Best Studio for 4? Fun debate

hilltopper152

Mouseketeer
Best Studio for 4 in Sept??? (2 adults - 4yr old & 1yr old) so need a crib setup. 3-4 nights most likely....

We are looking for a debate of what the best studio for Sept. We have BLT 1 bed planned for majority of trip but want to split stay to a studio for a small portion of the trip to save points for coming back in spring. If we are moving we are probably leaving the "loop" but do not have to. Want to see what the mass group thinks... BWV seems tough at 7 months and we also always rule out OKW (sorry fans of that resort). Thanks in advance!

These have split bathrooms: Riviera, Grand Floridian, and Poly. They are also some of the biggest Studios on property (might be biggest). I would also consider the resort studios at grand Floridian, I liked it when I stayed there. The only complaint I had was the laundry situation is really bad.

Depending when you go maybe the cabins will be open and you can try that out. They are less than a 1 bedroom for points.

These have split bathrooms: Riviera, Grand Floridian, and Poly. They are also some of the biggest Studios on property (might be biggest). I would also consider the resort studios at grand Floridian, I liked it when I stayed there. The only complaint I had was the laundry situation is really bad.

Depending when you go maybe the cabins will be open and you can try that out. They are less than a 1 bedroom for points.
We just did the resort studios at Grand and mostly enjoyed it. Was annoyed with how it looked like it was a flip in quality but had a good time. We are resale owners without ability to stay at Riv and Cabins so we can't even though I like to try them. Split bathroom is nice but biggest issue is getting a crib setup out of the way at this stage and handling the stroller parking ha. We just wanted a little point savings and figured we can deal with the smaller space for 30-40% of trip length. Poly is right near BLT but maybe still a good option as those rooms did feel decently large.

I would probably go with Poly. We rarely book studios, so Poly is typically off our list. I would also consider Animal Kingdom Villas if your kids like animals.

I would probably go with Poly. We rarely book studios, so Poly is typically off our list. I would also consider Animal Kingdom Villas if your kids like animals.
We do like poly but stay there less just because we had done it but I forgot about the rooms being pretty functional. Last trip we did grand with Jambo and enjoyed it. AK only having buses drove me crazy and it was really large but it's a beautiful property. Maybe try it again. Jambo was convenient but would you recommend Kidani over it?

We do like poly but stay there less just because we had done it but I forgot about the rooms being pretty functional. Last trip we did grand with Jambo and enjoyed it. AK only having buses drove me crazy and it was really large but it's a beautiful property. Maybe try it again. Jambo was convenient but would you recommend Kidani over it?
Kidani is horrible. It's huge. I was all the way down one of the hallways. It was a 15 minute walk down a dark hallway to get lunch.

I wouldn't recommend that place over anywhere especially with young kids.

GF, Poly, BCV, BWV have the best studios for kids.

All of those booked? SSR are nicely refurbished and decent size.

Kidani is horrible. It's huge. I was all the way down one of the hallways. It was a 15 minute walk down a dark hallway to get lunch.

I wouldn't recommend that place over anywhere especially with young kids.

GF, Poly, BCV, BWV have the best studios for kids.

All of those booked? SSR are nicely refurbished and decent size.
Going into this BWV and BCV were my targets because of Epcot area and walkable but aware it'd good and wine so looking at alternatives. SSR for us is underrated for sure but of course bus heavy.

Have you ever had experience with BRV? Do not hear much about it and we have yet to stay there.

If you like AK remember that you can always use part of the savings when renting there (vs somewhere more expensive points-wise) to pay for Minnie Vans or Lyfts so you aren’t relying on the buses every time you want to go to the parks. For me Minnie Van to MK and DS is worth the extra cost (I hate the monorail and I’m fairly sure the Lyft dropoff for Disney Springs is roughly in New Jersey), whereas Lyfts everywhere else are fine. Given your kids’ ages though, you may want to pay for Minnie Vans for all rides because of the better car seats.

If you like AK remember that you can always use part of the savings when renting there (vs somewhere more expensive points-wise) to pay for Minnie Vans or Lyfts so you aren’t relying on the buses every time you want to go to the parks. For me Minnie Van to MK and DS is worth the extra cost (I hate the monorail and I’m fairly sure the Lyft dropoff for Disney Springs is roughly in New Jersey), whereas Lyfts everywhere else are fine. Given your kids’ ages though, you may want to pay for Minnie Vans for all rides because of the better car seats.
We use our own points primarily and did try Minnie van on morning to rope drop HS when at AK. It was very nice but pricey of course for my taste. I think I would have to use it more because strollers and transportation really sucks. Monorail has been fine for us but we don't travel during peak times. Walkable resorts are supreme to us but hate that it excludes AK and others for sure. That is why we kinda view those resorts as 3-4 night max resorts because it gets old.

Have you ever had experience with BRV? Do not hear much about it and we have yet to stay there.
The main reason I don't like BRV is the location of the lock-off door. It's across from the bed, making it more prone to noise, even if I use a rolled up towel. BCV, on the other hand, has the up past the kitchenette, across from the bathroom. I try to avoid studios with the connecting door in the location that BRV has (I think BWV has the door there also).

The main reason I don't like BRV is the location of the lock-off door. It's across from the bed, making it more prone to noise, even if I use a rolled up towel. BCV, on the other hand, has the up past the kitchenette, across from the bathroom. I try to avoid studios with the connecting door in the location that BRV has (I think BWV has the door there also).
Interesting location for the door to begin with ... good point. Not sure if we are the noise problem or the neighbor but a good point.

I don’t know if there is a best but I would approach it the opposite way. If you have more than 2 people, no to the following studios: BLT, Kidani, Jambo, OKW, Vero, HHI.

I don’t know if there is a best but I would approach it the opposite way. If you have more than 2 people, no to the following studios: BLT, Kidani, Jambo, OKW, Vero, HHI.
That is helpful. BLT studio was super small but we made due to walkable access to MK but yeah not comfortable. Thanks!

Coming back to this comment from you... If I do not get Epcot area 1bed or studio (most likely sticking with studio) I am now left with last options. For me it is 1. BRV/CCV (never been in the rooms) 2. Poly 3. SSR

All options here seem like they would work for 3-4 nights with a one year old and 4 year old but which would you prefer? BRV has my eye but I will be in parks probably half the days I am there so transportation matters. I imagine SSR is your last but its cheap and we enojoy ourselves enough.... Poly is duplicative of our longer BLT stay in some ways but a great resort. WL is its own thing.... what do you think?

BWV and BCV are both just popular in Sept so not much hope

Consider the bedding arrangements. For your group, BWV, BCV, or BRV may be ideal and at a lower point cost than Poly, VGF, or Riviera. That is because they have the bed that pulls out of a cabinet beneath the TV on which you could put your 4-year-old, and thus have the crib in the area where the couch is and not have to pull down the Murphy bed over the couch, leaving ample room to move around at night. And for that reason BRV is better than CCV because CCV does not have that extra bed.

Consider the bedding arrangements. For your group, BWV, BCV, or BRV may be ideal and at a lower point cost than Poly, VGF, or Riviera. That is because they have the bed that pulls out of a cabinet beneath the TV on which you could put your 4-year-old, and thus have the crib in the area where the couch is and not have to pull down the Murphy bed over the couch, leaving ample room to move around at night. And for that reason BRV is better than CCV because CCV does not have that extra bed.
Yeah that small bed without pulling down the Murphy does sound ideal. That makes the studio much more ideal. Not a one bedroom but space wise it would work. I think I will settle with bWV/BCV for preference but knowing it may be hard to get and fall back on BRV. Thanks!

we had a crib when we stayed at Poly last year. And the crib provided was small enough for us to fit in the 2nd "bath" which made it nice as our kiddo is a light sleeper. I know your have another little one in your party so might not be as big of a deal, but it made it nice for us in that aspect.

we had a crib when we stayed at Poly last year. And the crib provided was small enough for us to fit in the 2nd "bath" which made it nice as our kiddo is a light sleeper. I know your have another little one in your party so might not be as big of a deal, but it made it nice for us in that aspect.
Yeah that is nice. That is a good idea we would maybe try just to make it a little easier moving around the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter