Best signature dining?

jfranklyn

DIS Veteran
We are 3 ladies doing a long weekend in April with the DxDP. We have only been to California Grill in the past - and really loved it there. What are your favorite signature restaurants and why?

Narcoossee best view of water parade, wishes and great food
Yachtsman has these amazing onion peal rolls, out of this world! And yeah food too :P
Ff post rehab is getting amazing reviews

You'll probably end up getting recommendations for every Signature...:rotfl:...but here are my favorites:
  • My favorite Signature is Narcoossee's. The food is excellent (I recommend the lobster bisque and whole steamed lobster) and the service is outstanding. It also has an outstanding view of fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant. They now reserve the veranda for guests of Narcoossee's only, so it's not nearly as crowded and they do dim the lights (inside) and pipe in the music.
  • Artist Point has excellent food and outstanding service. I like to go for an early(ish) dinner so we can watch sunset through the giant picture windows. It's very pretty.
  • Le Cellier is my favorite in part Signature. I enjoy the food (Cheddar Cheese soup with pretzel bread sticks, ribeye with risotto, and the cute chocolate "moose") and the service is usually pretty good (it can be a bit more hit-or-miss than the other Signatures).
  • Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs also had outstanding food. It's a very pretty restaurant, with a lot of selection on the menu.
  • I also do really like California Grill.

Le Cellier is our favorite and a must do on every trip! We went to Yachtsman once in 2009 and the food was excellent but we felt like it was a bit too fancy for us (everything is plated to perfection like you see on the cooking shows). We were on the dining plan then so it was a great deal but the bill was outrageous for the 5 of us. I think we ended up leaving a $50 tip for that meal.

What are your favorite signature restaurants and why?

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal.
1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea

Narcoossee's is our must-do signature meal every Christmas (eve or day). How could I go back to turkey at home now we eat fillet mignon on the seven seas lagoon? :santa:

Our favorite is the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Love the ambiance and the steaks are incredible.

I usually cant see past Shulas with honorable mentions to California Grill, Narcossees, Flying Fish and Yachtsman. Was personally disappointed with Citricos and Artist Point, they both felt 'dull' somehow. I appreciate that all places may have an off-night though. Only signature I absolutely would not return to is Le Cellier.

Our favorite is Citrico's, the food is excellent (the short ribs are out of this world) & the atmosphere is very relaxed & quiet after a day at the parks. We also like that the tables aren't right on top of each other, it makes it much easier to talk & enjoy your meal.

As another posted, all the Signatures will likely get mentioned, but that's to be expected. ;) On to the list!

Jiko - all around excellent experience and atmosphere
Artist Point - unbeatable ambiance and great food if you choose wisely--one of the more romantic restaurants
Sanaa - though not a Signature, the service and food are exemplary, and if you time it right, animals on the savannah

Victoria and Alberts- if you can get a reservation, do it! Truly an amazing experience.
Other than that, my DH and I LOVED Jiko. Our waitress was phenomenal (like on par with V&A phenomenal) and the food was equally as amazing. We loved our meal so much that our server brought us the recipe for it and we still make it at home from time to time (though not nearly as good!). We are trying Le Cellier/California Grill this time around..excited to see what they have to offer!

Citricos is my favorite signature restaurant on property. Not only do we have great service, but the food is so wonderful and if you are seated near the kitchen, you can watch the chefs.

A close second is Jiko. We recently tried it for the first time in March. Amazing food and wonderful service.

Our favorite is the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Love the ambiance and the steaks are incredible.

Ours too. Just had a wonderful meal there on the last trip. New York strip was easily the best meal I had that whole week. Started it off with some relaxing time in the Crew's cup and the meal would not have been complete if not for the Truffles and Cheese Mac. Perfect night concluded with a wonderful walk with the wifey to see Illuminations. If I could, that would be my perfect night on every trip from here on out.

I was there October 21 - 27. I ate at various Signature restaurants. I tried Citricos and Flying Fish for the first time and went to the California Grill for the second time. All three of them were really great and offer different experiences and atmospheres.

To me, Citiricos was the most elegant of the atmospheres and probably my most favorite meal of my entire trip. The service and food was superb.

Don't get me wrong California Grill and Flying Fish (Boardwalk area) were really, really good as well. While my friends and I liked the California Grill, I think we had more fun at the Flying Fish. The atmosphere there, while elegant, just had a more upbeat vibe to it. Granted we had drinks next door at the AbracadaBar before Flying Fish, so that could have played a part to it.

I guess the one thing you need to determine is the type of cuisine you and your girlfriends are wanting to have. All of the PPs have listed great restaurants as well.

Have fun where ever you end up choosing.

Victoria and Albert's is a once in a lifetime that is not to be missed! It is very expensive, but it is also exquisite. We also adore Jiko.

Narcoosees would be a must do with Dining Plan for my family. We liked everything on our recent trip - food, service, fireworks etc.

Our other must do is Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package. Appetisers are included which adds to the value, as is a pass into the most central seating section for Fantasmic, and its nice to have a meal in a park one day to save on travel time. We even had a bit of character interaction on our last trip!

Yachtsman underwhelmed us. Not bad, but not Wow nor justifying the "cost", even when on DDP. And its not exactly difficult to have a nice steak (Outback was superior steak in our view). As 3 adults and a child we paid OOP for a $50 bottle of wine and a child's entree, and our cash bill including tip was $136.

All our other Signature experiences have been great, I think if the menu appeals to your party then you will have a great time wherever you choose.

Sencybil x

You'll probably end up getting recommendations for every Signature...:rotfl:...but here are my favorites:
  • My favorite Signature is Narcoossee's. The food is excellent (I recommend the lobster bisque and whole steamed lobster) and the service is outstanding. It also has an outstanding view of fireworks and the Electric Water Pageant. They now reserve the veranda for guests of Narcoossee's only, so it's not nearly as crowded and they do dim the lights (inside) and pipe in the music.
  • Artist Point has excellent food and outstanding service. I like to go for an early(ish) dinner so we can watch sunset through the giant picture windows. It's very pretty.
  • Le Cellier is my favorite in part Signature. I enjoy the food (Cheddar Cheese soup with pretzel bread sticks, ribeye with risotto, and the cute chocolate "moose") and the service is usually pretty good (it can be a bit more hit-or-miss than the other Signatures).
  • Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs also had outstanding food. It's a very pretty restaurant, with a lot of selection on the menu.
  • I also do really like California Grill.
HI - I wanted your opinion on Narcoosse - we are a party of 5 including 2 boys - 12 and 13. I am considering Narcoossee because of the fireworks and water parade. I have looked at the menu and think it will work out ok for us - can you tell me about your experience there?? This is our only Disney experience this trip so trying to pick the perfect place. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter