Best time for park break with toddler?

Mazz83

Earning My Ears
i know all kids are different and it will depend on a number of factors, but when would you normally leave the park during the day with a toddler (almost 3)? Would you generally have lunch in the park and then leave? Looking into making some reservations but not sure what would be too late... Thanks!

Usually go back for lunch & quick dip in the pool, or naps after lunch, then head back afterwards...Regardless of the ages of the kids, and/or adults..LoL

I would also be prepared for toddler to fall asleep on way back to resort and then have to get back to sleep at room after waking up. no matter what time you leave the park as excitement ends the little one goes to sleep. I would do some practicing before trip, do some car rides or stroller walks about nap time and see if you can keep awake or get back to sleep. at Disney there is a big difference in going from park to nap at resort than eating and getting ready for nap at home

We just took our 2.5 year old last month. We tended to head back to the hotel between 12-1. We mostly did breakfast and early dinner ADRs, since those are the best time of day for him. We did QS lunch back at the hotel, or peanut butter and jelly in the hotel room, depending on how tired he was.

We typically leave around 12 or 1. Generally we have eaten before we leave the park but if we've had a large breakfast sometimes we plan to wait and eat at th resort. We usually hop to a different park around 4 or 5 for the evening after our break.

We typically leave around 12 or 1. Generally we have eaten before we leave the park but if we've had a large breakfast sometimes we plan to wait and eat at th resort. We usually hop to a different park around 4 or 5 for the evening after our break.
Thanks. I was thinking earlier lunch would be good. Hubby was thinking later but I don't think my daughter will make it that long in the heat. She's also not a stroller napper. But once we start driving, she passes out immediately. Thanks again everyone!

Would your child nap in the stroller? We haven't done WDW, just DL, but my son's nap schedule is always off at Disney, so we just usually let him nap in his stroller and split up to do baby swap for all the stuff he can't ride :) He usually falls asleep for a nap between 1 and 2pm, but while at Disney he's fallen asleep anywhere from 10am to 2pm. He's slept through lunch more than once, so we don't plan any sit down meals for then.

We leave no later then 1 and that is pushing it.

We wake up at 6, well I do, and start showering while the rest wake and eat breakfast in our room. We are out the door by 7:15, a little earlier if we need to catch the bus.

We have lunch around 11:30 and then leave and take a much needed nap to avoid any meltdowns...even from my then 12 yo!

When we went when my daughter was 3, I thought we would take afternoon breaks, but for us it was too much work getting on the bus, loading the stroller, etc. So we chose on most days to be there at park open and stay until we were all Tired (after supper). I think the "break" of leaving would've been more work than it was worth, lol.

While I'm definitely not an expert, after reading several different views, we're probably gonna skip that midday break with our DD (who will be 5) and do rope drop to about 5 or so on most of our park days, eat dinner, and head back to the resort.

We are planning on doing a mid break after lunch. My husband doesn't like staying in the park all day. That is just way too much for him. So he will probably end up taking the baby back to the hotel for a mid break after lunch and we will meet up later in the afternoon sometime. My older son and me are more park people so we might stay in the park while my husband takes the baby back to rest.

We are planning on heading back to the hotel around or after lunch. We only have reservations for dinner. We are going with another family that has little kids. At the time of the trip they will be 14 months and 3yrs old. The other kids are 16, 14 and 12 yrs old. Our plan then is to hang out at the pool/kids nap etc until our dinner reservations and then maybe spend more time in the parks after dinner depending on how the little kids are doing.. The teens might not return with us and stay in the parks. I know I like a break to cool off and rest up for night time stuff.

I was lucky in that when my last child was a toddler, he did really well taking a nap in the stroller as we walked around. My kids are constantly hungry though so I try to make sure to give them enough snacks that will ward off any hunger-induced melt downs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter