Best snacks to pack for at the PARKS

Topher99

Earning My Ears
I am looking for advice and ideas on what kinds of snacks are easy to take with you in to the parks. I don't want a lot of sugary stuff, so other than granola bars, what do you take? I will have a backpack with me, so I should be able to comfortable bring a few things.

Thanks!!

Goldfish, PB and J crackers, Jerky, chips, flavored water packets, nuts, mini muffins, fruit, veggies, fruit snacks/leather, popcorn....

Container of cut up fruit, Cheese such as mozzarella sticks or babybel and packs of crackers such as Belvita (not sure I spelled that correctly). And a bottle of water.

We bring goldfish in a small plastic container so they don't get crushed. Also, Clif bars, leftover cookies from kids meals, the individual Pringles cans, gummies...

I bring a zilpoc or 2 in our park bag in case we have something we can save from meals :)

Larabars, jerky, frozen water bottles, Pringles in the single serve cups, Goldfish crackers, and Fig Newtons.

I usually buy some prepackaged pretzel packs, 100-cal packs of almonds and some jerky to take in.

jerky, almonds, granola bars, fruit leathers, gold fish.

my wife often packs frozen pbjs for the kids for lunch. (since thats what they would probably order at the QS restaurant anyway.

has anyone ever packed a soft sided cooler (our room is a suite so we will can freeze cold packs) with snacks? I didn't know if that was dumb or not lol - we will be there in November so it wouldn't be extremely hot.

Clif Bars used to be the number one go to when I packed snacks for my kids years ago. Also nuts, like almonds are great, Turkey jerky. Water.

When the kiddos were little we took in a collapsible cooler/soft-sided using the gel freezer packs. Juice boxes, frozen water, grapes, cheese sticks, a can of coke for mom and dad. Individual packs of crackers, cookies, chips, breakfast bars, peanuts/peanut butter. I would pack a couple of dollar store containers, and baggies, to keep everything from getting crushed.

When the kiddos were little we took in a collapsible cooler/soft-sided using the gel freezer packs. Juice boxes, frozen water, grapes, cheese sticks, a can of coke for mom and dad. Individual packs of crackers, cookies, chips, breakfast bars, peanuts/peanut butter. I would pack a couple of dollar store containers, and baggies, to keep everything from getting crushed.
this is like exactly what I was thinking - my daughter loves her cheese and fruit and I figured it's easier to just have this stuff on us not to mention Money Saving!

We took a small soft side cooler in a backpack during last trip. With the flexible gel packs. (We were in a condo offsite.) String cheese, sliced cheese, crackers, gogurts and yogurt, nuts, nut butters/nutella for spreading on apple slices (cut the apple 4 times, put back together and wrap an elastic band around it, helps keep it from browning), grapes, strawberries, bananas, carrot/celery sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber rounds, pretzels, microwave popcorn (if you have a micro to pop it before you go, just don't open bag when it's done).

I am looking for advice and ideas on what kinds of snacks are easy to take with you in to the parks. I don't want a lot of sugary stuff, so other than granola bars, what do you take? I will have a backpack with me, so I should be able to comfortable bring a few things.

Thanks!!

I usually carry some nuts (cashews or almonds are my preference), jerky and sometimes peanut butter crackers. Mostly I like non-carb things with some protein, and things that don't need to be refrigerated or aren't likely to get squished easily.

Justin's peanut butter / almond butter packets are AMAZING and the perfect boost on a tiring day. We also bring a couple bottles of water and apples in the backpack.

This past trip I packed snacks the kids had liked in the past. Big Mistake! I ended up with a bunch of snacks no one wanted. My 8 year old said, "Don't worry Mom, it's my fault for not going to the grocery store with you."
He made a great point. I hate taking kids to the store, but in this case it would have been better to have them pick snacks they would be excited to eat.

Justin's peanut butter / almond butter packets are AMAZING and the perfect boost on a tiring day. We also bring a couple bottles of water and apples in the backpack.

I'm glad you mentioned those peanut butter packets. I've seen them in the store and wondered if they were good. I never thought about taking them to WDW. I bet my son would like those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter