Best shops for Unique Items

mmackeymouse

DIS Veteran
I won't have a ton of time to shop this trip. It's my first visit, and I want to get as much done as possible, but I wouldn't mind a souvenir or two.

Do you guys have any recommendations for non-generic, unique Disney items/shirts?

I'm thinking something similar to the Marketplace Co-op in Disney Springs. Or even some of the resorts have gotten some cool items as well.

Just trying to avoid the generic World of Disney stuff. (Although I've gotten some great things at World of Disney too)

Thanks!

Sadly, it is mostly the same merchandise everywhere.
We like looking at the galleries - Wonderground in DTD, Disneyana in Disneyland and Off the Page in DCA.
Galaxy's Edge has unique SW items.
Likewise, New Orleans Square has themed items. Some are not Disney and many are from Epcot.
There is a Magic Shop on Main Street in DL. Again, most items are not Disney.
The HOME shop in DTD that features all of the home good items.
The Dress Shop has clothing, purses, jewelry, etc., but most items can be found in the parks as well.
The hotels have items that are unique to their Vacation Clubs.

Oh for the days when EVERY shop was unique and if you saw something you liked, you either better buy it then or make a note where you found it to come back…alas, those days may be gone forever. When at WDW, I did find items only available in certain shops, never saw them anywhere else…I bought a black velveteen small backpack (it’s actually a kid’s backpack) with a stuffed Mickey on it. The plushies can be interchanged as I wore Jack in there at Christmas). Never saw it anywhere else but a shop in HS.

BUT DL? I see the same stuff shop to shop to shop. So sad. Like @LKing said, sometimes those shops in NOS have unique items but otherwise it’s all the same old same old. Depressing for those of us who want to spend our hard earned retirement $$$$ 😂🤣

Good luck, I hope you find something you like !

Try the Arribas Brothers glass and crystal shops. There is one on Main St and one in New Orleans Square. I've founds some really cool things there that are fairly unique and you can have stuff engraved. I love my personalized mugs/glasses. I once found a green glass Heart of Te Fiti and bought one for each of my girls (all 3 away at college at the time).

There's also the Silhouette shop on Main St. That's fun.

Edited to add that there are the artists/artisans scattered around that do pictures, personalized parasols, and things like that. My girls loved having their names made by those artists who make each letter a Disney character.

Some of the park-themed board games can be fun, but might not be park specific. Most stuff in DL is the same everywhere now. We try to focus on souvenirs that remind us of that specific trip, even if generic. Sometimes we'll even check Amazon and buy our "souvenirs" there...

A lot of good things already mentioned here, but I would also recommend Wonderground in Downtown Disney, and Off the Page at DCA. There is some crossover, but there's often a lot of unique items you can only find there. Especially if you love Disney artwork!

Stores near certain rides will have specific items for that ride that you can't get in most other stores. I'm thinking HM, Pirates, Small World, those type of rides.

The new store at the Pixar Hotel has some fun stuff, and it used to be that Radiator Springs had a bunch of unique items but that has slid further and further downhill. Merchandising at DLR has kinda lost its flair and trended for mass market.

Try the Arribas Brothers glass and crystal shops. There is one on Main St and one in New Orleans Square. I've founds some really cool things there that are fairly unique and you can have stuff engraved. I love my personalized mugs/glasses. I once found a green glass Heart of Te Fiti and bought one for each of my girls (all 3 away at college at the time).

There's also the Silhouette shop on Main St. That's fun.

Edited to add that there are the artists/artisans scattered around that do pictures, personalized parasols, and things like that. My girls loved having their names made by those artists who make each letter a Disney character.
The crystal shop is the first one I thought of. I have some great personalized glasses I bought back in the day, they're such a great souvenir.

I really miss the jewelry store that used to be New Orleans Square. I used to go in all the time to look at the vintage diamond rings.

Off the Page would be my go-to if apparel weren't the primary focus. I also saw a few cool things at the Magic Shop the other day, although the cards I saw on day one that I intended to get were sold out on day three before I left. Classic mistake lol.

Off the Page would be my go-to if apparel weren't the primary focus. I also saw a few cool things at the Magic Shop the other day, although the cards I saw on day one that I intended to get were sold out on day three before I left. Classic mistake lol.
Oh, I never even thought of the Magic Shop! I loved it as a kid but almost never go in there now. What kind of cards were they?

Oh, I never even thought of the Magic Shop! I loved it as a kid but almost never go in there now. What kind of cards were they?
Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture, so I can't be 100% sure, but they looked something like this (and may have been these):

https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Disn...17&mcid=a466ca603f013477bf9801e0ae3c252e&th=1

Not the same kind of magic ordering them from Amazon to my house versus purchasing a set in the Disneyland Magic Shop, though! Doesn't have the same nostalgia and memory attached, but I still might like to have them...lol

Last edited:
I would add my vote to the HOME shop in DTD. I got some really great things in there that I hadn't seen anywhere else in the parks. There was one other tiny little shop that we stumbled upon that we bought lots of goodies in mostly themed to Peter Pan and the Castle and I didn't see them anywhere else which was great. This place is only tiny and I'm having trouble remembering exactly where it was but I am fairly sure it was right near the entrance to the Castle Walkthrough or the Disabled Viewing Area for the Castle Walkthrough, just near Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. In fact it might have been right at the rear entrance of the Boutique. It was really small but had some great items. Happy shopping!!

I love the perfume shop in NOS: Mlle. Antoinette’s Parfumerie
I try to buy a new perfume each time I visit. Last time I found that the perfume I’d gotten the time before also has a whole skin care line there too. It’s not Disney at all…but makes me think of Disneyland when I use it all!

Eudora's Chic Boutique, in NOS, has some unique items. at least they did when I was there in August of 2023.
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that place! It keeps changing, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Wasn't it a dress shop for a while? It has such a neat vibe.

Also, the store in NOS that is mostly dedicated to HM merch has some fun things sometimes. I had to look up the name--Port Royal Curios and Curiosities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter