• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best title company experience:

Red Dog Run

Mouseketeer
I've used 3 title companies, and my current experience seems to be the slowest (but I'm assuming without proof that it was a title company slowdown. I assume only because inquiries were met with specific answers: You should have closing docs on ..... Then the next inquiry: You should have them...) What I should say is that this is my "longest" experience in going from estoppel to closing. I only have 5 contracts, much less than most of you. What company, in your opinion, is the most desired? I will, if allowed, say that I used Mason Title 3 times and had zero issues. I used an attorney, Jeffrey Sweet, and had no issues. This time it is with TRSC and it is taking long..... If it is not their fault, SORRY for the assumption! Just wondering your experience.

I used Jeffrey Sweet 3 times and found his office to be very efficient. The first time he happened to be the title company that the broker used, and the other two times I requested him since I had a good experience and heard not-so-great stores about other title companies. From the stories I hear, there's definitely a variation between companies!

I've had 2 good experiences with Mason. One was a little slow but that was due to an international seller. Also just closed on a CCV contract with TRSC, and had a good experience too... passed ROFR on 5/13, had closing documents by 5/27 and the contract showed up in my account today.

I'm also selling a contract which is going thru another title company, I inquired on the status and was told they received estopple the prior week and I should get my closing documents in 1-2 weeks as they were doing them in order of closing date listed in the contract. I replied it was totally unacceptable to slow roll my sale, and then I had the documents later that day, since then everything seems to have been moving along nicely.

I would say don't be afraid to ask you broker / title company for updates as you work thru the process, especially if it seems to be going slow.

Last edited:

I've used 3 title companies, and my current experience seems to be the slowest (but I'm assuming without proof that it was a title company slowdown. I assume only because inquiries were met with specific answers: You should have closing docs on ..... Then the next inquiry: You should have them...) What I should say is that this is my "longest" experience in going from estoppel to closing. I only have 5 contracts, much less than most of you. What company, in your opinion, is the most desired? I will, if allowed, say that I used Mason Title 3 times and had zero issues. I used an attorney, Jeffrey Sweet, and had no issues. This time it is with TRSC and it is taking long..... If it is not their fault, SORRY for the assumption! Just wondering your experience.
Like you, I have had good experiences with Mason and Jeffery Sweet. They were much faster then TRSC and First American.

I used Magic Vacation Title last summer and had a good experience. I'm using them again for my current resale purchase that was just sent for ROFR on Tues.

Two experiences with Mason this year.
Both were on time for closing, but one closing went much quicker than the other.

Attorney for both contracts were Holler Law Firm (Mason recommended)
phone closings for sc properties

Last edited:
Mason Title and Jeffrey C Sweet! Both excellent and we've used them about a dozen (or more) times.

Ive used three different title comapanies, and I’d recommend Mason.

One of the other ones had some kind of hacking issue I was not impressed by, and really not impressed at their response.

Both of my agents at Mason were very professional, wiring was a breeze, and I had a great experience.

It seems most of the posters are simply using an attorney and then Mason Title?

I am using an online Timeshare company. I guess that was a mistake?

My property passed ROFR more than a month ago. Time was lost because Disney found that the brokers wrote the contract # wrong so an addendum had to go out for signature and then one of the buyers signed the wrong name (I guess because of the electronic form glitch).

I signed the closing papers more than two weeks ago and I am still waiting for the closing. When I signed the sale papers the broker said I could expect closing by Sept. 20. Two weeks ago.

Last week I submitted screen shots of my account because apparently, the buyer wanted me to show the points matched the sale contract. This week I did the same since I told them points needed to be banked or lost. Shouldn't they have asked me to do that?

My plan for this week is to submit new screenshots to show I haven't used any points. Next week I will have to pay the monthly maintenance fees AGAIN, for the third time since I accepted the sale offer. This next month's maintenance fees are NOT included in the sale contract but broker rep said, "You'll get your money--whatever you pay." I thought that was rude and my concerns are valid. I get the idea that the broker company is getting nervous?

Any insights please?

How long should I wait before start getting worried and do what? The broker would likely just let me get out of this situation for them and for me.

It seems most of the posters are simply using an attorney and then Mason Title?

I am using an online Timeshare company. I guess that was a mistake?

My property passed ROFR more than a month ago. Time was lost because Disney found that the brokers wrote the contract # wrong so an addendum had to go out for signature and then one of the buyers signed the wrong name (I guess because of the electronic form glitch).

I signed the closing papers more than two weeks ago and I am still waiting for the closing. When I signed the sale papers the broker said I could expect closing by Sept. 20. Two weeks ago.

Last week I submitted screen shots of my account because apparently, the buyer wanted me to show the points matched the sale contract. This week I did the same since I told them points needed to be banked or lost. Shouldn't they have asked me to do that?

My plan for this week is to submit new screenshots to show I haven't used any points. Next week I will have to pay the monthly maintenance fees AGAIN, for the third time since I accepted the sale offer. This next month's maintenance fees are NOT included in the sale contract but broker rep said, "You'll get your money--whatever you pay." I thought that was rude and my concerns are valid. I get the idea that the broker company is getting nervous?

Any insights please?

How long should I wait before start getting worried and do what? The broker would likely just let me get out of this situation for them and for me.

Sounds like you are the seller. Everything goes by the original contract and closing date. Once that passes, you can cancel the sale

However, the tricky part now comes that you have sent back the actual closing documents so as soon as a buyer signs and pays, it could be closed past that date unless you somehow tell them you no longer are I don’t know how that works though since you legally already signed.

What actually did you agree to for MFs? All MFs for 2021 must be paid in full by you before closing. So, the contract you signed should discuss what you are reimbursed at closing for the 2021 fees.

Basically if you show that there is still a balance, it can’t get closed until that is 0.

In terms of banking points, that should have been decided at the beginning.

More details might help in terms of helping you.

I’ve used Mason twice, first experience was great! The second, which is still in process has not been great. Seller have yet to sign and send their documents (its been over a month I’ve been waiting). When I inquired about the delay I’m told the sellers apologize for the delay they will send them back soon. Then I inquired a second time and I was told they are trying to have them notarized and will fed ex them back— this was 9/20/21. Still nothing! I sent an email yesterday hoping to hear something tmo, according to my paperwork the closing was supposed to happen 9/29. I don’t know what to do

I used Mason 3 times so far with 3 different brokers and each experience had been smooth. Since I was familiar with Mason I requested for Mason for my current contract and we closed and deed recorded in 37 days. It helped that Mason prices were cheaper than the one originally listed with the contract as well so it was an easy choice.

Sounds like you are the seller. Everything goes by the original contract and closing date. Once that passes, you can cancel the sale.

However, the tricky part now comes that you have sent back the actual closing documents so as soon as a buyer signs and pays, it could be closed past that date unless you somehow tell them you no longer are I don’t know how that works though since you legally already signed.

What actually did you agree to for MFs? All MFs for 2021 must be paid in full by you before closing. So, the contract you signed should discuss what you are reimbursed at closing for the 2021 fees.

Basically if you show that there is still a balance, it can’t get closed until that is 0.

In terms of banking points, that should have been decided at the beginning.

More details might help in terms of helping you.

Yes, I am the seller. I had no idea I could cancel the sale past the closing date. And yes, I did sign the closing paperwork, but that was BEFORE the stated closing date, which was to have been September 20.

What we agreed to in writing is that the BUYER would pay all of the fees at time of the closing. I have paid through September and was to have been reimbursed for everything I paid for the entire year in dues or fees.

I voluntarily asked if they wanted the points banked as I had to do something by Sept. 30.

So I need to find out if I can cancel this even though I signed the closing documents. I sent the closing documents to Mason on Sept. 16.

Does it usually take this long? I guess the "buyers" must be scrambling to get the full annual fees? That may be why? I feel the time I have had to wait has been unreasonable and I signed all of the paperwork within 24 hours.

The mistake they made putting the wrong contract number on the original paperwork was unacceptable.

I wonder who I can ask about whether or not the closing documents are valid after the prospective closing date. No wonder they rushed that paperwork to me five days before the closing!!

Thanks for helping. I don't want to keep paying the fees while my contract is held up in whatever game it is that they are playing. It's not fair to me and the fees are the reason why I am trying to sell.

The contract language:

• The contract shall be closed on or before 9/20/2021
  • Buyer shall pay all closing costs
  • Seller to pay Estoppel $150 (told me the estoppel will come out of sale money
This is getting messy. Or maybe I am just stuck in this situation until after I pay for the last month's MF's? I could do it in full but I don't want it to come down to that with the brokers employing all of the deceptive delay tactics so the fees get paid in full before the closing?

Crazy!

Have you ever heard of anything like this before?

Last edited:
The contract language:

• The contract shall be closed on or before 9/20/2021
  • Buyer shall pay all closing costs
  • Seller to pay Estoppel $150 (told me the estoppel will come out of sale money
This is getting messy. Or maybe I am just stuck in this situation until after I pay for the last month's MF's? I could do it in full but I don't want it to come down to that with the brokers employing all of the deceptive delay tactics so the fees get paid in full before the closing?

Crazy!

Have you ever heard of anything like this before?

I would contact them for sure, but as I said, the dues have to be paid in full by you to close the contract, and then the buyer will reimburse you.

The title company will not close the contract unless the estoppel from Disney shows that, so you would be reimbursed anything for the months you did not agree to pay.

I am sorry this seems to be getting messy for you. I wonder if the buyer is having difficulty securing the funds at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter