• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best times for meal reservations??

aliscrapper

DIS Veteran
Hi

In a few days we can make our meal reservations - really excited as it means the magic is getting closer!pixiedust:

These are the meals we are planning:

Wednesday 11th September - Annette's

Thursday 12th September - Café Mickey

Friday 13th September - Cape Cod (Newport Bay)

Saturday 14th September - Café Mickey

Sunday 16th September - Sunday Brunch at Inventions

Obviously we can't book Annettes and have chosen that for our first day as we have to convert our AP's so not sure what time we will want dinner.

The two trips to Café Mickey and Cape Cod we want to do in between the main parade in the Park and Dreams.

We've decided to do Café Mickey twice as we've decided that much as we enjoy the attractions at DLP; we are character hunters and we love playing around with Chip & Dale and Mickey too much!

What is the best time to book our Café Mickey, Cape Cod and Sunday Brunch?? Thanks:thumbsup2

I think anytime between parade and dreams is going to be manic.

We always opt for late lunches. Then just grab a snack later on.

I'd book Inventions Sunday brunch for 1pm, I think that's when it starts.

I think the earliest you can book Cape Cod is 6pm so maybe book it for 6:30pm if you want to watch the parade first (assuming that it's at 5pm?) or 7pm if you're quick eaters because I'm guessing Dreams will be at 9pm at park closing?. I'd say the same for Cafe Mickey, although keep an eye on the parade times for your Saturday booking in case both the parade and Dreams are on later at the weekend.

Why not have one of your Cafe Mickey meals at lunchtime? We've been there for both lunch and dinner and enjoyed both. :goodvibes

I'd book Inventions Sunday brunch for 1pm, I think that's when it starts.

I think the earliest you can book Cape Cod is 6pm so maybe book it for 6:30pm if you want to watch the parade first (assuming that it's at 5pm?) or 7pm if you're quick eaters because I'm guessing Dreams will be at 9pm at park closing?. I'd say the same for Cafe Mickey, although keep an eye on the parade times for your Saturday booking in case both the parade and Dreams are on later at the weekend.

Why not have one of your Cafe Mickey meals at lunchtime? We've been there for both lunch and dinner and enjoyed both. :goodvibes

We must be both on the same wavelength Elaine ;) as I was thinking maybe a Café Mickey at lunch-time and one meal in the evening there. We did lunch last year at Café Mickey and there were barely any diners and so we had lots of character interaction and obviously the daylight helps big time with photo's. I think the evening seems to have a better atmosphere sometimes so doing one at lunch and one in the evening we have the best of both worlds!:goodvibes

Its what time the Parade is going to be on that's giving me the biggest headache:headache:; as the Parade is probably my favourite at DLP closely followed by Dreams and I hate to think of missing either.

Thinking maybe eat at Cape Cod at lunch-time too; would assume it would be pretty quiet and the perfect place to take time out from the crowds in the park and we're there 5 days so plenty of time. Have you ever done lunch at Cape Cod?? Thanks

We ate dinner at Cape Cod last summer and loved it there. Apologies for never getting around to putting a review on the restaurant thread. :blush:

Is it open for lunch? I only thought it was open for dinner. If it's open for lunch then I'd say go there for lunch then you don't have to rush there and back between the parade and Dreams.

We ate dinner at Cape Cod last summer and loved it there. Apologies for never getting around to putting a review on the restaurant thread. :blush:

Is it open for lunch? I only thought it was open for dinner. If it's open for lunch then I'd say go there for lunch then you don't have to rush there and back between the parade and Dreams.

I thought Cape Cod was only open in the evening too but on checking the Cape Cod review thread Carrie has a photo of the times and prices from last year (I miss Carrie!:worship:)and it says it is open 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm.:cool1:

The Disneyland Park is closing at 9pm when you are with the exception of 10pm on the Saturday. I think you could guarantee that the parade will be back at 5pm because they only changed it with the May late hours to 7pm - until then it was 5pm.

Dreams will be on at park closing, I feel your pain with meal planning!

aliscrapper said:
I thought Cape Cod was only open in the evening too but on checking the Cape Cod review thread Carrie has a photo of the times and prices from last year (I miss Carrie!:worship:)and it says it is open 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm.:cool1:

Johnny can take a pic nearer the time for you - pm me begining of September. He's working right by until Carrie is back :)

Lisa_C said:
Johnny can take a pic nearer the time for you - pm me begining of September. He's working right by until Carrie is back :)

Oh he can can he??? Lol! Happy to help anyone in any way I can though :)

The Disneyland Park is closing at 9pm when you are with the exception of 10pm on the Saturday. I think you could guarantee that the parade will be back at 5pm because they only changed it with the May late hours to 7pm - until then it was 5pm.

Dreams will be on at park closing, I feel your pain with meal planning!

Thanks Lisa.:thumbsup2

So maybe a 6:30 pm/7 pm reservation at Café Mickey on the Thursday and then a lunch-time reservation about 1 pm for Café Mickey on the Saturday??

Meal planning is a bit of a nightmare isn't it!;)

Sorry to hop on this thread, do the characters come out at lunchtime at cafe mickeys? We are going on our first trip in August and planned on eating at cafe mickeys around 6pm but wondered whether lunch would be better.

Does anyone know tomes for lunch at cafe mickey? Thanks

Sorry to hop on this thread, do the characters come out at lunchtime at cafe mickeys? We are going on our first trip in August and planned on eating at cafe mickeys around 6pm but wondered whether lunch would be better.

Does anyone know tomes for lunch at cafe mickey? Thanks

I believe it's 12-3 for lunchtime :)

Yes, at lunch you normally have two characters out at a time, on rotation with another 2 so four in total.

HappyPanda said:
Yes, at lunch you normally have two characters out at a time, on rotation with another 2 so four in total.

Not necessarily - we've had upto seven characters for lunch before. Chip, Dale, Goofy, Mickey, Smee, Pluto and Eyore in one sitting :)

cap'njack. said:
Oh he can can he??? Lol! Happy to help anyone in any way I can though :)

See, you're not just a gorgeous face ;) xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter