best strategy for 2.5 days

paty

Earning My Ears
just wondering what would be the best plan for 2 and a half days at the parks. We have the morning of sunday, July 9, then july 11 and 12 all day.
2 adults and 2 teenagers and we have parkhoppers

Sunday morning at CA to ride RSR and leave around 1pm - other plans for the day

then tuesday and wednesday
If I use MM for DL on tuesday, that leaves me with CA on wednesday but that is EMH so hotel guests will be ahead of us. Maybe I should skip it.
My kids love RSR so I want to at least get a fastpass for it one more time.

if we choose not to use MM, what would be the best plan to rope drop CA and DL and do as much as possible before it gets too busy?

For world of color, is it possible to choose a fastpass for the second show?

thank you!
Patricia

Hi Patricia,
You can get a LOT accomplished if you are at the Parks pre-rope drop. Check out Disneyland Daily on Facebook. Casey is a fountain of information. We recently followed her plan for DCA at ropedrop and I was amazed at what we accomplished without be crazed and rushing about. She has EMH and non-EMH advice. I agree with riding RSR twice! I suggest that on the 11th or 12th you keep an eye on the Disneyland App return times for RSR fastpasses. I love that attraction in the evening. It is fun to be in Carsland as the sun goes down and all the neon lights up. In watching the return times on the app, on an average busy day it seems Fastpasses run out around noonish. I try to snag an end of the evening Fastpass for RSR using this strategy. With the opening of GotG the RSR passes may last a bit longer in the day but that remains to be seen. I can't help with the WoC advice but the Disneyland Daily site I recommend has sections on tbis, fireworks and parade viewing strategies. Have a great trip......I'm sure you'll get lots more advice here.

Before getting your FP for WOC, ask the CMs which show is currently being distributed.

Note that, of late, RSR and TSMM (and probably GotG when it opens) at DCA and HSM and Matterhorn at DL are distributing FPs during EMH/MM. What I have seen watching the app is that, by the end of EMH, RSR FPs are already up to around 11:00 am, so that REALLY puts the non-hotel guests at a disadvantage.

Before getting your FP for WOC, ask the CMs which show is currently being distributed.

Note that, of late, RSR and TSMM (and probably GotG when it opens) at DCA and HSM and Matterhorn at DL are distributing FPs during EMH/MM. What I have seen watching the app is that, by the end of EMH, RSR FPs are already up to around 11:00 am, so that REALLY puts the non-hotel guests at a disadvantage.

Really, Matterhorn is distributing during MM? That's silly. I checked several times yesterday and although the wait was steadily 45-60 minutes the FP return windows were 35-50 minutes out. I liked it better when they didn't allow FP grabbing during EMH. I wonder if that is part of the new FP+ system that is coming.

Really, Matterhorn is distributing during MM? That's silly. I checked several times yesterday and although the wait was steadily 45-60 minutes the FP return windows were 35-50 minutes out. I liked it better when they didn't allow FP grabbing during EMH. I wonder if that is part of the new FP+ system that is coming.
Matterhorn was distributing during MM last week - I didn't check on it this morning, though.

I liked it better when there weren't any FPs during MM, too. Since we're APs, we start at the non-EMH park, anyway, but it really does have an impact when hotel guests have such an advantage.

that is why I am wondering if I should use our MM or just skip it, switch days, and rope drop both days starting at the park without MM-EMH

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter