• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time for photoshoot

jstbcuz

DIS Veteran
I am looking for the best time to do the photoshoot at the Grand Floridian. I have read lots of reports of it being too bright so everyone is squinting. I am interested in doing this and want to know what would be the best time to book?

Thanks for your help.

In general for photography the best lighting is 2 hours around sun rise and 2 hours around sunset.
Will you eb outside or in?

From what I know about it, they take pics indoors as well as out. I just thought maybe some that have done it could tell me from experience.

I like the outside better - and taking the picture of the resort from CR or the Polyn. not at the GF.

but it sounds like your picture will be someone not just the building?

will try to find my pictures of it in the fog - it was pretty good if I say so myself. but it was really the fog that added the mystery.

this was before digit - so it will take a long time - if I can find it.

go to the photo - for the real experts
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

I think people are getting confused. I am thinking of doing the photoshoot that the Grand Floridian offers. I am not trying to take a pic of the place.

They offer a photoshoot that last approximately 30 min and a photographer takes you to various places around the resort, and takes pics of your family.

they also use to include the parks - would go to the Mk myself - maybe Epcot - but definitely the MK.

sorry abou the confusion - you were right though you were taking the pictures

We just did this last week - our appointment was at 11:30 a.m. It was a slightly overcast day and indeed, as someone above posted, our PhotoPass photographer Andrew (who was great!) said that it was the perfect kind of day because of the lighting - no squinting and no harsh shadows. Because of this I would say that you would not want to go when the sun is at its strongest. The outdoor shots are taken near the themed pool - on that beach, lawn, fountain and porch.

If you have any specific questions about our shoot I'd be happy to answer them.

Cheers-

~Luthien

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter