• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best signature restaurant for children

We have taken our nieces to Narcoses. The staff was wonderful with them. They were treated like princesses. We loved watching the fireworks as we ate dessert.

Thanks! Right now it is a toss up between CA Grill and the Boathouse. Maybe I can through the steakhouse in the mix.

I would pick CA Grill. We have done CA Grill a number of times.as PP said an earlier reservation is usually a good way to get in and keep kiddos happy and excited. If they get antsy you can walk them out to the observation deck cool views even if you don't go at fireworks. Signatures generally are much more forgiving about substitutions as well. I've ordered a spinach salad for DS since I saw they had it on the adult menu ( he didn't want carrots or grapes one more meal!). Plus who doesn't want sushi for dessert! Staff are really good with the younger diners which really helps. When DS was younger we would order his food when we ordered our cocktails he would get an appetizer and not be "hangry".

While Boathouse is loud and lots to see, but its also chaotic. I waited 30 minutes to be seated for my reservation making kiddo hungry and cranky (let alone me) It seems like it would be a better choice for family friendly but it was slow service, dark, loud and chaotic. Certainly doesn't help kids eat and at those prices I want my kid to eat too.

Have a great trip!

Thanks everyone. Both of my kids are boys so CRT is probably out and I don't see my group wanting to do one of the shows. Due to my kids ages an early dinner (5ish) might be the way to go. We are limited to locations though because we just started booking for the end of August (last minute trip). It looks like Cali Grill and Yachtsman have availability right now. Another issue is that my wife is concerned about the dress code. If we are in "park attire," I dont know if everyone is going to want to go back to the hotel to change. Only to then get back into park attire.

WE took our DGD everywhere we dined, and found the meals were great for her in every signature restaurant. I think that for kids, even though CG is "kid friendly" it is also kind of stimulating. That place is loud! I woudl look at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. It is a lovely restaurant, has plenty of room between tables, so you actually have some space for your own party, has good food, and is in a lovely area.

I also like Narcoosses for families. It is casual, but the food is not. It is really good. I think both of these restaurants offer some down time for a family

Don't forget Artist Point! Our kids love eating there. Plus the boat ride from MK is something they might enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter