Best time of day to see Shows

T2Mum

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Just wondering - is there a best time of day to plan to see the shows? We want to see the Magic Show, the Lion King show, the 30th parade, and the drone show at the end of the day. Anything else that I am missing?

We are visiting on Friday June 23. Is it better to book for the Magic Show and the Lion King show (will this save us substantial time)? Are the shows likely to be super busy on this day?

Also, is there a certain place that we need to go to watch the drone show - how does it work given that it seems to be scheduled for the closing time of the park?

Also are there any rules against eating / drinking in any of the theatres? And also how easy is it to access bathrooms from the theatres - is it wise to visit the bathroom facilities before we queue up?

Would appreciate any tips / advice.

If you want guaranteed access and you do not want to queue up 30 - 60 minutes, and you have the money, then yes: buy access to Mickey and the Magician and the Lion King. These shows are good and popular.

Usually the first shows of anything are the most popular, I think, because people are crossing off things of their list.

For the 30th parade/show Shine Brighter, be sure you are somewhere around the hub and make sure you have a clear view of the stage. Tip: Do not stand directly in front of the castle (with your back to the castle) there will be a parade float blocking your view for some time of the show.

You can stand on the hub, it will be busy here. For a first timer, you can pick a spot in the middle and do a 360 turn or pick one of the stages and focus on one of them to have a great view, and a little less great view for the other 4. There is no perfect spot, there are pros and cons to all spots.
Pixiedust.be created this list of the 'best' and 'worst' spots: https://pixiedust.be/best-places-to-watch-dream-and-shine-brighter-show-at-disneyland-paris/

For the drone show, preferably have a spot directly opposite the castle, otherwise the drones will be out of perspective. If that's not possible, go to the right to castle stage. It'll be out of perspective, but it will be less crowded.

If you want guaranteed access and you do not want to queue up 30 - 60 minutes, and you have the money, then yes: buy access to Mickey and the Magician and the Lion King. These shows are good and popular.

Usually the first shows of anything are the most popular, I think, because people are crossing off things of their list.

For the 30th parade/show Shine Brighter, be sure you are somewhere around the hub and make sure you have a clear view of the stage. Tip: Do not stand directly in front of the castle (with your back to the castle) there will be a parade float blocking your view for some time of the show.

You can stand on the hub, it will be busy here. For a first timer, you can pick a spot in the middle and do a 360 turn or pick one of the stages and focus on one of them to have a great view, and a little less great view for the other 4. There is no perfect spot, there are pros and cons to all spots.
Pixiedust.be created this list of the 'best' and 'worst' spots: https://pixiedust.be/best-places-to-watch-dream-and-shine-brighter-show-at-disneyland-paris/

For the drone show, preferably have a spot directly opposite the castle, otherwise the drones will be out of perspective. If that's not possible, go to the right to castle stage. It'll be out of perspective, but it will be less crowded.
Thanks so much! Excellent tips!

Follow up question - I see that the Disney D-Light is at 10.50pm in Main Street, and then the Disney Dreams Nighttime Extravaganza is at 11pm in Fantasyland. Is it possible/advisable to do both?

Good to know! So I assume that people watch both?
Yes, definitely recommended!
Dreams is the main Castle projection show, with some fireweorks. It was the first of its kind (worldwide) and It's really good. The only con is that, unless they recently changed it for the revival, at some points the projections on the castle are a bit small as they are on the gate so I would advice to be nearer the castle if possible, but some areas are reserved and the rest is camped hours in advance. Friday evening I'd guess there would also be more locals.
The drone show is intended as a little appetizer, but it's really good as well. I haven't seen the new one, only the one they had for the 30th anniversary and even if I knew it was coming, it wowed me. I'm sure that if they had added drone to the Ak nighttime show, as it was intended, it wouldn't have flopped.
So yes, watch both!

Yes, definitely recommended!
Dreams is the main Castle projection show, with some fireweorks. It was the first of its kind (worldwide) and It's really good. The only con is that, unless they recently changed it for the revival, at some points the projections on the castle are a bit small as they are on the gate so I would advice to be nearer the castle if possible, but some areas are reserved and the rest is camped hours in advance. Friday evening I'd guess there would also be more locals.
The drone show is intended as a little appetizer, but it's really good as well. I haven't seen the new one, only the one they had for the 30th anniversary and even if I knew it was coming, it wowed me. I'm sure that if they had added drone to the Ak nighttime show, as it was intended, it wouldn't have flopped.
So yes, watch both!
Thank you! All very helpful info. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter