Best time of day to coordinate ADR swap

megster1123

Blown away at Pictured Rocks. Literally.
For those that have coordinated a swap before, have you found a time of day that seems to be more successful than others? I'd figure mornings and mid-day see higher traffic on the site so the likelihood of the wrong person grabbing it once I cancel would be higher. Is there a point in time though during the evening where the site stops updating? Like if I cancel at 1am would it be immediately available for the other party?
I just really want this swap to go well so figured I'd ask if anyone has any tips :)

I've only tried it once. It was between 9-10 pm EST. It showed right up and it was a successful swap.

I've done it midday EST. It went fine. I did have to put in the time instead of which meal (wouldn't show up during the meal period), but other than that, it was smooth. I made sure to be checking right at the moment they cancelled.

Use nist.time.gov to coordinate a time. Stick to a specific time and you should be successful.

if it disappears, try again in an hour. People have reported that sometimes they poof but reappear.

good luck!

I did it in the evening once (8:30pm I think), and it disappeared :-(It was a CRT too. I felt so bad. The person I was swapping with was never able to get it :-(

But I've done it at 5:30 pm and it appeared right away.

Had a successful swap this morning!

One bit of advice for others looking to swap is to search for the specific time of the ADR once it's released, not just "breakfast." I cancelled mine and even after a few tries of searching the other poster didn't see it. Only after changing from "breakfast" to 8am did it appear. I didn't think that would have been an issue!

I've tried all different times of the day...I'd say, in my experience, about 80% of the time it has worked. I've had a few disappear but not many.

I've had successful swaps all different times.
Definitely search for the specific time and make sure everyone has refreshed their login. The site times you out after a relatively short time although the screen still displays "Welcome 5Disneynuts". Having to login again or link a credit card can take time and cause you to lose the reservation.
I've also seen a reservation pop up after an hour. That's happened when someone grabbed it, didn't complete the booking, and when they searched again it was gone only to have it reappear an hour later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter