Best Show for the Food?

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
Hi, I'm sure this may have been asked before but here we go...

Which show has the best tasting food? Hoop dee Doo, Aloha or ??

Would you go back again? Why or whynot?

How long did they last?

Tell me about the dining plan/seating?

I'm bringing two girls aged 5 and 15 in one month. Never been to any of the dinner shows (except Fantasmic...)

Need a solid suggestion.

Which show has the best tasting food? Hoop dee Doo, Aloha or ??
I say a tie. Just different.

Would you go back again? Why or whynot?

To SOA, no way. Left in the middle. Boring. To HDDR, yes. Lots of fun.

How long did they last?

No sure, but we cut SOA off before dessert.

I'm bringing two girls aged 5 and 15 in one month. Never been to any of the dinner shows (except Fantasmic...)

Need a solid suggestion.
HDDR!!! :thumbsup2

Hoop de Doo for sure!!!

Food is GREAT, yummy BBQ chicken, corn bread, baked beans, it's all delicious and the show is AWESOME. My daughters LOVE the show, been back 3 times over the years. Would highly recommend. I think it's about 2 hours all in. CANNOT GO WRONG WITH HOOP DE DOO.

Been to Aloha....would not go back, food was just OK, show was kinda boring. My girls much prefer Hoop De Doo.

HDDR is the better of the two for my family. They love the slapstick humor, dancing, etc... and I love Sangria, so it's a win.

I was torn too so I booked Hoop de doo bc I have done it before and the food is awesome - and I booked OHANA for dinner one night to also be able to eat at Polynesian! Both places are awesome. Maybe you can try doing something similar?

You must, must, must do the HDDR show! Food is good. But, the show is FUNTABULOUS! I went this past May for the 1st time & the cast is hysterical. They picked on one of my boys ds(almost 14) my kids are: 13,13,9. We all enjoyed the food BUT, one of my boys is very serious as in not even find jokes funny. To look over at him during the HDDR & see him laugh so hard his eyes were tearing up made me emotional. When we left he even said it was his favorite meal of the week. :) let us know what you decide!
*** you asked about seating. We did the 835 show. We did tier 1 which is right up front (tables are preassigned) I was on the DDP & it is 2 credits, tip and sangria included. I liked the later show because when we got out there was a bus waiting and it took us right to our resort :)

Another vote for the HDDMR. I've never been to the SOA but my SIL has, and they left early and said the food was terrible.

I like the food at HDDMR, but I also really like chardonnay, so maybe it all tasted just a little bit better. ;)

My kids love the show, and we've always had a great time.

As for the DDP, I think you can book second tier seating?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we've been on the DDP two times we went and we were in 2 tier seating.

You'll love it!:love:

Another vote for the HDDMR. I've never been to the SOA but my SIL has, and they left early and said the food was terrible. I like the food at HDDMR, but I also really like chardonnay, so maybe it all tasted just a little bit better. ;) My kids love the show, and we've always had a great time. As for the DDP, I think you can book second tier seating?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we've been on the DDP two times we went and we were in 2 tier seating. You'll love it!:love:
I think for the 8:30 show if you're on the DDP you can get category 1 seating.

ohboyx3 said:
I think for the 8:30 show if you're on the DDP you can get category 1 seating.

That's right.
Another vote for Hoop de doo! So much fun and the food is really good.

Best show on the planet....food is fown home vittles... Fried chicken and ribs .....

We've been over 10 times and still love it... Got to do Cat. 1 seating... Right down front in the mix of things...you won't regret it!

SOA, been there once.. Awful food and show... Never again...

Ohana, not a favorite either....service and atmosphere terrible..!

Hi All thanks for the responses!! Another question... I notice that Mickey's BBQ is another favorite? Is that a show or just a dinner? What kinds of things are done during Mickeys BBQ. Is the food better or worse than HDDR?

I forgot to add Mickeys BBQ on my first page... couldn't even remember the name of it! :)

:drive:

Hi All thanks for the responses!! Another question... I notice that Mickey's BBQ is another favorite? Is that a show or just a dinner? What kinds of things are done during Mickeys BBQ. Is the food better or worse than HDDR?

I forgot to add Mickeys BBQ on my first page... couldn't even remember the name of it! :)

:drive:

We've never went but looked in during.... Not impressed at all... Open air theatre, stifling hot, long picnic table seating... hamburgers and hot dogs.... more geared for children food wise..not something we'd enjoy in the heat and humidity of Florida...

As I stated previous, we've attended many a HDDR over the years ( have one booked for our October trip next month) and never, repeat never had bad food, drink or show... It's been top notch entertainment and food every trip.. It's why we return, and as for price.. Find anywhere with a dinner show, all you can eat family style including booze and tip for the price they ask... It's a bargain in our book..!

I'm going to go against the majority. DH and I absolutely love SOA. We went during our honeymoon October 2011 and thought the food was great and the show too. We also went in September 2012. I have never had a bad experience with them.

Another vote for HDDR! Show is super fun and I love the food! Full disclosure, I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat the meat, but my omnivorous dining companions have enjoyed the full menu very much. I could live off that cornbread. I've been 4x and would definitely return again.

SOA was a huge disappointment, and I left feeling like it was a waste of money (we'd paid OOP). Salad was very enjoyable, but the rest of the meal was tasteless, bland, and lacking in quality. Even the dessert was terrible. I also think the seating set up is very awkward in that venue...we'd opted for Category 1 seating, and although we were close to the stage, I didn't like that we basically had to turn the entire time to see the show.

has more of a subdued atmosphere and for kids it's not very interactive but the HDDR is wonderful. We had our wedding reception there with 24 people ages 2-83 and EVERYONE had a great time. Three of our party got picked to be on stage :) We love the food and go back on our anniversary each year. The endless adult beverages are pretty nice as well :)

We liked Spirit of Aloha. The food was fine--pretty much Ohana minus shrimp. Is it "worth the money?" As much as most any Disney food, IMO. And we loved the show (other than the goofy story part--wish they'd just do the cultural presentation parts instead). Agree, though--the seating is weird. I'd like to do it again sometime, but I'd also like to try HDDR one day--when we get around to staying at CR or WL probably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter