Best Steak at (almost) WDW

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Ok, here it is Wednesday and we haven't had the regular weekly post asking about where to find the best steak so I'll start this one.

I observed a big birthday yesterday - one of those that ends in a 0 big. Decided to go to Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria in Bonnet Creek. This is technically not on WDW property, but the only way to get there is from WDW property.

This was not the first time we have eaten there and will not be the last. The restaurant is very nice with outstanding, refined atmosphere and excellent service. Of course none of that would matter if the food (steak) was lacking. Not to worry though, the food here is also wonderful. My wife & I shared a chateaubriand for two. Cooked exactly the way we requested. So tender and flavorful.

Over the years we have had steak at pretty much all the WDW restaurants. None of them come close.

Did you sample any of the appetizers or desserts? How do the prices compare with WDW signatures?

Did you sample any of the appetizers or desserts? How do the prices compare with WDW signatures?
Yes, both appetizer and desert. We love the corn soup and the lobster bisque. The brioche rolls are to die for. There is also an amuse bouche that changes regularly. For desert we got something simple - beignets which come with chocolate, butterscotch and vanilla sauces. There is a full assortment available and we've tried almost all of them over time - pretty much all good choices.

There were seven of us at dinner that night, 5 of whom were also enjoying wine. Total bill was ~$800 plus tip. So, a bit higher than typical WDW signatures but not a huge jump.

Nice review. Thank you for this. This restaurant doesn't get talked about too much overall maybe because it's a high end restaurant. I have always enjoyed Shula's but will be looking into trying Bull and Bear now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter