Best transportation option from SNA to Disneyland

Choirmom

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving on July 8. We normally do Uber/Lyft, but I heard that it's crazy expensive right now. What would you recommend is the best option to get from the airport to DLR?

Another vote for taxis. But we are a family of five and a mini-van taxi is way better than Uber/Lyft XL, which can be a mini-SUV with a third row (and no room for luggage).

Taxis have dropped rates a bit in response to ride-share. I really think it's about equal right now. Even more so if there is surge pricing.

Always ask for the flat rate, just in case.

Honestly, I would just grab a cab… we did that Nov. 2019, I had a coupon from Yellow Cab’s own site for a 30 dollar flat rate that no driver would honor… (I didn’t know they had the option) but we ended up just paying like 40 bucks, and made it to the Grand in about 12 minutes. I’m sure many traffic laws were broken, lol, but it was the fastest we’ve ever gotten to our hotel from the airport…

Thanks everyone. There will be 4 of us. Do I need to call for a larger ride, or will cabs just be waiting...sorry, never taken a taxi from SNA before.

Just checked. An Uber is like $25-30. Wonder if the weekend is easier to get one.

Just checked. An Uber is like $25-30. Wonder if the weekend is easier to get one.

That's in line with what I paid for lyft last year March on a Thurs around 11am and Sunday mornining. My concern this trip is I get in around 1045pm on a Fri. I think Sunday when I need to leave around 5 should be ok.

I get some are ok with 40+ for a taxi and I guess I'll just need to up my budget, but solo that's going to end up pretty much twice what I paid for the same sna to hyatt as last year. And I get it, fewer drivers. Maybe I'll get some uber gc so I can at least get more credit card points for them.

Thanks everyone. There will be 4 of us. Do I need to call for a larger ride, or will cabs just be waiting...sorry, never taken a taxi from SNA before.

The cabs are usually just lined up and waiting. When we were there last, there was a guy that was coordinating them/calling them over. If you walk across to where the cabs are, (outside of baggage claim) you can find someone to ask about it pretty easily. I had never taken a cab from there either, and other than the rate issue I had, it was a very quick and easy way to get to our hotel. We always took the Disney bus from LAX, but after flying into SNA a few times, I will always fly into that airport. SO much faster/easier!

As I understand it, lately the "surge pricing" has been outrageous. So you'll get the standard quote of $25 or whatever, but when you go to call it, the app will inform you that surge pricing is currently in effect. I'd be interested to hear of anybody's recent experiences with Uber to/from SNA. That's what we've done the last several years, but I'm wondering how viable it is now.

There’s a line of cabs waiting, and I saw a few of them were the size of minivans. So if a regular taxi won’t fit all of you, I’m sure you can easily get one of the bigger cars.

What about getting an Uber back to SNA from a harbor hotel? Wonder if I should just schedule a cab pickup for better reliability? Don’t want to risk missing our flight. I even if it costs an extra $20.

That's in line with what I paid for lyft last year March on a Thurs around 11am and Sunday mornining. My concern this trip is I get in around 1045pm on a Fri. I think Sunday when I need to leave around 5 should be ok.

I get some are ok with 40+ for a taxi and I guess I'll just need to up my budget, but solo that's going to end up pretty much twice what I paid for the same sna to hyatt as last year. And I get it, fewer drivers. Maybe I'll get some uber gc so I can at least get more credit card points for them.

Maybe you could try make a friend or two in the cab line and split the fare? Most people that are getting a ride are probably going to a Disney area hotel.

Last edited:
What about getting an Uber back to SNA from a harbor hotel? Wonder if I should just schedule a cab pickup for better reliability? Don’t want to risk missing our flight. I even if it costs an extra $20.
I was wondering the same thing. I scheduled the Uber for the trip from Harbor to the airport, but who knows what the surge pricing will be?

When we went to Touch of Disney in April, our flight arrived around 9 a.m. on Monday morning . I want to say the Uber and Lyft quotes were both like $65-70. Seriously insane surge pricing.

it was better on our return trip--about $45 from the hotel to the airport..

I only needed a ride TO SNA from my Harbor hotel (I helped DD drive down from Seattle for her move last weekend). I was worried about delays with Uber/Lyft. However, when I called for an Uber at 5 p.m. last night, Thursday, June 24th, I was able to get a driver to respond within 5 minutes. He was 20 minutes out, dropping someone else off, but that was fine. I was staying at BWPPI, but their driveway is one way, so I called for pickup next door at Tropicana, where you can turn around easily. He picked me up right when the app said, by 5:25, and I was at SNA before 6 for my 7:30 flight. Thankfully there were no traffic snarls, just a few slow spots as expected. So I was happy that worked out well. I did get surge pricing which brought the total to $45, but a taxi without the flat rate would have been more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter