• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to go to Hawaii

MammaMoe48

DIS Veteran
The best time for us to go on vacation is in the summer so just how hot can it get? Is it worse than Florida? We could go during spring break in April but I'm guessing that the crowds are higher at that time. I don't know if December (Christmas) or February (winter break) is a better time to go but being from the Northeast, we can get some serious snowstorms so I really don't like to go on planes during the winter. Thanks.

We have been to Hawaii at various times of year, the summer, the fall, November, March and April/may. My favorite is the spring. The weather is warm but not too hot. There is a nice breeze. In March though Yu have a better chance of seeing whales. The summer is hotter although not horrible. When we went in October for my nephews wedding a few years ago, it was very warm but it was usually hot. The bottom line is that there is no bad time to go to Hawaii. It's beautiful all year.

ANYTIME! LOL, seriously tho, it is a temperate climate so it never gets too hot or too cold. We have been many times during different months but I LOVE going in the summer because the water is never too cold. One time we went to Kauai in Feb and it was pretty cloudy and rainy (typical for Kauai, but still) I found there were days when the lack of sun made it too cold for me to swim but I am a big baby when it come to water and chill easy. Summer is our favorite time to go

I have only been here since last summer, and by all counts it was a ridiculously hot and humid summer here, and I still found it pleasant. Much less humid than Florida. (hell, much less humidity than Massachusetts) But I am on oahu, the other islands have different climates - more humid, more rain.

Also, spring break here in Hawaii is March. Seems like a lot of the country also has march. We had family visit from Illinois and their break was also March. Many people I've talked to are telling me April breaks usually happen earlier than the traditional new england Patriot's Day break, which isn't till next week.

I'll give you the advice that someone gave me years ago. There is NEVER a bad time to go to paradise. So far, that's held true!

Best time is the shoulder months Late April, May September October. Cold weather people are gone and the school crowd has not shown up. Hawaii in general has amazing weather but these months are the best. It means less crowds more upgrades and much better airline costs

We went during February vacation week this year and it was great. I was able to book at the 7-month window using points. We will be going back the same week again just not sure when but no later than 2018.

We went during February vacation week this year and it was great. I was able to book at the 7-month window using points. We will be going back the same week again just not sure when but no later than 2018.
How was the weather? Was it hot enough to go to the beach? Was the water cold?

The weather was nice, upper 70s to low 80s everyday. No spikes in temperature at all. We swam at the beach or pool every day. Florida is nice in Feb but you can't compare it to Hawaii because in FL you get those spikes where it will go into the 20s overnight. That doesn't happen in Hawaii.

Not knowing much about the resort, what is there to do for a 10 year old boy.

my son, 9 yrs old, said to tell you:
- lazy river
- pools
- beach
- activities at Aunty's Beach House (kids' club). some activities are free while others are for a fee. in either case you will want to pre-register for them to ensure a spot for your son.
- hotdogs with a view of the beach
- soft serve Dole Whip
- shave ice
- pictures with Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale, Stitch
- 10-minute walk to another beach near Paradise Cove to see sea turtle swim up to you (see my post titled "can't find turtle place near Paradise Cove")
- Star Lit Hui (luau w/o the food, free)

just read the other posts in the forum and you will learn about all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter