• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Table Service for Vegetarian

leagirl12

DIS Veteran
DD15 and I are going to WDW in Feb to celebrate her Sweet 16. We have reservations for BOG on her birthday but have two more nights we need dinner for.

DD is a vegetarian and I am wondering what others would suggest as the best places for dinner. I saw the thread about the best signature and it looks like Jiko's is the place for that. Just wondering about some restaurants that aren't signature places.

Thanks

I'm vegetarian, and Sanaa was great (it's at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani. Jiko and Boma are at AKL Jambo).

I'd suggest planning one of your dinners at a buffet like Boma or Tusker House -- lots of vegetarian options. For me, it's nice to show up and be able to eat a bunch of different things instead of having choices limited to a few vegetarian menu options.

An additional option is the Hoop De Doo Review. If you let them know you are a vegan they make a mean roasted veggies and portabella mushroom dinner.

Boma is an excellent choice; we eat only some fish, mostly vegetarian, and there were lots of options available.

I also really enjoyed Crystal Palace. They had a beautiful and tasty salad selection. I could have honestly just enjoyed a meal of the salads they offered (a favorite was the tomato, banana pepper, mozzarella salad- delicious!).

When making reservations, mark that you have dietary restrictions and a chef will come out and let you know exactly what will suit your needs. They were so very accommodating.

I haven't eaten there, but going to try the wave next time. They have a couple of interesting vegetarian choices on the lunch menu in particular.

My Aunt is a vegetarian and when we went to WDW with her we found a couple of places stood out as having lots of options:

Crystal Palace had many vegetarian salads and vegetable dishes. The server actually took my Aunt on a "tour" of the buffet explaining exactly which dishes were meat free.

Boma was also a hit. This time around a server didn't offer to walk her through but there were so many salads and vegetables - a couple of the soups were meat free as well.

If you are potentially looking for fine dining, Victoria and Albert's has a vegetarian menu.

I only ate there for lunch but Tusker House in Animal Kingdom was one of the few places where I actually enjoyed the vegetarian options and there were a fair number of them on the buffet.

It use to appear on allears.net----but La Hacienda has a separate vegetarian menu that has 4 or 5 options. Just ask for it! It is a must do for my husband and I every trip. I won't recall all the choices...but I had open veggie tacos layered with beans, veggies, red cabbage 'slaw' and roasted corn. The dish has fresh cheese, but I have them hold that as I'm vegan. My husband orders the cheese empanadas that comes with a side of rice and beans...... Of course there's chips and salsa at the table, too.....and margaritas are a must!
(There's veggie enchiladas and perhaps a entree salad as well....)

(I understand San Angel has a veggie menu also that you can request. I believe it has only two dishes---we've never eaten there, so I cannot comment. The offerings at La Hacienda seem far more interesting....more choices.

Aside from the other great options people have posted, I would look into Trail's End (Fort Wilderness). Chef TJ is there now. He has somewhat of a "cult following" among vegans and guests with food allergies for making awesome food with multiple courses. Your best bet for seeing him would be Sunday through Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter