Best Transportation option hopping from DHS to MK?

PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
Our last day is 7/5. We plan to sleep in a little then head to DHS. I kind of want to hop to MK to see Happily Ever After that night to end our trip.

What is the easiest way to get from DHS to MK? What time would we need to leave to be at MK in time to be ready for HEA? (We do not need to secure a "perfect" viewing spot, but recommendations would be appreciated.)

What time would we need to leave DHS to make this happen? Thanks in advance!

I would be waiting for whichever transport option you choose (bus or Minnie Van) no later than 2 hours prior to HEA showtime (I would probably give it 2 1/2 to make it more leisurely). Whether you choose bus or Minnie Van, there is bound to be a wait and both transport options are a bit of a walk from both exits/entrances (then the walk down Main St.). So, for instance, if MK fireworks are at 9 pm (not sure what time they are actually scheduled that night). I would be at the DHS to MK bus stop or have scheduled the Minnie Van by 6:30 pm.

We plan to sleep in a little then head to DHS. I kind of want to hop to MK to see Happily Ever After that night to end our trip.
We have the same park plans for July 5. We have a 3:50pm ADR at Oga's Cantina and then will be leaving to head to MK for HEA & Extended Evening Hours. We plan to do the park-to-park bus and hope we arrive in time to join the 6pm Tron virtual queue.

I never knew about park to park buses! Wow - I will look into that.

We have the same park plans for July 5. We have a 3:50pm ADR at Oga's Cantina and then will be leaving to head to MK for HEA & Extended Evening Hours. We plan to do the park-to-park bus and hope we arrive in time to join the 6pm Tron virtual queue.
You don’t have to be in MK for the 6pm VQ. Just have to be at Deluxe.

You don’t need to be at the bus stops 2 hrs before fireworks start. 1 hour before would be fine. Remember, the OP said they don’t need a “perfect” viewing spot. Just get to the bus station at HS and get on any of these buses, whichever comes first….. direct to MK (best option), Contemporary and then walk, Poly / GF then take the monorail.

Agree with the park to park bus. That would be your easiest option. I would get on the bus at least 90 minutes before HEA starts. People will be starting to line up at least an hour before HEA starts. Otherwise, you could be way down Mainstreet to view.

Park-to-park buses usually run about every 20 minutes, but could take up to half an hour to show up.

I was thinking of renting a car from MCO. We’re doing Star Wars then 8days at Contemporary. Would it be quicker and easier to drive to Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs than to use Resort transportation ? Especially with early morning Enchanting Extras or Dining reservations?

I was thinking of renting a car from MCO. We’re doing Star Wars then 8days at Contemporary. Would it be quicker and easier to drive to Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs than to use Resort transportation ? Especially with early morning Enchanting Extras or Dining reservations?
Yes. In our experience, it's always quicker to drive to the parks and DS - for one thing, you eliminate having to wait for the next bus/boat etc. and are much more in control of your departure and arrival times. The only one we might not drive to is MK, but depending on time of day it's not unusual to take our car there either - we like riding the ferry! We are not rope drop guests, however.

Yes. In our experience, it's always quicker to drive to the parks and DS - for one thing, you eliminate having to wait for the next bus/boat etc. and are much more in control of your departure and arrival times. The only one we might not drive to is MK, but depending on time of day it's not unusual to take our car there either - we like riding the ferry! We are not rope drop guests, however.
Thanks so much, for sharing your opinion & experience. They really help with the choice of what to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter