Best time end of June beginning of July

Mackysmycat

DisneyDreamer
We'd like to pick 5 days to be in the park over July 4th - my daughters birthday. Trying to decide to time it before or after the 4th. The weekend before has 2 'Best bet's and the weekend after has 1. Is a Best bet day better than a 'Hey it's alright' day? I hope I am making sense. I'm looking at the Disney Crowd Forecast Calender...

We were in the parks from 6/30-7/8 this year. With the 4th being on a Tuesday making for a four day weekend for many people I expected insane crowds Sat-Tues and then things letting up Weds and Thurs. What we experienced was the exact opposite. Sat and Sun were very reasonable, not dead, but much less crowded than many non-holiday weekends we've experienced. Things picked up Mon and Tues and then the parks were slammed the rest of our stay.

Well, the positive of your 2018 visit is that the 4th is right in the middle of the week, so less likely there will be any book ending of the holiday, that is, no free three day weekends from work, no use of one vacation day to make a four day weekend, since folks had been doing that the last few years. So it is very likely the either choice you make will be the same, if you go before the the 4th, then Monday and tuesday give you light days, as opposed to Thursday being the only light day. And since the 4th has been busy the last two years, the rumor to avoid Disneyland then will also work to your favor. Then in 2019 it falls back into that 4 day weekend pattern and busy again.

Well, the positive of your 2018 visit is that the 4th is right in the middle of the week, so less likely there will be any book ending of the holiday, that is, no free three day weekends from work, no use of one vacation day to make a four day weekend, since folks had been doing that the last few years. So it is very likely the either choice you make will be the same, if you go before the the 4th, then Monday and tuesday give you light days, as opposed to Thursday being the only light day. And since the 4th has been busy the last two years, the rumor to avoid Disneyland then will also work to your favor. Then in 2019 it falls back into that 4 day weekend pattern and busy again.
It's showing 'yup it's packed for the 2nd - the Monday, for whatever reason - but that could just be a non park day if need be. Ok so it's looking the same on either side I guess - thanks :)

Just don't go on June 28th as that is the last day before SoCal APs are blocked for the summer. It will be bedlam.

We will also be in SoCal during that time! Planning for park days on July 3 and 4...both were "Hey, it's alright" days, so that's what I'm counting on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter