Best things at Amorettes?

LibrarianBecky

Mouseketeer
So I have a sweet tooth that just does not stop. I've heard good things about Amorettes in Disney Springs and was wondering what everyone's favorites there were? Bonus points for pictures!

Thank you!

I was let down by Amorette’s! The mickey mousse is beyond adorable but the flavor and texture was a massive turn off. Like if I closed my eyes I would have no idea what I was tasting.

The creme brûlée was better, but the custard was over cooked. Flavor was spot on and the berries are a nice touch.

I do hope to visit again and try a couple other things including their macarons.

I really liked the pavlova one. I will agree the Mickey Mousse was adorable but not crazy special taste wise.

I got a petite cake a couple of years ago...maybe the Mickey one (don't recall). While it was a beautiful dessert, the taste was disappointing. It think I remember it not being as moist as it should have been.
We tried a pastry also, again don't remember which, and it was better. The display case is a marvel, and one can't help being drawn into purchasing. I just wish our taste experience had matched the look of the product. I might give them another try next time I'm in Disney Springs.

The Mickey Mousse was ok but the cheesecake was delicious! Everything in there looks soo good!

I had the pistachio eclair and it was amazing! My son had the chocolate mousse and loved it, but said it was not as good as from the pavilion in France/Epcot.

While not a sweet, DW and I had a ham and cheese crepe there and it was really good.

Second the ham and cheese crepe being really good! I also LOVE their wine slushies. Tried the reisling apple cider one on a whim (not a fan of cider usually) and had to go back later in the trip for another.

I was let down by Amorette’s! The mickey mousse is beyond adorable but the flavor and texture was a massive turn off. Like if I closed my eyes I would have no idea what I was tasting.

The creme brûlée was better, but the custard was over cooked. Flavor was spot on and the berries are a nice touch.

I do hope to visit again and try a couple other things including their macarons.

DITTO, we tried that cake too and the texture was gross!!!

We did do this tea cake, it had a coffee liquor and espresso flavor, it was delicious. I will say, we're not fans of fondant usually but this one was good but we peeled it off since it was heavy and overly sweet. Even the flowers were edible. IMG_9985.jpg

We have had a few things there and none of them "wowed" us other than the looks which is why we bought them. My kids loved the look of the items and loved having their own special dessert. They took a bite or two and then were done with it. We still go in and I will still get them something if they want to try. There is something special about having desserts that pretty to look at!!

I also agree that the Mickey Mousse was more looks than taste; I find this is true with many desserts around Disney! I don't remember what my issue was with it, but it was minor. I may try it again and see what I think. But I am definitely going to try more items on my next trip at Amorette's. I really have my eye on their Signature cake and the key lime cake.

By the way, has anyone taken the eclairs home the day after purchase, or back to your hotel for the next day? They come in a nice little box. How did they hold up?

By the way, has anyone taken the eclairs home the day after purchase, or back to your hotel for the next day? They come in a nice little box. How did they hold up?

We took an assorted box back to our room (I think there were 6 of them). They were perfect with my morning cup of coffee on our balcony at AKL while DW was getting ready (there are not many better ways to start a day). I think they lasted us 3 mornings before they were gone. The pastry on the last one was starting to harden a little, but overall they held up nicely. We very much plan on doing this again in August.

The pistachio éclair is AMAZING. Also had either a key lime tart or a lemon meringue tart (can't remember which) that was really good .

We took an assorted box back to our room (I think there were 6 of them). They were perfect with my morning cup of coffee on our balcony at AKL while DW was getting ready (there are not many better ways to start a day). I think they lasted us 3 mornings before they were gone. The pastry on the last one was starting to harden a little, but overall they held up nicely. We very much plan on doing this again in August.

Thank you for letting me know - I really appreciate this. Good to know they lasted you 3 mornings too - this will be perfect for purchase and travel! I will be doing the same. LOVE the description of sitting out on the AKL balcony with eclairs and coffee!

crazycatstacy: I have been reading a lot about how the pistachio flavor is the best one, and the new pineapple one. Very excited to try both! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter