Best shoe for DLR in January

spurk5532

Mouseketeer
I am a seasoned Disney Park (WDW & DLR) traveler and have always worn Chacos with no problems. One time i tried to switch it up with Keens and got horrible blisters on my heels.

The issue is that i have never been to the parks when the weather was below 70. I run on the colder side and worry that my feet will be too cold if I wear Chacos in weather colder than 70.

Does anyone have any good shoe recommendations that would offer good support like my Chacos but wouldn’t be a sandal.

Flip flops with tabi socks!!! The only time I wear 'real' shoes at DL or WDW is if it's pouring buckets. And even then I'd probably still wear flops and just take off my socks.

I really, really don't like shoes, especially at DL or WDW. But I have weird feet and I'm almost impossible to fit for long days of shoe wearing.

I like Asics because they have good support but are breathable. Lately I've been wearing HOKA sneakers which are super comfortable and supportive.

You could also try wearing your Chacos with Bombas socks.
I actually have the Disney princess Bombas. But not sure i would like the look.

Flip flops with tabi socks!!! The only time I wear 'real' shoes at DL or WDW is if it's pouring buckets. And even then I'd probably still wear flops and just take off my socks.

I really, really don't like shoes, especially at DL or WDW. But I have weird feet and I'm almost impossible to fit for long days of shoe wearing.
I am the same way and still wear my chacos when pouring rain. I can’t handle wet shoes or socks. I may just wear my Chacos and risk the cold feet.

Another vote for Hoka's. I started wearing them while I struggled with some bad plantar fasciitis (major foot pain) a few years ago and now that is basically all I will wear!

I really like the Sketchers Go Walk, I find them really comfortable and my feet don't hurt in them by the end of the day. Although they're mostly made of mesh I think? So you could still be cold? But with socks you should be ok. If it rains, that's a whole other problem!

Another vote for Hoka's. I started wearing them while I struggled with some bad plantar fasciitis (major foot pain) a few years ago and now that is basically all I will wear!

I tried on some Hokas and almost immediately twisted my ankle. They sit way too high for me. Not a fan. I was hoping to love them because everyone gushes about them.

I tried on some Hokas and almost immediately twisted my ankle. They sit way too high for me. Not a fan. I was hoping to love them because everyone gushes about them.
I never understood why women wear high heels. Were they invented by doctors to drum up business?

I never understood why women wear high heels. Were they invented by doctors to drum up business?

I can't wear high heels either due to the incredible forefoot pain that results. I can handle a chunky heel sandal for like, an hour, tops.

Weird, never heard of that issue before. Like you say there are tons of people that rave about them and that's how I came across them. Although maybe it is like me with Birkenstocks - tons of people love them but with my foot shape they just do not work. I've tried several times... but nope.

I wore a few different pairs of shoes last week, switching it up b/c I have heel pain that gets annoying. The one pair that was both super comfortable for all day wear plus warmest were my Clark's Breeze Glide Lace-Up Zip Sneakers. The laces are mostly decorative (they have a zipper along the side). They didn't dry quickly after walking in the rain, but I realized later that my feet were never actually cold from 50-something temps and rain, and they never felt wet like my other two pairs of shoes. I wore different shoes the next day (no rain) and was so cold!

1672603989131.png

Weird, never heard of that issue before. Like you say there are tons of people that rave about them and that's how I came across them. Although maybe it is like me with Birkenstocks - tons of people love them but with my foot shape they just do not work. I've tried several times... but nope.
Footwear preference is very personal. My wife LOVES her Birks and can walk around in them all day. To me, it feels like pieces of plywood have been strapped to my feet.

I’m much more into heavy cushioning like with Hokas and the higher end Nike running shoes. Feels like walking on a springy cloud. My wife can’t stand them.

Footwear preference is very personal. My wife LOVES her Birks and can walk around in them all day. To me, it feels like pieces of plywood have been strapped to my feet.

I’m much more into heavy cushioning like with Hokas and the higher end Nike running shoes. Feels like walking on a springy cloud. My wife can’t stand them.

Birkenstocks are terrible for me as well. They offer absolutely no support. I have delicate feet. I like Asics Gel Kayano sneakers. Nikes don't work for me either. I used to be a Brooks person but they have ruined all their previously good running shoes. I wish manufacturers would stop trying to "improve" their good support running shoes. They always ruin them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter