• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Snacks

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
The last time I got the DDP I was left with a TON of snacks on my last day. We literally went to the gift shop to spend our snack credits minutes before we left to go home - WHAT A WASTE OF SNACK CREDITS!

This trip I want to be prepared so that I spend those snack credits wisely (I have a list of MUST TRY'S)....this list consists of:
1. LeFou's Brew
2. Cinnamon Roll (Gaston's Tavern)
3. Dole Whip (CRAZY...I've never had one of these yet!!!)
4. Begniets at POFQ (plan on hopping on the boat from POR and using snack credit for breakfast)

WHAT ELSE????? Looking for great snack ideas for HS, EP and AK...suggestions????

Get the Dole Whip Float!

Cupcakes at BOG if you're eating there and want extras. Like we got 2 with our adult lunches and got 3 desserts on snack credits for our kids. Including one gluten free dessert.

I think there is a cronut in Canada at Epcot.

On my to try list are the Ham & Cheese Croissants and the Lobster Bisque in France. Also the crepes in France and the caramel popcorn in Germany.

- The cinnamon roll is overrated - But I say that as a former Main Street Bakery Cinnamon roll eater. If you've never had the MSB version, this one will do.
- The cronut is outstanding. It's at the refreshment port right before Canada.
- Cupcakes at Starring Rolls or the Contempo Cafe
- A Waffle Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow
- A sundae or ice cream sandwich from the Plaza Ice Cream Shop
- Definitely recommend the Dole Whip.
- Beignets are good.. if you're at POFQ, walk over the POR and get the Magic Cookie Bar
- Nachos in Mexico are very good - even though I always prefer sweets
- The cookies at the Confectionary are really good - especially the Peanut Butter one
- Popcorn - it's popcorn, but it just tastes better in Disney. Get the first cart on your left when you enter MK, or go to EPCOT for the flavored popcorn (buffalo, sour cream and chive or cheddar) near Captain EO
- Anything from Boardwalk Bakery

I'm a big eater with a huge appetite and an even bigger sweet tooth... as you can probably tell :rotfl2:

My favorite - Caramels and caramel popcorn from Germany
DH - Rice Crispy treat from Goofy's Candy Shop in DTD (the only place that has the original one that he loves)
DS9 - Churro and popcorn always

I will say - the beignets are not similar to what you find New Orleans. They are not even close. We stayed at POFQ two years ago and tried them multiple times thinking it was just an "off" day. That being said...

My favorite snacks are

1. AK - jalapeno cheese pretzel
2. HS - carrot cake cookie
3. Epcot - basically anything from around the world!
4. MK - Rice Krispie Treat from Main street.

Dole whip floats and candied almonds in Adventureland! They had candied pecans in Epcot but I couldn't find them anywhere else...sooo good:) Also our morning Starbucks drinks got the day going and were a snack credit for any size drink.

Starbucks was a yummy treat for us...we got iced coffees in the May heat last year!

Starbucks is great for the expensive frappucinos! I think most resorts also have smoothies that are a snack credit? No sure where I read that.

The giant cookie ice cream sandwiches from many quick service resort counters are able to be shared by a few people!! Two giant bakery cookies with your choice of ice cream in the center. Gigantic!! We had one at POFQ but have seen them on the menu at other resorts as well.

MK - Cream cheese pretzel (lunching pad)
Epcot - School bread (Norway) and cronut (refreshment port)
MGM - Carrot cake cookie (writers stop)

The Norway pavilion has some great snacks. I love the cloudhorn, but there is also school bread and a very good sweet soft pretzel.

The last time I got the DDP I was left with a TON of snacks on my last day. We literally went to the gift shop to spend our snack credits minutes before we left to go home - WHAT A WASTE OF SNACK CREDITS!

This trip I want to be prepared so that I spend those snack credits wisely (I have a list of MUST TRY'S)....this list consists of:
1. LeFou's Brew
2. Cinnamon Roll (Gaston's Tavern)
3. Dole Whip (CRAZY...I've never had one of these yet!!!)
4. Begniets at POFQ (plan on hopping on the boat from POR and using snack credit for breakfast)

WHAT ELSE????? Looking for great snack ideas for HS, EP and AK...suggestions????
Dole whip.....definitely!!
The cinnamon roll at Gaston's tavern is yummy, but I would skip LeFou's brew.....just ok. If you are going to Gaston's tavern, get the pork shank....it is so delicious.
Starbuck's is a great way to use snack credits

Favorite Snacks:Boardwalk Bakery--too many things to list, lol. Caramel Tart (yum!), cheesecake brownie, etc. wonderful to sit at a table by the water and eat a fantastic dessert! MK-citrus swirl (like Dole Whip but with orange and vanilla-fantastic!), E-either Sunshine Seasons (awesome strawberry shortcake)or Cronut or so, so many things from Le Pattisserie Boulangerie in France, HS-Starring Rolls cupcakes or Writers Stop Carrot Cake Cookie. DTD-Ghiradelli!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter