Best table service for 45th birthday

gerilyne

DIS Veteran
So, a little background. My soon to be ex DH and I went to Disneyland 3 years in a row several years back and the trip always coincided with his birthday. We had always talked about going for my birthday in October but we have separated before that could happen. So, this year I am going to go for my birthday and need to decide where to eat to celebrate. I have eaten at a lot of the more expensive places, so I'm not sure where to go.

I just am wondering where others would dine if they were at Disneyland for their birthday if they had the chance and why there? I can't wait to hear everyone's opinion!

We just had an amazing lunch at Wine Country Trattoria. I loved the ambiance in the sunshine, under the vines, watching the people and staying cool in the heat of the day.
We did the 3 course PTN parade deal and the food was exceptional. Would do it again.

In DL... I love Cafe Orleans with an edge table.

It's my birthday this year when we go! I'm turning 34, but that is reason enough to celebrate right? Right? Please tell me 34 is a milestone year... lol.

We have a pretty limited budget, so the Chef's counter at Napa Rose is out. Maybe for my 50th? Ive done Blue Bayou twice and while the food was great, I don't need to do it again. So if I HAVE to pick, I actually love Cafe Orleans for the ambiance, or Wine Country Trattoria with wine.

What we are ACTUALLY doing, though, is Carnation Cafe for breakfast. A lovely white tablecloth breakfast with red carnations and hot coffee and a Mickey Waffle outshines a dinner for me every time. I LOVE getting the reservations before the park even opens so I can drink my hot coffee and watch all the rope droppers trickle in :)

What kind of food do you like? Do you want to have an actual meal? I might choose to book the WOC Dessert Party to celebrate a birthday. That comes with table service of a sort -- drinks (alcohol or non) and a generous dessert plate (and I think you could note on your reservation that you'd be celebrating a birthday). You might be able to bring in birthday cupcakes from Sprinkles or something fun like that, too. Afternoon tea at S55 might be a fun way to celebrate, too.
For an actual meal, I'd go with NR or CCR. We've always had great service at both those restaurants.

I am loving these ideas! I hadn't thought about a flight of wine and such as a way of celebrating. My ex did not drink so I have never drank at Disneyland before. Another new experience I can add to the list!!! :thanks:

I am trying to decide the same thing for August, I figure spending your birthday at Disney has to be a perfect day anyways. So many choices, I love the desert party for WOC we have done that a couple of times. I loved being able to sit and enjoy the show with something to nibble on and my feet were so happy with me!!!

Wherever you choose to celebrate, you can order a custom cake to be delivered to any TS restaurant in the parks. Just call Disney Dining to ask about this. (There is a custom cake thread on this forum and some of the more recent posts have photos.) We saw two families get custom cakes at Carnation Cafe a few weeks ago. The cakes looked so cute, and the whole restaurant joined in the singing to celebrate!

My special birthday meal will be the Pixarfest Ratatouille menu at Cafe Orleans. I wanted something a little casual but nice too - so opted for this menu because I love cheese - LOL! It starts with a cheese plate, ratatouille with shrimp and then finishes with berry stuffed beinets a la mode. :)

I'm thinking multiple meals for my July bday in the park. Lunch at Cafe Orleans, dinner at the wine place. Love the idea of a custom cake (even if I have to order it for myself). My daughters would love that! And we're having a birthday departure breakfast at Steakhouse 55 the next morning. I still have the day before to celebrate too! This is fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter