• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best stroller for Disney w/ 7 month old?

amandatym

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
We are taking our son on his first trip to Disney in September. He'll be 7 months old at the time. Currently, we have a big travel system stoller, which is definitely too much for hauling around Disney, but I'm not sure what is a good lightweight and not-too-expensive model. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

My husband and I had the same problem in December when we went. Our daughter was also 7 months. We didn't want to bring our travel system because it was way to big and bulky. We wound up buying an Evenflo from Toys R Us for about $70. It is lightweight and folds up pretty flat. We debated on whether or not to do an umbrella stroller, but most of them do not recline flat and we wanted our daughter to be comfortable. The one thing we did notice was a lot of people at Disney had the same stroller just in different patterns. So what we did was buy a bracelet and put it round the handle. Throughout our trip we kept adding to the handle so we could find it easier when we had it in the stroller parking. After returning from our trip I had found this Evenflo was actually sold almost everywhere and the pattern was just a little different. Ours actually came with a netting that could be pulled down and clipped to the babies cup holder. It worked out well for bugs and cooler nights. I believe it is called the Evenflo Journey. I hope this helps. Good Luck! :)

I have several suggestions, at different price points, but when you say "not too expensive" I don't know how to answer your question.

The idea of expensive is very subjective. So, give me a dollar amount window or idea, and from there, as a stroller addict, I can give you a suggestion for the best one, in your price range.

Oh, I will be there in September, too. We will be there with our youngest, who will be eight months old.

--Eeyore's Wife

If I was in your situation, I would wear my baby in my Ergo for the airport, and rent from Orlando Stroller Rentals

The single stroller starts at $50. They are light, easy to fold, super sun shade, and full recline. Baby would be extra comfy.

We're driving down, so navigating the airport isn't a problem, but we need something that won't take up too much room in the back of the car, since we'll have to get suitcases in there too, of course.

In terms of price, I was hoping to spend less than 100 bucks, since we already have one expensive stroller, but for the right thing, I would be willing to go a bit over (although my husband might not agree!).

I'll check out the Evenflo, thanks. It sounds like it might be a good possibility.

We're driving down, so navigating the airport isn't a problem, but we need something that won't take up too much room in the back of the car, since we'll have to get suitcases in there too, of course.

In terms of price, I was hoping to spend less than 100 bucks, since we already have one expensive stroller, but for the right thing, I would be willing to go a bit over (although my husband might not agree!).

I'll check out the Evenflo, thanks. It sounds like it might be a good possibility.

I recently bought the Baby Jogger City Mini from Albee. com and to say that I love it would be an understatement. I will start by saying that they are around $200.00 which is more than you wanted to spend but they do go up to 50 pounds so it would last for years to come. It weighs only about 17 pounds, folds easily with one hand, a huge sun shade that will completely protect the baby from the sun, it rolls like a dream even over the uneven sidewalks around my neighborhood and can be pushed with one hand. I believe that these are the strollers that they rent to you at Orlando Stoller rental so I am sure that other Disers can attest to their "greatness". Something to consider....

I recently bought the Baby Jogger City Mini from Albee. com and to say that I love it would be an understatement. I will start by saying that they are around $200.00 which is more than you wanted to spend but they do go up to 50 pounds so it would last for years to come. It weighs only about 17 pounds, folds easily with one hand, a huge sun shade that will completely protect the baby from the sun, it rolls like a dream even over the uneven sidewalks around my neighborhood and can be pushed with one hand. I believe that these are the strollers that they rent to you at Orlando Stoller rental so I am sure that other Disers can attest to their "greatness". Something to consider....

I would go with an umbrella stroller for sure, that's what we have used for the past two years for both of our kids. Go to Babies R Us they have some that recline slightly and have a small basket underneath - it is so much easier than the other strollers (I also have a heavy travel one and a very expensive light one) and they are around $50 - I think there is a Chicco brand and some others. Believe me you want the smallest and lightest one you can find. I was worried about it not fully reclining, but my baby passed out because he was so tired - so the slight recline worked great. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter