best store for groceries...

PinMan

Mouseketeer
what is the best supermarket to pick up food at and do you have directions from the airport ?

Depends where you are staying and which direction you are traveling - either the B line to Interstate 4 or the Greenway (417):
however - the Publix markets seem to have the most common sense prices. There is 1 at the junction of 192 and 535 - also another Publix close to Old Town- (nearer to WDW) at the intersection of Xentury Drive and 192. Many people have stopped at Wal-mart on 192... it is what works best for you.

we are staying at the wildeness lodge in disney, we fly in the morning.

We always use Publix. Sorry I don't directions. We are thinking of tring super walmart next time if we can find it!

Someplace Safari Steve posted about the superwallmarts, there must be a couple around close and he stated one he thought was better and cleaner than the other. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester: :jester:

There are alot of supermarkets around WDW. Publix seems the most numerous and inexpensive, but compared to Disney prices, even the Goodings at the Crossroads has decent prices. Still, its not the place for someone buying a week's worth of groceries on a blue collar salary. :)

Finding a supermarket is pretty easy if you hit 192 or the other major roads around WDW and you have your own vehicle.

We stayed at the DoubleTree suites on 192 before actually going Home(tm). These suites are about 1 mile from the SuperWally world on 192, so that's where we did most of our perishables shopping, but it isn't convenient if you don't have a car or are pressed for time.

What were pleased to see was a Sam's club opening on 192 as well. They aren't open yet, something that we were disappointed with since we were feeding 13 people, but its good to know where one is for future reference.

Both the Sam's and SuperWallyworld were well past mile marker 12 on 192, if that helps. Seems like you're driving forever, but that's just because of the traffic lights and the fact that no one in Florida seems to know what a turn signal is used for. :p

-Joe

Depends on what you mean by 'best'. Are you looking for inexpensive no matter how far the drive? Close but don't care about expense? Variety, close and inexpensive? S

for best prices but more for a specific item. has anyone seen the new little cans of coke? they are maybe 5 - 6 oz's and stack perfectly in the small frig's. And our Wal-marts have the vanilla cokes in the new small size!!! I am thinking of just buying them here and packing them but I am scared of them making a mess in my suitcase getting to the cabin. We are using yourride so I guess he would stop somewhere along the route ~ any suggestions???

There is a fairly new Winn Dixie about a mile down the road from Gooding in the Crossroads plaza. Make a R out of the Crossroads and continue down the road. It will be on your R hand side. Much cheaper than Goodings.

Hi ~ I usual get lip for this, but I like Goodings. The prices are better than eating every meal at restaurants. I know the prices aren't as good as the other, farther, stores, but I still like it. We pick up fruit, PB, Jam, veggies, bread, cereal, milk, juice, cookie etc.,. I love the convenient location and hours.

It usually costs us about $30 for a restaurant breakky, groceries come to about $4.00-$6.00 for all for us. We like coming back to the hotel for lunch and a rest. So instead of spending time and money (about $40-$50) on lunch, we enjoy sandwiches, fruit, veggies and cookies. We enjoy our dinners out. I love character breakkies. When we are not having a character breakky we love a fast grocery breakky in the room. Saves time and money. S

I would think twice before packing cans of soda in your suitcase. JMTC

I am re-thinking that idea. What a bad start that would make to our vacation if they burst! I am sure it won't take very long to stop and pick up a couple of 6 packs. I wish I could be sure that diet vanilla coke is available near the port. But I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to drink the "real" stuff...ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter