!!

I am planning to use Amy's for my dark transfer sheets thanks to all the great recommendations here. However, I do have some designs that will require Light Transfer sheets. What brands seem to work best for light transfers, since Amy doesn't sell those?

I think I read on Amy's site that you can use the dark transfers for light ones too? As I am going to use white shirts I was wondering that same thing

I think I read on Amy's site that you can use the dark transfers for light ones too? As I am going to use white shirts I was wondering that same thing

According to Amy, the Dark transfers will have white everywhere there isn't actual color. I want the color of the shirt to show through in the middle of the pattern and that won't happen with the Dark transfers. Amy said I would need to get the Light ones, which she doesn't sell.

According to Amy, the Dark transfers will have white everywhere there isn't actual color. I want the color of the shirt to show through in the middle of the pattern and that won't happen with the Dark transfers. Amy said I would need to get the Light ones, which she doesn't sell.

YES!! I did not realize that the dark transfer was a HUGE WHITE BOX with your picture printed on top. (Like printing it on paper, and having the whole piece of paper sitting on your shirt.)

Anyway... I think that I can probably cut out my item from the dark transfer, but what about WORDS... you can't cut those out. What do ya'll do about that? Do you just cut out the words into a box, and use that? Or do you go with the light transfer? And if you use a light transfer, would BLACK LETTERS show on a RED shirt?

Here is an example... this one will be on yellow shirt. But making Christmas ones that will be on red shirts.
MINNIE_LSU_FACEBOOK_-_Page_001.jpg

Ok... sorry, I am kinda freaking about these shirts now. I have a really cute design, but when I tried the whole sheet of dark transfer on teh shirt... not crazy about the look.

Thanks for any help. :)

Definitely order from Amy Mickey. I used her transfers last year for our trip and we are still washing and wearing the shirts. They look just as good today as they did a year ago. I used them on both dark and white shirts.

do you use smaller images for toddler iron-ons? like 5 x 7? and if I get a Mickey head with red, will it show up ok on red t-shirts??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter