Best Single Riders Lines

iHEARTflorida

DIS Veteran
I didn’t realise quite how many rides have a single rider line.

My mum doesn’t like the big rides so I’ll be riding the likes of Space and Incredicoaster by myself. I was thinking of getting max pass just for myself for one day to do these bigger rides but it looks like I can do single rider.

Though my question is which single riders lines aren’t worth their time? Like sometimes the single rider line can be the same length in time as standby.

I can't think of a single rider line that doesn't always have less wait than the standby line. There are times when the single rider line is long, but that usually means the standby line is even busier than normal as well.

They used to have a single rider line for Soarin', but they don't anymore. That was one SR line where it could conceivably be a long wait, even as long as standby. It's irrelevant now though.

I found Indiana jones to be pretty slow with the single rider, maybe I just had bad luck, but I always opt for doing that first thing or late at night over SR, other than that I think most of them are in general faster than standby, I've heard some say Matterhorn can be a bit touch and go with SR

I agree about Indiana Jones. Yes, the SR line will be faster than the standby. But sometimes it can still be longer than the SR line for other attractions. Space Mountain is a good one to gauge simply because when you walk in you’ll see how long it is, unlike Indy, which you have to walk a quarter-mike to determine. In fact, yesterday I entered the SM SR line and it was the longest I’d ever seen it so I turned immediately and left.

I ride Radiator Springs single rider all the time. There was only one time the the single rider was long (like an hour long) and I opted to not wait.

I was on Soarin alone the other day and they actually pulled me out of line and handed me off to someone else, telling the other CM that I was a single and they got me on right away. I wasn't aware of a single rider line there, but based on how they acted, I'll ask about it next time I am there.

Matterhorn had such a long wait when I rode it single, that I never bothered with it again.

My daughter does Space single all the time and it has never been a long wait.

I love RSR, and I personally have never waited more than 10 minutes (although others have reported longer wait times). Also SM rocks - it's usually 5 - 20 minute wait. I use my MaxPass for all other rides. I know there are single rider lines for other rides, but find that using a FastPass is usually quicker than those SR lines. Oh and Smugglers Run...love that one too.

Indy seems to always be the longest SRL (proportional to standby) especially since the walk back into the queue takes so long for everyone. RSR can be equally long, but the standby wait there is almost always between double and triple the SRL wait.

The two "big" rides that don't have SRL are Guardians of the Galaxy and Soarin, but it sounds like you could talk your mum onto Soarin. Maybe even Radiator Springs? It's just a fast ride in a convertible.

And as a general rule, the SRLs seem to increase greatly once the FPs for that ride run out for the day.

If your mum wants to keep you company and see the great theming of a queue but not ride (Indy, Guardians, etc.) she can wait with you and exit near the loading dock on every ride (sometimes called the "chicken exit")

PHXscuba

Matterhorn and Indiana Jones are two single rider lines that are so tedious that I prefer to fastpass those when alone. RSR varies. Sometimes it's quite a long line, but CMs at the entrance are good about telling you when the SR line is over 30 minutes.

I didn’t time it, but the SR line for Splash on Saturday was at least 30 minutes. I thought I’d lost my two boys who I sent to ride and didn’t see them at the exit for a long time!

I went to star tours single rider line last time and it was very bad. The standby was like 1 hour at that time. At the 1 hour mark I just entered the door, not knowing how long the single rider line really was. So I quitted in the end.

FWIW here is a list...https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/#/single-rider-line

Matterhorn is the only one that rarely seems to offer much of an advantage. Everything else is usually a time saver. The best one of all in my experience is GRR. That seems to always be short even in summer. RSR is almost always better than SB but can still be quite long (20-30 minutes).

:wizard:

Smugglers Run is great for single riders! I have got pilot as a single rider too

I've always had good luck with SR on Matterhorn so I'm surprised to see a lot of nay-sayers. Indy has been problematic for me in the past. RSR continues to be one of the best ones.

RSR is great as a single rider!

Incredicoaster has been a long wait before. We have had FP for it (party of 3) and I want to say 25% of the time even with a SR waiting line, the seat next to us goes unoccupied.

Matterhorn has been hit and miss.

Radiator Springs single rider hands down because the Standby is always exceptionally long.

Incredicoaster is hit and miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter