• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best spot for 5 year old boy?

The3Ds

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We are camping @ Fort Wilderness in December, and would like to do 1 or 2 special meals while we're there. I'm going to try for lunch at Be Our Guest, but in addition to that, does anyone have a suggestion for a fun place for a 5 year old boy? Anywhere on the monorail, Magic Kingdom, or Hollywood Studios would be great...bonus points if it's not the most expensive place there is. ; ) Thanks for your ideas!

Well if you are staying at fort wilderness, Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a total BLAST for the kids...although thats a dinner show so its a tad on the pricey side but my kids loved it! It really depends what he is into...at that age my oldest liked Mickey and Tigger so anything that involved those characters was the best, lol...you have Chef Mickeys (but I would go there for breakfast bc their dinner food is really hit or miss, lol), Crystal Palace (located in MK and has Tigger & Pooh & Friends), Ohana (located at Poly and have Lilo & Stitch + Mickey & Pluto, only there for breakfast though), in HS you have Hollywood & Vine (@ Breakfast they have the Disney Jr Characters & at dinner they have Minnie & friends in their seasonal attire) and there is also Sci Fi (not a character meal but just as cool bc you sit in a car like you are at a drive in movie theater and its pretty cool!) Whatever you choose I am sure your son will love it!

I just asked my 5 yo DS what his favorite place to eat was when we went three weeks ago, and he enthusiastically replied Sci-Fi!

Just asked my DS5 too and he said Chef Mickeys. Can't help with the not too expensive part unfortunately.

my 6 year old son loved sci fi too when went in 2014. it made his short list for this year.

he also loves stitch and we did ohana breakfast.

I don't think a little boy would consider BoG lunch all that fun (though certainly if you want to go that is good enough reason!)

My 4 year old loves breakfast at Ohana with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, & Stitch. It's not as expensive as Chef Mickey and some others. They do a little dancing parade with the kids through the restaurant too which is cute.

You should also check out Chip and Dale's campfire sing a long at Ft Wilderness- the kids get to play around with chip n dale and you can buy kits to make s'mores.

We are taking my 9 y/o niece and 4 y/o nephew in September and showed them videos (if we could find them) of the different places they could choose to eat. My niece picked Spirit of Aloha (kinda shocked not HDDR) and my nephew picked T-Rex and Sci-Fi. My DW and I have been to all three and agreed that they were all great choices.

My suggestion would be to show him some videos of the places you think he may like. If he likes them all then figure out which are his favorite two and go to those. :)

I don't think a little boy would consider BoG lunch all that fun

Yeah, I can't imagine too many young boys being particularly enamored with BoG. It's much more geared toward girls. My son was 7 when we ate there with him for the first time, and his comment was that it was "sissy-ish".

Yeah, I can't imagine too many young boys being particularly enamored with BoG. It's much more geared toward girls. My son was 7 when we ate there with him for the first time, and his comment was that it was "sissy-ish".
my (at the time, now 8) 7 year old son went with his dad for lunch and declared it "inappropriately fancy for a counter service", lol. He has become quite the disney critic. Sci Fi, Ohana breakfast, and CA Grill were his big repeat requests for this trip. apparently CA Grill is "appropriately fancy."

I'll second Chef Mickeys and Sci Fi

How about meeting Lilo, Stitch and the crew for breakfast at the Poly?

Not in your prime location, but breakfast at Tusker House, in AK, would be great.

And if it were about his preferences, not mine, I would drop BOG.

Hi all,

We are camping @ Fort Wilderness in December, and would like to do 1 or 2 special meals while we're there. I'm going to try for lunch at Be Our Guest, but in addition to that, does anyone have a suggestion for a fun place for a 5 year old boy? Anywhere on the monorail, Magic Kingdom, or Hollywood Studios would be great...bonus points if it's not the most expensive place there is. ; ) Thanks for your ideas!
BOG lunch was one of our worst meals last trip. Not fresh and crowded and messy. DD loved T Rex at DS. the Cape may character breakfast became our brunch and was delicious with lovely character action.

We are trying to get ADR's for Sci Fi and Ohana. We will also hit up TRex.

Something my DS loved last year, that is definitely inexpensive, was eating at Contempo Cafe because he got to watch the monorails go through the restaurant.

I think Dinner at BOG is a different story though...I know when we booked a dinner ADR there last year, my 8yr old son could not wait for dinner bc he got to meet the beast, lol...that was seriously the talk of the trip. We did ETWB that day as well and he got to play the Beast in the story and got to roar and dance with Belle and he was so happy and excited, he couldn't wait to tell the Beast that he got to play him in the story and show him his roar, lol.

My son has always loved SciFi....he's a teen now and still loves it! Great atmosphere. He also still likes TRex. Fun restaurant and good menu! A little tip for TRex, you might not be able to score a reservation online...its best to call them directly, you wont have any issues.

My son is now 8, been going to Disney yearly since he was 4 and every year his dining requests are any non Princess character meal with Garden Grill being his absolute favourite. He also always asks for Coral Reef, Sci-Fi and Whispering Canyon Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter